Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Noob

650 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
I know it sounds like a d**k thing, but our other roommate and a "friend" asked about throwing something for our other roommate 'a birthday and basically expect me to go. I guess me and this roommate were really close at one point but this roommate was the one to distance from me when I was going through a hard time and now they trying to be all close again now that I'm fine. Like no I'm never going to pretend like it's the same. Also I don't really like celebrating on weekdays but everyone is busy over the weekend. Plus I have a lot of work to do over the weekend. Plus I really hate the roomates friend that wanted to go in the first place. Plus on my birday no one bothered to throw something for me ... I mean I. Guess the roommates whose birthday it is called since they were busy and said happy birthday and the othe roommate came but I threw my own party.

I mean honestly I just don't want to go. I don't really feel close to this person anymore, and I don't like one of the people that will be there. No one made me a priority when I was going through a breakup, I have a huge professional exam id rather be studying for, and I'm not sacrificing anything to be there for a friend who didn't sacrifice s**t for me when I needed them. How do I get out or this? I honestly tried coming up with excuses to the other roomate but I seemed like a major d**k and I got lectured for being a d**k who won't even sacrifice two hours of my day for a friends. Plus I mean it's going to be at our place so I can't really get out of not running into them. I really don't want to go, I feel like I'm going to look really really bad either way. How do I get out of this?

Albertross's Wife

Feral Shapeshifter

11,900 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
i think it's fine if you don't go, but it seems like it would be wise for you to come up with some reason to be away from your place while they are there, otherwise they will probably be very offended.

school, work, or a necessary prior engagement you had with somebody else are all fine excuses for you not to be there, i think.
Stop being a little b***h and go. It isnt about being close so much as being respectful, and if you already on iffy terms, dipping from a bday will be noticed. You live together too, so unles you are going to avoid your place for a night deal.

It isnt like going will make you besties with someone, it just makes you not a d**k.

Unsealed Spirit

if you dont want to go, tell them. usually people will understand, and if you arent brave enough, i vote you go with faking explosive diarrhea, its gross, but its not like anyones going to ask for proof either

Interesting Businesswoman

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
If you don't want to go say so. Explain you have a lot of work to do. If you don't like them then why do you care what they think about you? I know you live with them, but that doesn't mean you have to be best buds.
If you don't want to go, then don't. I mean, who really cares? Sure it will be a d**k move, but don't feel obligated to do something you don't want to.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff