Welcome to Gaia! ::

WickedJoker
trose
I think you should try and keep the relationship. Make sure that you motivate him, and praise him when he does well in school, because it will make him work harder. Most people who slack off, but try and change their ways do need the praise for it.

You can make sure you keep in touch through phone calls, and email, and online and what not. But tell him that if he truly cares enough about you he will make sure he does everything he can to get those grades up so he can come back home to you.

Yeah I always try to praise him... he got his grades up at one point last year when I helped him but then I figured he could do it on his own now so I stopped helping. His grades went DOWN. I cant help him forever..

And you can't be there, because he will be away from you. If he is struggling that much with it, tell him to find himself a tutor, or someone who can set him up with good study habits. Usually that kind of thing works. We had to do that with my younger brother while he was still in school because he had ADHD.

And if he has a hard time focusing on tests, or in class, tell him to suck on mints. It is proven that peppermint helps stimulate the brain.
trose
WickedJoker
trose
I think you should try and keep the relationship. Make sure that you motivate him, and praise him when he does well in school, because it will make him work harder. Most people who slack off, but try and change their ways do need the praise for it.

You can make sure you keep in touch through phone calls, and email, and online and what not. But tell him that if he truly cares enough about you he will make sure he does everything he can to get those grades up so he can come back home to you.

Yeah I always try to praise him... he got his grades up at one point last year when I helped him but then I figured he could do it on his own now so I stopped helping. His grades went DOWN. I cant help him forever..

And you can't be there, because he will be away from you. If he is struggling that much with it, tell him to find himself a tutor, or someone who can set him up with good study habits. Usually that kind of thing works. We had to do that with my younger brother while he was still in school because he had ADHD.

And if he has a hard time focusing on tests, or in class, tell him to suck on mints. It is proven that peppermint helps stimulate the brain.

Ooo thank you so much!! I just want him to do well. Even if he dosent come back here, I want him to have good grades.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff