Welcome to Gaia! ::

I need to post this somewhere. I'm getting rather worried, rather scared.

My fiancee went to the hospital about .. four hours ago. Last I heard from him he was about five minutes from being there. One of his friends was going to call me when things got figured out.

I know what's wrong .. it's a fistulla, a hole in his intestine and he's been in constant pain for a while now. I don't know what they'll do to him. He's been through so many surgeries already due to the fact that he has Krohn's.

Anyone with hospital exprience, any idea how long this should take before I get a reply?
Sorry, I can't say I have hospitol expierence past the death of a grandmother and moms stiches. But All I can say is that these hospital things take FOREVER. I give myself at least a night for them to figure thier s**t out, and then wait for the call. If you're on the edge of your seat, with adrenealine and fear ripping you apart, you can call the hospital the next morning and ask them about him.

sorry, i'm not much help. But I hope it turns out okay.
I'll definitely be calling tomorrow morning. Hope I don't have to wait quite that long.

I think it will be alright. I mean, I'm not afraid of him dying. Just worried that they're going to do surgery again. I want to be there but it's just not possible. I have classes that need to be attended to, much as I wish otherwise and college is just too far away.

I knew what I was getting into when I became engaged to him, knew the risks but it's still scary, you know?
i've been in the hospital to quite a few times when i was younger, it is usually ok but better when u get to go home 3nodding
Are you a guy or a girl?
My sis has Crohn's, it sucks! Fistulas are serious business (sorry to worry you!) But he can be treated. Unfortunately, Crohn's is incurable and will eventually start to do that to your intestines - my sis only keeps hers at bay with steroid therapy. Has he talked to his doc about that or been through it yet? It can make the Crohn's a lot more tolerable. It might take a few hours to hear back, but don't stress. He will be fine. wink
Mablefox
My sis has Crohn's, it sucks! Fistulas are serious business (sorry to worry you!) But he can be treated. Unfortunately, Crohn's is incurable and will eventually start to do that to your intestines - my sis only keeps hers at bay with steroid therapy. Has he talked to his doc about that or been through it yet? It can make the Crohn's a lot more tolerable. It might take a few hours to hear back, but don't stress. He will be fine. wink

He's had Crohn's for ... about seventeen years now. He got it when he was still a child so he's been through just about every therapy known to man and most of the experimental ones. He's also been taken apart and sewn back together more times than I can count.

So far no one's been able to keep it under control, despite their best efforts.

It hurts so much to see him in pain but there's so little I can do.

Got word back on what is going on at last. It's an infection, so he's at the hospital for a while now.

Fairygal91 : female. This is my mule account, which I tend to use when I have troubles that I want to talk about, because I am not comfortable coming on and looking for help under my main one.
My prayers go out to you, I hope everything works out and he turns out to be Ok.
First off, what's Crohns? I have no clue what it is, therefore I can't really help you on making yourself feel better. I'd consider calling now just to see how he's doing and what the doctors are doing (Doctors take such a long time - not kidding.) to help him. This might speed up the process if you pressure them to take a look. :\

Just don't feel too stressed about it - it'll make everything worse.
One of his friends just called me. Sounds like he's pretty out of it. The quote ran something along the lines of the fact that he's on so many medications that it sounds as if he's drunk. Which means that despite his protests they probably put him on painkillers. (Considering that he cannot drink alcohol, and therefore has never been drunk that is a statement)

Crohns is .. well I know what it does more than really what it is. It's something in the blood which wreaks havoc on the digestive system. It causes all sorts of digestive problems and can have some pretty serious effects. My fiancee has had a lot of damage to his intestines, and has had over 30 surgeries since he was first diagnosed. Also nearly died more than once. He brags about his scars.

Sometimes he's pretty seriously ill, as in not able to keep down food at all and he's dealt with some pretty serious pain as a result.

I know it is manageable, but I don't think his has ever been managed and I'm beginning to think this might be our future, trips into and out of the emergency room every year or so, which is terribly sad. It's not that I'd ever leave him but .. it's so wierd being in this position. He's the one who hurts the most but it hurts me too and I have no idea what my place is sometimes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff