Welcome to Gaia! ::

My friend ALWAYS brags about how guys hit on her and how so many guys like her. If I'll meet one of her friends ill be like oh hes nice she'll be like oh yeah hes totally in love with me has been for a long time. It's getting really annoying. I don't do that with her at all. How can I respond to her to stop doing it. She literally just sent me a text that some guy threw his self on top of her and I was just like "um okay".

Dapper Gaian

1,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Timid 100
  • Full closet 200
Why is she telling you?

She either

A) Thinks it's a big deal

and/or

B)Thinks you want to know

If she thinks it's a big deal, either she could just have low self-esteem or bases her opinion of herself entirely on others. Like how sometimes we're excited for getting 100% on a test and we tell someone. It's a little bit bragging, but we're allowed to be proud of ourselves every now and then. She obviously feels really good when someone expresses desire for her. We all want to be wanted, it's okay.

If she's your friend, and if she's not an a*****e, she's probably not doing it to make you jealous, she's just happy.

If she gets annoying about it, you can just give her the "That's nice." response until she stops.
ShadowSkies
Why is she telling you?

She either

A) Thinks it's a big deal

and/or

B)Thinks you want to know

If she thinks it's a big deal, either she could just have low self-esteem or bases her opinion of herself entirely on others. Like how sometimes we're excited for getting 100% on a test and we tell someone. It's a little bit bragging, but we're allowed to be proud of ourselves every now and then. She obviously feels really good when someone expresses desire for her. We all want to be wanted, it's okay.

If she's your friend, and if she's not an a*****e, she's probably not doing it to make you jealous, she's just happy.

If she gets annoying about it, you can just give her the "That's nice." response until she stops.

I don't think she wants me to know. I don't care about half of the guys she tells me about at all. But yeah I think she thinks it's a big deal and wants me to get jealous. 100% on a test I'd be excited for someone absolutely but when it's always about boys it gets very annoying. Apparently every guy she ever meets is in love with her. She's an a*****e. She's a very mean person but she is my friend. I'm gonna keep doing the thats nice approach because im sure she'll get the hint if it's always my response. Thank you.
Just tell her that you don't give a s**t how is that so hard to say
My friend does that all the time to me and she knows I can't get a guy so I feel like it's
More trying to make me jealous. I know how you feel!

Fashionable Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
My bff is really a attractive and nice girl and all guys just love her. She want to find a boyfriend but apparently all guys that likes her, she does not like. It really annoys me, cause usually those boys are nice and I would date them u_u but she won't.
and I'm the opposite, I like everyone and no one likes me, God it is so annoying.
It usually is to show off, rather than make someone jealous. I understand how tiring it gets when your friend won't shut up about it. Also, if you are getting jealous, then it is an insecurity you have, rather than being your friend's fault or her problem.
Ananasu
My bff is really a attractive and nice girl and all guys just love her. She want to find a boyfriend but apparently all guys that likes her, she does not like. It really annoys me, cause usually those boys are nice and I would date them u_u but she won't.
and I'm the opposite, I like everyone and no one likes me, God it is so annoying.

Then you should work on your insecurity, rather than blaming your friend.

Fashionable Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
Chicken Zombie
Ananasu

Then you should work on your insecurity, rather than blaming your friend.

I don't blame her and I am not insecure razz just a bit jealous.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

14,075 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
Just tell her that you don't give two shits. It sounds like she is going it to try and get on your nerves, or trying to show off to you. If you say she is a b***h, then she is probably doing it to come off like she is hot s**t. I am sure those guys that are "in love" with her are not, and are just trying to get into her pants.
Chicken Zombie
It usually is to show off, rather than make someone jealous. I understand how tiring it gets when your friend won't shut up about it. Also, if you are getting jealous, then it is an insecurity you have, rather than being your friend's fault or her problem.
I don't get jealous I get annoyed. I'm not thinking why don't guys like me. I just think that she thinks everyone likes her and shes such a mean person. She shows off with everything if I get something nice she has to one up me and it's just insanely annoying.
quayla666
Just tell her that you don't give two shits. It sounds like she is going it to try and get on your nerves, or trying to show off to you. If you say she is a b***h, then she is probably doing it to come off like she is hot s**t. I am sure those guys that are "in love" with her are not, and are just trying to get into her pants.

Yeah I think they are too. She tries to make herself seem really smart and stuff how she never does homework but gets a+'s on tests. Yet she failed the same math class twice and I passed. She loves showing off. I got a really nice wallet from an uncle and so she looked up the price and the wallet and then was like oh well i want a purse like that and found a purse with the same kind of stitching and stuff and got it on sale for 200 dollars but then shoved the price tag in my face that said 1200 dollars. She loves showing off things to me like her purses and clothes as if I care. I don't even wear purses.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

14,075 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
Berreh
quayla666

Yeah I think they are too. She tries to make herself seem really smart and stuff how she never does homework but gets a+'s on tests. Yet she failed the same math class twice and I passed. She loves showing off. I got a really nice wallet from an uncle and so she looked up the price and the wallet and then was like oh well i want a purse like that and found a purse with the same kind of stitching and stuff and got it on sale for 200 dollars but then shoved the price tag in my face that said 1200 dollars. She loves showing off things to me like her purses and clothes as if I care. I don't even wear purses.
Ah, super low self esteem then. She has to validate her worth by showing off everything, and anything, she can. She knows that she isn't hot s**t, but tries to come off like she is. I know many people like that. To be honest, you are better off just cutting her a** out of your life.. She will never change, and just get offended if you say anything.
Berreh
Chicken Zombie
I don't get jealous I get annoyed. I'm not thinking why don't guys like me. I just think that she thinks everyone likes her and shes such a mean person. She shows off with everything if I get something nice she has to one up me and it's just insanely annoying.

Ask her to stop, and if she doesn't, cut the friendship if it is too annoying.
quayla666
Berreh
quayla666

Ah, super low self esteem then. She has to validate her worth by showing off everything, and anything, she can. She knows that she isn't hot s**t, but tries to come off like she is. I know many people like that. To be honest, you are better off just cutting her a** out of your life.. She will never change, and just get offended if you say anything.

I just realized your username and that you're on my friendslist. Hey.Hah.
But yeah I've actually been slowly cutting her out of my life. Not responding to much. Not telling her much. She always attracts drama too. Like everything is a big deal. All of her college professors suck apparently. I've had a few not so great ones, but I don't complain that it's their fault and not mine. I suck it up and do the work instead of complaining and failing. Yeah she always seems like she's hot s**t. She gives this attitude that shes a b***h and has a b***h face too. I've had people asking me if shes as mean as she looks.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff