Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
I was just wondering how many mental illness a person can have?
I think I might have four-five all at once.
I'm starting to think I'm a nut case.

Amorous Exhibitionist

19,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200
DizzytheMule

Many, there aren't really fine lines between mental disorders, however doctors try to avoid actually putting a label on them for many reasons- most notably because being diagnosed with a mental disorder lets people "hide" behind it and give up all pretense of attempting to have a normal lifestyle.
If you have doubts, go see a doctor.

Pliskin MD's Wife

Spoopy Bear

17,525 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Get professionally diagnosed before assuming you have any mental illnesses. That being said, it varies. One person could only suffer from one, and another could have more than five. It depends on the chemistry of their brain. User Image

User ImageUser Image

5,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
!d!ot Amer!ca

Get professionally diagnosed before assuming you have any mental illnesses. That being said, it varies. One person could only suffer from one, and another could have more than five. It depends on the chemistry of their brain. User Image

User ImageUser Image

I'm not diagnosing myself.
Mental health counsellor and my doctor are

5,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
Sick Salacious X
DizzytheMule

Many, there aren't really fine lines between mental disorders, however doctors try to avoid actually putting a label on them for many reasons- most notably because being diagnosed with a mental disorder lets people "hide" behind it and give up all pretense of attempting to have a normal lifestyle.
If you have doubts, go see a doctor.

I saw my doctor today and he thinks I have this other mental illness too so I'm going to see a psychiatrist since my mental health worker wants me to.

Friendly Shapeshifter

5,000 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
If you haven't been officially diagnosed by a medical and/or psychological professional, then don't say that you have a disorder. Self-diagnosis is perhaps one of the worst things you can do to yourself, as you might end up thinking yourself into a real disorder by putting two and two together and coming out with five.

Wealthy Consumer

8,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
To answer your question, one person can have MANY mental disorders. There is no -limit-

Also, I have to agree with everyone. Don't self diagnose (I know you said that the doc is saying stuff... .but honestly that doesn't sound too convincing). Until you get an actual diagnosis, don't label yourself and don't worry.

Also, keep in mind, a lot of mental disorders share common symptoms as well as some disorders are actually a combination of other disorders.

Saphire777's Wife

Beloved Kitten

7,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
DizzytheMule

hopefully i dont get judged too much for what im about to but i know how you feel i have been diagnosed with 4 different mental illnesses. They are Schizophrenia, adhd, Bipolar and an anxiety disorder. just know that you are not alone

Anxious Lunatic

Having mental illnesses doesn't make you a "nut case." Remember, "insanity" and "crazy" are nowhere in psychology--they're legal terms, used if a defendant isn't aware of what they've done is wrong (in general, psychopaths and serial killers). You can't actually be "crazy." wink

I'm not sure. I have 5 myself, and technically qualify for a sixth, as well ("complex PTSD." Otherwise known as "emotional scarring." ). So you're not crazy just because you've got a number of disorders. I'm not foaming at the mouth or stupider than other people, I'm just as normal as everyone else (except when I see a shark, am with noisy eaters, am in a stressful situation, am daydreaming, drawing, or listening to music, or am asked what I look like).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff