Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,025 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
How do you stop yourself from feeling so lonely? I've been feeling more lonely every day for the past several days. From seeing 2 classmates chatting to wanting company. I've been doing what I can to distract myself from the feeling yet can't escape it. Any suggestions?
Loneliness. Loneliness is one of the worst feelings in the world, humans thrive on social interaction. Just like a lot of other feelings, loneliness is one of the feelings that a lot of us have troubles shaking off. It's the bread and butter for other insecurities, right? Haha. The feeling can constantly get under your skin and inhibits your actions, and it honestly just makes you feel like the odd man out. It's a seemingly simple question, but it really does bring some thoughts to mind.
You've been doing what you can to distract yourself, but maybe distraction isn't the answer to this. I don't know you personally, and there can be a lot of things causing loneliness or even preventing it for you. I'm not sure if you're weighted with some kind of social disorder or how many friends you have, but let's treat this to the lowest common denominator. Probably the best thing you can do is to start small and say, find a friend. Find one friend with common interests and all sorts of different things to talk about, and commit to that friendship. You'd be surprised just how much security you can confine in just one person.
Ah, but one is the loneliest number, isn't it? That's why we work our way up. Try to get yourself a close perimeter of friends, while introducing yourself to their own personal perimeters. Treat every person as more than just 'a friend,' tend to them and listen to them and watch your friendship flourish. This can go for every friend. Remember - Even parallels have something in common!
On the other hand, if you're a complete shut in, then maybe finding a solitary hobby is more up your alley. Emily Dickinson was famously reclusive, and made more than 800 poems! Can you believe that? There are lots of things that one person can do alone, who knows what fits your bill? Kite-flying, painting, writing, hiking, underwater basket weaving, that's the fun of it all! You have to find your niche and establish yourself, and who knows? Maybe you'll find someone else who likes that kind of stuff. Everyone needs a friend, and I'm sure you've got a friend. Confide in those friends and love them as if there was no tomorrow, and I bet you everything'll work out alright. Why, it's as easy as putting one foot in front of the other.
If you need anything, feel free to contact me via PM or comments. I'd be more than happy to see what I can do to help.

Questionable Prophet

Go spend some quality time with some loved ones.
Go on a date with your friend, your mom, dad, sibling.

If this is a kind of chronic issue join a school club for something or a sport. If you can't find one at school look into community centers.

For online stuff there are forums. Not a gaia one, but a specialized one. Swear to god, they have one for everything. (I urge you not to test this theory.)

I don't know much about Omegale, but it's a chatty website, I think? Be careful of penises though.

Timid Star

11,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Timid 100
Make some new friends (either online or in RL), reconnect with old friends, find new hobbies or get caught up in old ones... sitting around and doing nothing but worrying is not going to do you any good. You've gotta get out there and try to spend time with people or try harder to distract yourself from it.

3,025 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
Crying Aint For Me
Loneliness. Loneliness is one of the worst feelings in the world, humans thrive on social interaction. Just like a lot of other feelings, loneliness is one of the feelings that a lot of us have troubles shaking off. It's the bread and butter for other insecurities, right? Haha. The feeling can constantly get under your skin and inhibits your actions, and it honestly just makes you feel like the odd man out. It's a seemingly simple question, but it really does bring some thoughts to mind.
You've been doing what you can to distract yourself, but maybe distraction isn't the answer to this. I don't know you personally, and there can be a lot of things causing loneliness or even preventing it for you. I'm not sure if you're weighted with some kind of social disorder or how many friends you have, but let's treat this to the lowest common denominator. Probably the best thing you can do is to start small and say, find a friend. Find one friend with common interests and all sorts of different things to talk about, and commit to that friendship. You'd be surprised just how much security you can confine in just one person.
Ah, but one is the loneliest number, isn't it? That's why we work our way up. Try to get yourself a close perimeter of friends, while introducing yourself to their own personal perimeters. Treat every person as more than just 'a friend,' tend to them and listen to them and watch your friendship flourish. This can go for every friend. Remember - Even parallels have something in common!
On the other hand, if you're a complete shut in, then maybe finding a solitary hobby is more up your alley. Emily Dickinson was famously reclusive, and made more than 800 poems! Can you believe that? There are lots of things that one person can do alone, who knows what fits your bill? Kite-flying, painting, writing, hiking, underwater basket weaving, that's the fun of it all! You have to find your niche and establish yourself, and who knows? Maybe you'll find someone else who likes that kind of stuff. Everyone needs a friend, and I'm sure you've got a friend. Confide in those
friends and love them as if there was no tomorrow, and I bet you everything'll work out alright. Why, it's as easy as putting one foot in front of the other.
If you need anything, feel free to contact me via PM or comments. I'd be more than happy to see what I can do to help.

Thank you! heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces