Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Shoujo

8,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Timid 100
I'm so sorry to ask.

I just, I'm curious. I have this fear that calling one would make things *worse*. Kind of like how I think is someone were to try and talk me out of, say, jumping, I'd be very likely to jump anyway out of pure spite.

I don't want to go into any details on the why. I just would like an idea if talking to one of those would help or not.
It wont make it worse. It isnt something I have experienced, but I know that peopel who work that job are trained in talking to people and empathizing.

So taking that example, if you said you were going to jump, they wouldnt say dont jump but more ask you to talk about why you feel the need to jump, anmd gently steer the convo to be about what you can do isntead.
It won't make it worse. I haven't called, but I've taken suicide intervention training and I have a friend who worked for a crisis line for years. Everyone on a call line like that has to take similar intervention training and go through other intensive screening processes before they take on real calls. They're all really nice people who want to make a meaningful difference in the lives of others - many of them student volunteers studying medicine, psychology, social services, or related fields. Think of them as mental health paramedics or something like that. They'll listen to you for as long as you want and they will not judge. They won't tell you what to do, but they'll try to help you think of a plan to get out of that dark hole. Plus it's totally anonymous.

Feel free to message me.

Demonic Spirit

13,625 Points
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
what you need to do is understand them and why do they need to die just for a useless thing. there a lot in this world they dont do yet. console them with what they want and try to put some effort on it.
yes and it was a waste of time, they didn't help me, they were distant and the conversation was superficially "helpful" and "loving" but there was no connection, we talked and he gave advice but we never got to the core of the real problem. crisis hotlines save lives but they aren't therapists. sometimes when you're in a crisis of course you want to call a professional of some sort but its also good to talk to a close friend or family member, a stranger over the phone can't really help you as far as anything other than hurting yourself goes

Rainbow Lover

I've been helped by suicide hotlines many times. They deescalated me pretty efficiently when I was in crisis. I say always have a number for one in your phone at all times, it could save your life.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff