Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alright, I have this friend (she just turned 14 in july and I think she's old enough to not act like what you'll be reading.I know I'm 14 also, but I feel like I'm the adult. )and I have some things that I don't really like about her.
1.She's a show off. If you talk about final fantasy game or something she will bring the guidebook in the next day and show it off. If she draws something she goes up to some people we know and would put it in their face and say this. "Lookey!" or asks how it looks. (I never tell her the truth that it could use some work, I just nod and yes I know that's what artist do because I'm one myself, but still.)
2.She acts so immature. She brings in these books sometimes andon the side of the book it has the name printed in shiny letters. This is what she would say. "Look, Shiny!" Me and my friends just simply nod..Listen to these quotes I've heard during the school year."Mwahahahahah!" "Look at all the pretty colors!" "Shiney!" I also get some complaints from some friends about her like "She's a showoff" "I just don't like how she acts" "Everytime I tell her to chill out, she takes it as a joke." "She always freaking coppying me! I do something, next thing you know, she's doing the same thing."

*sighs* I'll stop there stare What should I do? I want to tell her, but then again I don't cuz I don't want to lose her as a friend.I don't know if it's just me but I think she should act alittle more mature. eek Oh no...my friends were right..I do act alot older than my age! gonk

Hardcore Sex Symbol

12,575 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
Just sit her down and talk with her about it. If she is not thick-headed, she should get the idea.
hmm, well my first thought would be...SHE'S 14!!

Freshman or people becoming freshman are stupid, retarded, moldable creatures who just sit there and vegitate untill they finally have a goal in school to finally 'choose their own classes' and know better people.

If it's just her and NO ONE brings up the fact she's 14, I'd just take her drawing and rip it in shreds and tell her to try again for the first one was only good enough for shredding.
Well, I would say she'll grow out of that stage, but then again I wouldn't be so sure that that could happen anytime soon. sweatdrop Anyways, I have a friend that used to be like that all the time. He even signed up for the same classes at the end of the year at school even though he didn't like them just so he could always be by my side. It was really annoying because there's just some things I would like to do on my own!
Anyways, just sit her down and talk to her about it peacefully. Tell her that you don't like how she's acting and it's not that you don't like her, but you want some space between you and her. Not space like time apart, mind you! gonk I'm not really good at advice but that's all I could really come up with. It worked with my friend after all! eek
JUst tell her to grow up a bit..don't tell her to change completely. She'll hopefully grow out of it...
Viola-Rose
Alright, I have this friend (she just turned 14 in july)and I have some things that I don't really like about her.
1.She's a show off. If you talk about final fantasy game or something she will bring the guidebook in the next day and show it off. If she draws something she goes up to some people we know and would put it in their face and say this. "Lookey!" or asks how it looks. (I never tell her the truth that it could use some work, I just nod)
2.She acts so immature. She brings in these books sometimes andon the side of the book it has the name printed in shiny letters. This is what she would say. "Look, Shiny!" Me and my friends just simply nod..Listen to these quotes I've heard during the school year."Mwahahahahah!" "Look at all the pretty colors!" "Shiney!" I also get some complaints from some friends about her like "She's a showoff" "I just don't like how she acts" "Everytime I tell her to chill out, she takes it as a joke." "She always freaking coppying me! I do something, next thing you know, she's doing the same thing."

*sighs* I'll stop there stare What should I do? I want to tell her, but then again I don't cuz I don't want to lose her as a friend.

tell her that shes an attention whore
uh... it sounds like me when I was that age, only female.

So, to me, it sounds like she's enjoying her youth, and is therefore more mature than you guys.

It also sounds to me like you guys need to be more honest with her, so that she can decide on her own to hang out with people that are more like her.

However, if she does have some qualities that you find redeamable, and just failed to mention because you're irritated with her at the moment, then you should try separating her actions from her. Don't say "you're annoying" say "this thing you do is annoying"

And that thing about drawing a picture and then showing it to people and going "lookie lookie lookie" that's something a lot of artists do. They consider it shareing what they've put a lot of effort into, not showing off.

1,975 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
I have a friend like that.
It sounds like sometimes she can be quite the attention whore, but at other times she is letting go, and enjoying herself without worrying what other people think of her.

In all honesty, if you have a problem with it, the best way to go about something like this, is to sit her down and talk to her about it. Do not try to change your friend completely, because you are supposed to be friends with the person for who they are, even through those times in their life when they go through changes.

Simply ask her to tone it down a little while she is around you, because it is a bit too much for you to handle.
Viola-Rose
Alright, I have this friend (she just turned 14 in july and I think she's old enough to not act like what you'll be reading.I know I'm 14 also, but I feel like I'm the adult. )and I have some things that I don't really like about her.
1.She's a show off. If you talk about final fantasy game or something she will bring the guidebook in the next day and show it off. If she draws something she goes up to some people we know and would put it in their face and say this. "Lookey!" or asks how it looks. (I never tell her the truth that it could use some work, I just nod and yes I know that's what artist do because I'm one myself, but still.)

*sighs* I'll stop there stare What should I do? I want to tell her, but then again I don't cuz I don't want to lose her as a friend.I don't know if it's just me but I think she should act alittle more mature. eek Oh no...my friends were right..I do act alot older than my age! gonk

Oh my Ghod. My best friend is the EXACT SAME WAY. I'm just getting sick of her! I feel like I'm growing up and she's getting stupider. It sounds like our situation is exactly the same, friend. I'm just getting sick of her. Some days I can deal with her immatureness, some days I can't. the "Can't" days are getting more and more frequent. stare
I have the same case as you. :3
One of my friends act like that too. But worse.
She tries to get all the boys in my class to like her, then dump them all at the last day of the school. gonk

And she keeps saying "My mom and dad buys me ________"
or "My grandpa was a soldier in the World Wart II"

I'm sick of her.
So what I do is:
Hang out with other friends, and ignore her. If she show-offs, just walk away. Being with that kind of person is not worth it. 3nodding
i have many friends like that yet most are 15 going on 16, but it's funny and somtimes i do it to, act inmature. just laugh at it and do the same, you may find it fun: you never know! so chill out a bit and have fun.
Let her be who she is. If you dont like who she is then dont hang out with her. I am 17 and I act somthing like that at times. I copy my friends because I look up to my friends, but in the end my friends accept I am a weird as you should your friend.
If it really bothers you that much and you cant' seperate her bad qualities from her good then it's time to find a new friend. While many people may think she's a show-off and find it very annoying to put up with, there are probably other people out there who may not notice or care about those qualitites.
if she keeps saying those baby words then tell her to shut-up

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces