Welcome to Gaia! ::

so theres this guy who I was dating in an open relationship with another girl.

long story short, dumped the guy and his gf because he was trying to use me to fix his current relationship.

problem is hes now cyber stalking me, occasionally texting/e-mailing me and its been MONTHS since I dumped him and have made it EXTREMELY clear I dont want his type lurking anywhere near me or my friends and family.

I am currently in a new relationship thats worked out so well we have moved into a really nice 2 bedroom apartment together white carpets and beautiful hard wood floors and even a decent sized kitchen. we are currently trying to save up for a brand new car.

I found he posted some crazy stuff on my profile so I deleted it and ignored him before doing this I sent him one last message to well give him the message that we are done and I dont want to talk to him, he was a mistake.

since then he has gone after anyone and everyone on gaia who has even posted on my threads pming them rude and disrespectful things about me and themselves. I mean like just random peoples on gaia. . .and then they pm me like "wtf is this douche?"

how do I get him to stop? if I ignore one mule account he makes another, so far I have ignored 3 accounts, and his texting and e-mails have stopped coming in so rapidly.

any creative ideas to get this guy away from me?

Liberal Sex Symbol

Threaten to call the cops and file a restraining order if he doesn't stop immediately and make it clear you're not ******** around.

If he slips up even once, call them.
You can always keep reporting him though if he's making mules it probably wont' do much good as he'll just make more. On the other hand you could abandon your account and create a new one. I believe there might even be a way for Gaia to delete the account for you (they used to have a way but I thought some time back on the Questions & Assistance forum I saw that they could <?> wink - so make a new account - transfer all your gold, items etc - then just abadon the old account - if you just change the name the name gets changed on all your old posts - and as soon as you make the new account block this guy and all mule names you know of. I'm sure if he's infiltrated your circle of friends he could always get one of them to give him your new name. If it was me I'd probaby threaten to kick his a** but I'd never recommend that. Changing everything would probably be the thing I'd try and start over without telling people who you are.
Inscriven
Threaten to call the cops and file a restraining order if he doesn't stop immediately and make it clear you're not ******** around.

If he slips up even once, call them.
me and my bf have discussed doing that already, luckily he lives in a different state but I could still contact the his local police station and do it.

my boyfriend is worried that because I sent him 1-3 messages back telling him to bleep off that he might try and just make it a game and try saying it was the other way around and basicly drag out the intimidation and bullying longer.
Tzagnos Zorba
You can always keep reporting him though if he's making mules it probably wont' do much good as he'll just make more. On the other hand you could abandon your account and create a new one. I believe there might even be a way for Gaia to delete the account for you (they used to have a way but I thought some time back on the Questions & Assistance forum I saw that they could &?& wink - so make a new account - transfer all your gold, items etc - then just abadon the old account - if you just change the name the name gets changed on all your old posts - and as soon as you make the new account block this guy and all mule names you know of. I'm sure if he's infiltrated your circle of friends he could always get one of them to give him your new name. If it was me I'd probaby threaten to kick his a** but I'd never recommend that. Changing everything would probably be the thing I'd try and start over without telling people who you are.
that is actually a very creative and good idea, but I need to keep my e-mail the same for work purposes same with my phone number.

I could change my gaia things but thats it.
psychic nanny
that is actually a very creative and good idea, but I need to keep my e-mail the same for work purposes same with my phone number.

I could change my gaia things but thats it.

You can always block him from your email account - and my self ... If i get an email from someone I don't know - I don't even open it - it just gets deleted - It's probably not a good idea to use a business related email for any online frivilous activities (like Gaia) and I've always had a secondary email account to give out for things like that. If he sends you emails pretending they're work related - just delete them as soon as you realize who they're from and dont' respond. Eventually he should get tired of sending them.

5,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Let Gaia know about him and ask if there's anything THEY can do too. I doubt it, but it can't hurt to ask. Guy sounds like a damn psychopath.
Pandy Was Here
Let Gaia know about him and ask if there's anything THEY can do too. I doubt it, but it can't hurt to ask. Guy sounds like a damn psychopath.
thank you for your support, I totally agree with your advice, just beware of random pms sweatdrop , hes probably reading this right now.
Call the police,he's a psychopath.
This is an issue for Gaia. You need to contact a mod and see if there's anything that can be done to block his access to the site.

Also, you need to get the police involved. Gather the evidence of his online harassment and see what they can do to help. Depending on where you live, you can get an anti-harassment order or a restraining order.

Personally, if the police think you have the evidence to get a restraining order, then get the restraining order. He sounds unstable and could easily start stalking you at your home, your work, your friends' houses, etc.

6,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Block him on any social network account that you have and contact gaia about blocking his ip address from your account or to the site in general if none of that helps then get the police involved.

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Contact Gaia to see what they can do to help you with this, or what they suggest you should do. Make another email address to use for this kind of thing and create a new account, transfer your stuff, then, if you have online friends, warn them not to give out any of your info to anyone and not to send them your way to get any info from you. Block him on all social networking sites. Block his email address and phone number. Keep records of when he harasses you or your friends and family, and if you must, call the police and work on getting a restraining order. Whatever you do, do not respond to him or his emails/texts/whatever. All that does is feed his desire to piss you off and make you uncomfortable. Tell your family and friends not to respond to him. Just document the harassment and let you know. Make certain they DO NOT give out your info. If they can't be trusted with such things, don't let them know.
Guys like him thrive on making you uncomfortable. I had an ex play that game for a little while; when I stopped responding in any form, he stopped bothering me. That's just my case, yours doesn't sound like he'll relent like that.

Warn your friends and family about him, and tell them that they CANNOT under ANY circumstances give him your contact information. At all. If you think you have enough information to get a restraining order, get it filed immediately.
well my BF said he'd deal with it in the gentlest way possible for me.

I dont know what this means but I will soon find out I suppose. . .

8,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
psychic nanny
so theres this guy who I was dating in an open relationship with another girl.

long story short, dumped the guy and his gf because he was trying to use me to fix his current relationship.

problem is hes now cyber stalking me, occasionally texting/e-mailing me and its been MONTHS since I dumped him and have made it EXTREMELY clear I dont want his type lurking anywhere near me or my friends and family.

I am currently in a new relationship thats worked out so well we have moved into a really nice 2 bedroom apartment together white carpets and beautiful hard wood floors and even a decent sized kitchen. we are currently trying to save up for a brand new car.

I found he posted some crazy stuff on my profile so I deleted it and ignored him before doing this I sent him one last message to well give him the message that we are done and I dont want to talk to him, he was a mistake.

since then he has gone after anyone and everyone on gaia who has even posted on my threads pming them rude and disrespectful things about me and themselves. I mean like just random peoples on gaia. . .and then they pm me like "wtf is this douche?"

how do I get him to stop? if I ignore one mule account he makes another, so far I have ignored 3 accounts, and his texting and e-mails have stopped coming in so rapidly.

any creative ideas to get this guy away from me?

report him along with what he is saying.....block him and leave it at that...do not respond to him because that makes him keep it up....

gramps

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces