Welcome to Gaia! ::

We've been together a long time but I get confused. I'm young and he's older so we're in different places in life and i'm used to being with immature boys my age. I'd love to do things for him to make him feel special but I'm at a loss! What do you do for an older man to make him feel valued? I've given him gifts, notes, food and he appreciates it but I need new ideas. He has everything he could ever want so it's not like I could buy him a favorite movie or something. This isn't for a special occasion, it's just random. I don't know, what do you guys think?

Oh and does anyone have any advice as to what to do/what not to do to keep a man happy? Like a field guide? xd
Sex. Lots of it.
No but seriously, show up at his place in cute lingerie and dance for him in some heels or something.

emotion_dowant

Other then that, I'm in the same boat. My boyfriend is 15 years older then me and could get everything he wants so he ends up doing all these nice things for me but then I feel like I should be doing stuff for him. I will be lurking this thread.

and tips? Do NOT treat your man like your best girl friend. Do you think he cares if Becky wore the same top as you to that party? No. Differentiate the difference between boyfriend and best friend.
I think that you should continue just being yourself. Consider why the guy got with you in the first place. Were you someone else when the two of you started talking?
Ixithel

Idk maybe it's a woman thing but does sex really show them you care? o.O

Belonging To Night

I will I just want to know things I could do to make him feel good
a**l.

Or make him a sammich. Not a sandwich. A sandwich is bread with some s**t in between; a sammich is a a large lovingly concocted craft of bread, sauces in the perfect balance, the right cheese-to-meat ratio, the perfect medley of lettuce and vegetables, whatever random toppings, a drizzle of pepper and oil... mmh.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/marlboro_mans_f/

That's a sammich. I like it with real fire-roasted Serrano peppers instead of Tablahsco and some good solid whiskey instead of Woteversure sauce. >.>

But really, men are men, and our needs only shift. Make him feel validated and manly, pretty much. Tell him he rocks your world in bed and that you like how strong he is. That you admire his being responsible and loving and s**t.

The best gift to give is to listen, and the best way to know what he wants and likes is to ask him. Tell him how much you appreciate him and want to the best ways to make him feel as special as he makes you feel.

EDIT: sex shows affection to both genders and all orientations

8,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
Bunbun Muffin
We've been together a long time but I get confused. I'm young and he's older so we're in different places in life and i'm used to being with immature boys my age. I'd love to do things for him to make him feel special but I'm at a loss! What do you do for an older man to make him feel valued? I've given him gifts, notes, food and he appreciates it but I need new ideas. He has everything he could ever want so it's not like I could buy him a favorite movie or something. This isn't for a special occasion, it's just random. I don't know, what do you guys think?

Oh and does anyone have any advice as to what to do/what not to do to keep a man happy? Like a field guide? xd

well I am on older guy.....like old....really old. I had a younger girl friend once and the thing I likeda bout her was she was fun, would do anything that was fun....would try anything once and that in it self made her fun. so just be yourself and challenge him to do things that you like to do and that you like to do. New things may be better then you know.
I feel the most important thing is simply being yourself peroid. I know all you do is appreciated believe me.

gramps

5,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Member 100
Be yourself and listen to each other. I'm with an older man, and our interests/wavelength meshes a lot even if we still have our seperate hobbies. Fact is, we'll never get bored.

What do you two have in common, hobby/interest-wise?

Romantic Lover

12,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
User Image
ỳoύя jύsτ αs soƒτ αs α ℓíoи ταмe∂
ỳoύя jύsτ αs ωєτ αs τhє єvєиíиg яαíи

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

First off, how much older is he than you?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

ỳoύя ℓovє ís ∂яívíиg мє…
ỳoύя ∂яívíиg мє íиsαиє

User Image
User Image

Many have already given the best answer of being yourself. Doing things for the person you care for shouldn't be a matter of age. The notes, the gifts, and such should be things done with a person that you care about no matter the age difference between you, that's just part of being in a relationship, of showing a person you care.

But as far of ideas for surprises to someone that is older, just make sure that its something within your comfort zone. Don't reach for something sexual if that's not a line that you've crossed with him yet unless you are comfortable in doing so. If it is, doing something special for him in the bedroom. Maybe a sexy outfit, or one of those sex games, something that would make him stop and just go 'wow'.

Other, more g rated ideas would be, set up a night for the two of you. Make him a wonderful candle light dinner, dress nice, get some CDs of nice music and plan to just dance in the kitchen with him as though you were at some five star restaurant.

Or go out and do something with him that he likes to show that you want to share his interests. Something like tickets to see his favorite sports team, to go see a movie that he really wants to see, or a concert to his favorite band.

Honestly, doing something special for a person is all dependent on that person. The best gifts and things are ones that show that you know them, that you've listened to their stories, listened to them and took it all to heart. To this day the one gift I gave my fiance was so simple but meant so much to him that he could never let it go. (Basically when he first admitted to loving me he told me that it was like those monkey's in the rain forest. They climb a tree, trying all the bananas at the bottom and they just aren't right, slowly they climb this tree, trying other bananas that don't work until they reach the top and find that perfect one, ripened just right by the sun. He told me that I was his top of the tree banana. So for our first anniversary I got him this adorable little monkey figure and put it in a gift bag that was filled with banana shaped runts. Simple...but to this day that monkey sits in our bed room.)

Basically, look into your own heart and anything you come up with, he is sure to love and treasure.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Like Totally Not A Mule

XD I'd never do a**l. I doubt I could ever love anyone that much. What if I screw up and the sammich and it tastes like s**t? I will try what you said though. Make him feel manly? I can do that wink

GrandpaJones

Well sometimes his idea of fun are things I'm not very into. Like going to the movies or concerts so it's hard to adapt. It's not out of stubborness, it's out of anxiety. But I can be myself. Seems to be working so far!

Pompeiian

I'm trying to think of something on the top of my head that we have in common but I have no idea right now @.@

That sounds really bad doesn't it

Anasui

He's over 11 years older

Chikara_Wolf

I mean I could do what Ixithel suggested with the outfits, but sometimes its awkward because i'm shy.

I could go suck it up and try to see a movie with him. Theaters scare me for some reason though...

I could do something simple like that. I'll have to pay attention and see what would be perfect for him.
What about theatresque movie nights in?

Otherwise, just quality time. Talk. Cook together. Clean together. Etc.

Hilarious Fatcat

5,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Contributor 150
Like Totally Not A Mule
a**l.

Or make him a sammich. Not a sandwich. A sandwich is bread with some s**t in between; a sammich is a a large lovingly concocted craft of bread, sauces in the perfect balance, the right cheese-to-meat ratio, the perfect medley of lettuce and vegetables, whatever random toppings, a drizzle of pepper and oil... mmh.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/marlboro_mans_f/

That's a sammich. I like it with real fire-roasted Serrano peppers instead of Tablahsco and some good solid whiskey instead of Woteversure sauce. >.>

But really, men are men, and our needs only shift. Make him feel validated and manly, pretty much. Tell him he rocks your world in bed and that you like how strong he is. That you admire his being responsible and loving and s**t.

The best gift to give is to listen, and the best way to know what he wants and likes is to ask him. Tell him how much you appreciate him and want to the best ways to make him feel as special as he makes you feel.

EDIT: sex shows affection to both genders and all orientations

I swear, every time i come on LI i laugh my a** off at your posts.

Seriously though, Mule hit this on the spot, as usual. All of you go home, the thread has been won. The advice has been given.

Friendly Shopper

4,300 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Befriended 100
My boyfriend is 5 years older than me, and personally I would never date a guy who's my age, they have to be at least 3 years older.
They make me more secure, anyways.
Little things count - if he's a older man, then of course he's got his needs, maybe he's looking to settle down perhaps? you can help him out by doing some 'wifey' stuff to help him out a bit. I bet he will appreciate the help he can get.
eg. Cooking, cleaning, making the bed etc.

Yeah, sex always works, haha. Surprise him sometimes? cosplay, lingerie, put some excitement into it once in a while to spice things up.

Take careful notice of his needs and wants, because there is no man out there who has 'everything' there's always something that he needs, or something that a guy can't do/can't do as well as a female can. -

You don't have to buy him stuff, but what type of person is he? sentimental type? or like materialistic type? if you know him well, you should be able to start from there.

Make him a nice meal. Doesn't have to be anything too fancy (I don't know your cooking skills), just a main dish with salad or whatever he likes on the side. If you don't already know what foods he likes, it's research time! Rent a movie and wear an eye-catching outfit, something you know you look good in, with sexy lingerie underneath. Throw in some wine/beer if you guys drink.
Make a night out of it.

I think that's something a man of pretty much any age can appreciate.
Many people have already said it, just continue being yourself. Be the person he was initially [and continues to be] attracted to. Others have also suggested something more in the sexual arena. Wear sexy lingerie, what would turn a[n older] man more than seeing his sweet young thing in some skimpy slight revealing outfit? And if you don't like those ideas, then you could always ask him what he wants to do. Is he into romance or adventure or what? Whatever you give him has to fit his personality. I'm sure he'll like whatever you do for him though

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff