Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Fatcat

8,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I have this crush, man that I've really loved texting to recently. But I think I might have been a bit overwhelming for him, and he's lost his interest....or so it feels for me sad

We talked about meeting up for Halloween on a concert, but I don't know if he's still thinking about it or at least interested anymore.....

Stressing me out.

Is it possible to get him interested in me again?
You shouldnt need to. If you are really meant to be he isnt going to like loose interest in a day, and you are likely over thinking it.

Shameless Exhibitionist

7,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Nordic_Bjork
He really seemed like the guy for me, and me for him... redface

This is a crush, yes? You aren't actually going out and haven't been for some time? Sorry but, the assumption you are making that you are made for one another comes from knowing someone on more than just a casual level.

Fluffy Fatcat

8,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
nightelvenserva
Nordic_Bjork

This is a crush, yes? You aren't actually going out and haven't been for some time? Sorry but, the assumption you are making that you are made for one another comes from knowing someone on more than just a casual level.

Okay sad

Shameless Exhibitionist

7,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Nordic_Bjork
nightelvenserva
Nordic_Bjork

Okay sad

I know that it might sound a bit harsh but I am speaking from experience - in my first relationship, I went more or less full on in there with rose-tinted glasses that were rather rudely yanked off pretty quickly.

Fluffy Fatcat

8,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
nightelvenserva
Nordic_Bjork
nightelvenserva
Nordic_Bjork

Okay sad

I know that it might sound a bit harsh but I am speaking from experience - in my first relationship, I went more or less full on in there with rose-tinted glasses that were rather rudely yanked off pretty quickly.

It's okay...I think the problem is more me, like I'm over thinking things and stressing....
It's like it is more my fault....
And yeah I've EXACTLY had the same experience as you crying

But I kind of don't want to lose this one.... I know it sounds so egoistical...

Fluffy Fatcat

8,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
There's nobody at fault here. If he's interested he'll come around. If not then it's his loss. As great as he seems, if it doesn't work out there will be other guys. It will be alright.

Lavish Loiterer

mangachan
There's nobody at fault here. If he's interested he'll come around. If not then it's his loss. As great as he seems, if it doesn't work out there will be other guys. It will be alright.

Sparkly Vampire

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
Nordic_Bjork
I have this crush, man that I've really loved texting to recently. But I think I might have been a bit overwhelming for him, and he's lost his interest....or so it feels for me sad

We talked about meeting up for Halloween on a concert, but I don't know if he's still thinking about it or at least interested anymore.....

Stressing me out.

Texting is annoying, it's like you can never be left alone. Don't try to have discussions on texts, use texts to ask him to hang out, go out somewhere and receive quick info. If you want to get his interest, ask him out to lunch, coffee, dinner, movies, etc. so he can get to know you in person more and develop more interest. When the time is right when/if you guys date and become boyfriend/girlfriend, you can tell him how much you like him.

Enthusiast

Nordic_Bjork

Stressing me out.

You're over-thinking.

I understand this is cliché, but when you feel overwhelmed, take deep slow breaths, and count each time you exhale. It's a calming technique that you're probably already aware of, but it works.

1. You're experiencing an infatuation. These feelings are normally intense, and can make us extremely self-conscious. However, despite all the craziness infatuations bring, the best thing is almost everyone in the world has experienced it at least once in their life (this includes your crush), so don't feel like you're weird. Just gain control of yourself, and keep your cool as best as you can.

2. Understand that you're not aware of his feelings. You don't know if he likes you romantically, or not. You only know how you feel. The only thing you can be sure of for now is that he's you're friend; be happy with that, enjoy his company, and let everything come naturally.

3. Don't text so often, or call too much. Constant contact could make anyone feel like they got a stalker/potential-trouble on their hands, and regret giving out their number. Just send text to make plans, and that's it. Make phone calls if you need to tell him something, and that's it. You two aren't dating, so 'just because I'm thinking of you,' phone calls/texts are inappropriate.

4. This is optional. When you feel it's the right time, tell him how you feel. Do NOT expect him to feel the same way. Just tell him for the sake of being honest and letting him know your feelings. He may feel the same way, and he may not. If he doesn't see as more than a friend, then respect his feelings, accept it, and move on.

Timid Star

11,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Timid 100
Does he know you're interested? Has he expressed interest in you? Maybe you should let him know how you feel and ask how he feels about you. If he says he's not interested, time to move on... You can't force someone to like you. However, he could say he's very interested, and everything will be fine. Don't be shy... Find out the truth!
Oh yeah I just noticed something in the OP…you guys talked about meeting up for Halloween. Talking about something in theory and having it be an actual plan are two different things. If this is to develop into something, you want to start your relationship off based on clarity. The next time you speak with this person, ask him if you guys are in fact meeting for that (or anything else) because you'd very much like to go with him. If he skirts the issue or drags his feet, you have your answer.

Fluffy Fatcat

8,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
mangachan
Oh yeah I just noticed something in the OP…you guys talked about meeting up for Halloween. Talking about something in theory and having it be an actual plan are two different things. If this is to develop into something, you want to start your relationship off based on clarity. The next time you speak with this person, ask him if you guys are in fact meeting for that (or anything else) because you'd very much like to go with him. If he skirts the issue or drags his feet, you have your answer.

Hahah yeah.

For me texting people is a struggle, I feel like I don't get to know them as good as when I am in "direct" contact. Texting gives such a fragile one lined conversation.....going back and forth...

For the halloween thing I didn't EXACTLY ask him about it. I was mentioning about the concert I am going to on halloween, and how I missed my hometown and friends.
Then I got a reply: "I'll see if i get time. Would be fun" I got very happy and surprised.
I asked him a second time if he was still considering it, and wrote "Not exactly impossible wink "

Soooo......I dunno. I would really appreciate meeting him face to face and maybe have a "date", but I am the kind of person who suffers from negativity and pessimistic views...I really have to change cry

Sparkly Vampire

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
Nordic_Bjork
mangachan

Hahah yeah.

For me texting people is a struggle, I feel like I don't get to know them as good as when I am in "direct" contact. Texting gives such a fragile one lined conversation.....going back and forth...

For the halloween thing I didn't EXACTLY ask him about it. I was mentioning about the concert I am going to on halloween, and how I missed my hometown and friends.
Then I got a reply: "I'll see if i get time. Would be fun" I got very happy and surprised.
I asked him a second time if he was still considering it, and wrote "Not exactly impossible wink "

Soooo......I dunno. I would really appreciate meeting him face to face and maybe have a "date", but I am the kind of person who suffers from negativity and pessimistic views...I really have to change cry

Halloween is 2 weeks away, you could ask him out for lunch or something before then

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff