Welcome to Gaia! ::

That I'm bi-sexual. I actualley just came out a few days ago, and it was pretty hard. I kept worrying everyone would think I'm a freak. Actualley, my friends were very supportive. I'm very lucky to have them.

No there's one thing that's bugging me. Should I tell my mother? Or just leave it be? I mean she's really stressed out lately and I don't want to add more stress.

450 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Well, you don't have a problem announcing it in your signature on a public forum, neh?

You don't have to tell her...unless you want to date her.
Actually, I know a lot of people who are bi-sexual.
But I think you should tell you mom. Just have her sit down and calmly explain to her/state it to her. Maybe add in before a "Mom, there's something I've been wanting to tell you, so please just listen for a moment. I need your support." Or something like that.
She might be a little startled/surprised, but I think it's better that she find out sooner rather than later. Otherwise she might take it as you trying to hide something from her.
Sorry, I can't be of much help as I've never been in this situation/known anyone in this situation, but good luck!

Dapper Consumer

First comment (i love your signature.)

Lol. Actually, I used to be lesbian, until I met my boyfriend. (that's how good he is lol) But when I was on and off with girls, it started in middle school. I wouldn't tell my mom because I still wanted to have sleepovers. And that was pretty much of me expiermenting, i guess you could call it. And then I actually fell in love with this other girl, god I miss her, and so she'd come over my house all the time. So, one day my mom walked in on me and her making out, and I never actually had sex or anything deep with her because I lvoed her and I didn't want to waist all of that. Anyways, I guess my mom found out the hard way, and we had a huge talk.
Just make sure that you're Bi before you address it to your mom. Because once you talk it up, your mom will be a bit more causious and things will start giong down. Also, It's getting to be a trend with the Bi girls. (society these days) But just, please, before you hurt any girls taht are serious, make sure you LOVE them. I've gotten hurt by many because they were just "playing around" and weren't really Bi. There's a limit to the sexuality. If you want to find out, or want to address this topic a bit more deeply, feel free to pm me and I'll be glad to talk about it with you.
First I think it'd be best to not stack stresses on her, for now you shouldn't tell her.

What is her opinion on bisexuals? Try and find that out first. If you find out she really disapproves of them, maybe you should reconsider your choice. Otherwise there is... a chance of being disowned.

I'm sorry, I'm trying to imagine what would happen if I told my parents. It's a really hard topic...

Dapper Consumer

Light As Aer[ith]
Actually, I know a lot of people who are bi-sexual.
But I think you should tell you mom. Just have her sit down and calmly explain to her/state it to her. Maybe add in before a "Mom, there's something I've been wanting to tell you, so please just listen for a moment. I need your support." Or something like that.
She might be a little startled/surprised, but I think it's better that she find out sooner rather than later. Otherwise she might take it as you trying to hide something from her.
Sorry, I can't be of much help as I've never been in this situation/known anyone in this situation, but good luck!

OK, this is actually good. Because if you tell her in those words that you need her support and she needs to listen, then she'll think your pregnante. And then when you break the news to her, then it'll be a whole lot easier. Lmao! But seriously, it'll help!
sometime mothers know more then you think she could all raedy know just tell her when you think its the righ time.
My mom sent me to a gay camp when I came out. I say if your mom's a christian, it isn't worth it. I have to pretend I'm conformed and straight around her. Save yourself the heartache.
Thankyou to everyone.

@20 shades: Nope I'm not afraid to annonce it on gaia. All my friends know. Plus, mother could never find this.
@[~I~hopexyouxget~: Thankyou. blaugh
You make a good point. And I've been in love with a girl before.
And thankyou again, I will PM you sometime.
@Twilmer: Er...she is christian and she hates gay people. I tried to tell her once and she was like "You're not going leisbian on me are you? And was like 'Don't look at me!'" and she started laughing. That's why I'm so heisitant on telling her....
Since your mom you said is "Christian and hates gay people" then wait a while until you tell her, especially if she's real stressed out. And when you do tell her, tell her in a calming manner and explain to her how you feel.

When I told my mom that I'm bisexual, she spazzed out. It shocked me because she's always been the tolerant type but when I told her she brought up her Catholic upbringing. She's OK with it now, kinda, but she doesn't try to tell me how to live my life and respects my decision.
Tell her. If she really loves you than she won't care.
Yeah, my mom stopped loving me. She finally admitted to me that she was wrong a few years later, but if she knew I was still bi...bleh. Mine threatened to disown me as well. I say just don't tell her for the moment. ^^;
Just sit her down and say that you want to talk. Tell her that if its a very serious thing, and if she loves you, she will try to understand and accept it.
There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with being bi, or gay, or lesbian. She should learn to accept that, and if she can't, then tough. It's your own choice.
well u said ur mom is stressed and dont like gays so i say dont tell her unless u need 2, if u start dating someone of the same sex then tell her but if u dont then she wont need 2 no moms seem 2 get hurt about simple things. i vote dont tell her yet u could try telling ur dad if he is the type to understand and keep seekrets might work better that way

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff