Welcome to Gaia! ::

I like this guy. I am 14 and he is 17. He's really nice and we have tons in common, only one problem...I met him on the internet and I have never met him before. I have seen pictures of him though!!! So...yeah, tell me what you think. heart 3nodding biggrin xd
I think you're in for a big suprise, and by big I mean an extra hundred pounds and thrity years.
Monkey-Pie
I like this guy. I am 14 and he is 17. He's really nice and we have tons in common, only one problem...I met him on the internet and I have never met him before. I have seen pictures of him though!!! So...yeah, tell me what you think. heart 3nodding biggrin xd

go to meet him and get to know each other if u really like him.

does he lives far away?
I think this may end badly
I dunno, just don't agree to go and meet him anywhere or give out any personal info and you should be fine.
I personally don't like having relationships online. It's pretty scary once you think about it. They could be lying about their age and gender....
I think you should have a relationship with him if you really like him. When you go to meet him bring some friends though, he could be a rapist.
Monkey-Pie
NO. You've seen pictures of someone. Doesn't mean it's him. He could be an axe murderer for all you know. He's probably some old guy trying to take advantage of you.
wildidler
Monkey-Pie

does he lives far away?

I wouldn't recommend it. That's how rape happens. But you never know. He could be really nice. Just stick with it if you want to. But make sure it stays online or if you are going to meet him have him come to your house when your parents are home.
Blackwave
I think you should have a relationship with him if you really like him. When you go to meet him bring some friends though, he could be a rapist.

agree. better be a male friend who is strong enough

6,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Be careful...Be very VERY careful.
Monkey-Pie

he could be a stalker
don't always trustb the people you met on the net. he could be lying about his age and lots of other stuff too. keep chatting to him, and when you feel like you can trust him, go for it.
Dyista
wildidler
Monkey-Pie

does he lives far away?

I wouldn't recommend it. That's how rape happens. But you never know. He could be really nice. Just stick with it if you want to. But make sure it stays online or if you are going to meet him have him come to your house when your parents are home.
I think the safer route, in addition to that, would be to meet at a mall with your parents along. You don't want him to know where your house is before you meet him. I don't think you should go for this relationship though, he is so much older that he will rush you into things. Then again, he may have lied about his age and used pictures of someone else. Relationships online are really scary things if you think about it. It's so easy to lie over the internet and some people like to play mind games with you by way of it. He may have lied about everything and just liked your reaction, he may not even like you. He might just want sex from you or even worse, force you into it. It's your choice, but keep all this in mind.
Well...There are two ways to look at this the immature paranoid way which is
"OMG! Girl, run! he's probably a 50 year old perverted old man who wants to rape you! End it right now!!"
oor...The sensible way
"Don't meet with him right away, talk to him for a year or so first...develop ways of talking to eachother without seeing eachother, like phone. Talk to your mom about this and make it clear, also see if your mom could talk to his mom. Wait for a while to see if this relationship is really going somwhere and then talk to your parents about all of meeting eachother..and definately go meet him with a friend or a parent, just for precautions"

My boyfriend and I have been together for 4.5 years, known eachother for 6, and we met over the net. We've met IRL 11+ times...safely. It's not as uncommon now as it was five years ago. A lot of people have turned to the net for acceptance...so I'd say try to find more stuff out before doing something rash, but definately don't trash it because people are still paranoid and living in the 90's.

if you ever need help with something like this PM me...I've been through that well enough, and I know the tricks and trades of net dating.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff