Welcome to Gaia! ::

I was friends with someone for over fifteen years but due to an incident that happened two years ago I want nothing to do with her. She hurt me badly and I refuse to forgive her because she won't admit to what she did. I talked to her about it and she won't admit to it. I tried to break it off over a year ago but that didn't work. She acted like she was the victim and the one who was hurting the most. I fell for it because after being friends for so long it was easy to fall for it. I want to be friends with her but I can't. She causing me a lot of grief and I want to move on. We barely talk now because she's away from college and I never know when she's home because she never calls me. She still claims I'm her best friend but she doesn't show it. So...

What can I say to her without her acting up?

Dangerous Reveler

7,050 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
Don't say anything to her. Just cut off communication with her entirely. Don't answer if she calls, delete her from Facebook and Myspace, and just don't respond to her. She'll give up and go away.
You should just tell her straight up. If she takes it the wrong way, who cares how she feels.She only pully that feel sry 4 me bullshit again. Just 4get her.
Tell her the truth, and walk away.

If she is...

a) your best friend, you may be alone for a while.
b) a regular friend and you have more, start hanging out with someone else.
turbid blue
Don't say anything to her. Just cut off communication with her entirely. Don't answer if she calls, delete her from Facebook and Myspace, and just don't respond to her. She'll give up and go away.

I haven't talked to her since March on my birthday. Her birthday is coming up soon and I feel like I have to call her but I don't want to. And... I don't have facebook or myspace. She also doesn't know about this account. So I'll just not call her, right? I just need not to feel like I have to. >.<

Familiar Citizen

Karura
I haven't talked to her since March on my birthday. Her birthday is coming up soon and I feel like I have to call her but I don't want to. And... I don't have facebook or myspace. She also doesn't know about this account. So I'll just not call her, right? I just need not to feel like I have to. >.<
You don't really owe her anything. If you don't want to be friends anymore and you have told her why and were honest that's it. If you don't want to talk to her you don't have to, you shouldn't be burdened by some sense of obligation to someone you do not wish to associate with anymore.

If you can't work things out, and don't want to be around her anymore, there is no reason to go out of your way to try to talk to her or be around her.

Dangerous Reveler

7,050 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
[Karura]
turbid blue

Then don't do it. If you feel like she doesn't deserve it, you're under no obligation to call her. You've already explained to her what went on: she doesn't need anything else from you.
Thanks for the responses... I know that's a problem of mine. That I feel an obligation to her. But I won't call her. Not like I have called her lately. Last time I did was on her birthday last year but I did see her over the summer. Which I think was the last time I saw her. Huh. I just need to tell myself to let go.
You say "I don't want to be friends anymore".

Aged Fatcat

6,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
tell them you hate them.

4,350 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
You could just ignore her completely or just move?
Another option is just telling her straight up we're done?
turbid blue

this is childish, and she wont know what she did

I think you're best bet is to tell her you want to be friends, but through recent events, you just cant associate with her anymore.

its better than what my "friend" did =/

she txt'd me one day and goes "Just incase you didnt get the sooper obvious hint, we're done. just thought Id let you know"

we hadnt talked for like 2 weeks before that txt and I was like WTF?! and replied "ok"

nothing more nothing less

people grow apart...

though I'll let you know... if she says your her best friend, its going to hurt her a lot and shes going to be really confused...

even if she puts up a fake front, she'll be hurt =/
turbid blue

I think confronting the person is better mpo. At least that way they know why. After that then delete her from your other sites.
tell her straight away that u don't
wanna be friends any more

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas