Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hi.

I have huge pores all over my face and nothing I do seems to work.

I've washed my face on average twice a day since high school but these pores still get blackheads in them daily and I'm constantly having to pop them. My face looks disgusting.

I've tried every method I can think of to get rid of them, but when it seems like I do in very little time they come back.

Has anyone else had experience with large pores or blackheads and do you have any advice?

It's so bad I'm considering going to a doctor to see if there's any kind of treatment I can do. I'd be willing to do surgery to get rid of it, anything.

Lonely Nerd

7,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
Well. To start off what kind of product are you using to wash your face?

Just because you are washing your face twice a day doesn't mean the black heads will go away.

Tipsy Prophet

Astringent (like witch hazle) or a cold wash cloth compress right after you've washed your face.

There was this crazy concoction I heard of way way back that seemed to work well. It was a 2:1 mix of whole milk and brown sugar. "washed" your face with it at night, rinsed, and then applied witch hazel. I don't really remember if it worked for reducing pores, but it did make my face ridiculously soft, smelled great, and was delicious.
LadyLucyLilium
Well. To start off what kind of product are you using to wash your face?

Just because you are washing your face twice a day doesn't mean the black heads will go away.

I'm using a combination of products.

I just started using Giovanni's D:tox system purifying facial cleanser.

It seems to work the best so far.
Delightful_FOOL
Astringent (like witch hazle) or a cold wash cloth compress right after you've washed your face.

There was this crazy concoction I heard of way way back that seemed to work well. It was a 2:1 mix of whole milk and brown sugar. "washed" your face with it at night, rinsed, and then applied witch hazel. I don't really remember if it worked for reducing pores, but it did make my face ridiculously soft, smelled great, and was delicious.

My mom always told me sugar works really well to exfoliate your skin but I never used it. I'll have to try it.

Greedy Fatcat

13,025 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Divorced 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

I have a skin thing where my skin doesn't shed properly, and I get black heads and huge underneath the skin bumps.
Ever since I start using Apricot scrub the black head and the bumps have gone away.
Also after using the scrub I used a toner for my face, my skin is clearer then ever before.
The only time I get a little something is right before my monthly gift...

Also, in the morning your face swells, try using ice on your face to close your pores, you can also add natural green tea to the ice.
yum_puddi
tomelay
I have huge pores all over my face and nothing I do seems to work.

you mean soo huge like those tunguska craters?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hilarious Prophet

If it's an option, see a dermatologist.
Seriously, I know it might seem like overkill - but if it's something you're able to do, they can really help you out with the products you're using. Removing blackheads can actually be tricky, and a lot of the time, if you extract them improperly, you're just pushing some of the gunk further into your skin and that will cause more problems.

Blackheads are really tricky. Once you remove them, it doesn't matter how big or small your pores are, if you leave the pore open, you'll just collect more oil, sweat, dirt in it and BOOM another blackhead. The trick is to have them removed, and then fill the pore with something good for your skin. Like a really good moisturiser, something with healing stuff like vitamin E in it. That way, you aren't leaving the pore open to be clogged up again. Hope that helps! smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff