Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ironwiccan's Wife

Angelic Kitten

6,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
So most of my life I always felt like I didn't belong. Belong as in I didn't fell human because I didn't want to drink like my peers or going to dances/parties. I always felt like I was an imaginary friend that somehow became real like the movie/book Sunday's at Tiffany's. When I'm around people I get the feeling that they don't care what I say or even if I just disappeared. Growing up I was always angry or depressed. 9 times out of 10 my thoughts would go to suicide because again I didn't feel like I belonged. I felt that no one would care and I would always "clam up" and not talk to people when I was upset. When I was younger I could always reason that "If I commit suicide it would hurt a lot of people. Mostly my family,". Recently though I'm finding that thinking about the ripples of the decision of suicide is getting harder and harder to stop me thinking about it. I'm 22 going on 23 and I finally decide I want help. I don't want to lock everything inside. I don't want to think about suicide anymore. I want help, but I'm not sure where to look. My mom wants me to talk to a "support guide" but I'm not sure if they could help me. I want to see a therapist, but I just don't have enough money to pay for the sessions. Where can I go that I can get the help I need, but not have to pay a $1000 for every appointment?
There are lots of free services out there. If you are in college, they have free counselors if you need them. There are online support groups you can join. Journaling helps a lot.

Coy-tenshi's Husband

HANG IN THERE! YOU ARE STRONGER THEN THIS! Sithis guide you.

Little Midas's Prince

IRL Warlock

46,925 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
If you have health insurance than they will cover the cost of seeing a therapist or most of the cost.

Search for listings in google for nearby or local therapists. Some therapists work as cheap as $60 per session each week.

I saw a therapist for $100 a session and found that I only needed 5 sessions.

Give a therapist a try. You may find that you only need as little as 3 sessions with them before you start making realizations about your life.

If you believe this is a depression issue due to chemical imbalance in your brain, then you can see a psychiatrist and get diagnosed asap so you can start medication right away. Meds will help you get your serotonin levels back to normal and will prevent frequent thoughts of suicide.

@-@

But mainly, see a therapist or psychologist. They can really help you and i highly recommend one. They wont solve the issue on the surface. They will help YOU resolve your own issues and get to the root of what may be the problem causing these issues on the surface.

Call your insurance and ask if they cover therapy sessions.

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
do you have health insurance?

Ironwiccan's Wife

Angelic Kitten

6,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
I have Medicaid. However, I'm not sure if I have it anymore..my daughter's Medicaid card was renewed, but I haven't gotten any news about mine....

Irregular Gatekeeper

22,965 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Headstrong Believer 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
Coy-tenshi
I have Medicaid. However, I'm not sure if I have it anymore..my daughter's Medicaid card was renewed, but I haven't gotten any news about mine....

You can call your health insurance to see if your insurance is still active.

Also ask if the place you are calling will accept your insurance before you make an appointment.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff