Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you agree with my arguments against the quotes I have posted?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on July 19, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 >

Quote:
I am fourteen years old.

that makes so much sense

teens always do that... i have heard these "problems" all of the time

how about you tell us the problem at hand?
Contemplating suicide is a perfectly normal response to feelings of hopelessness and despair.

Actually committing suicide is not.

As long as you're not 40 years old, bald, living in your parents' basement, and single, you still have hope. Whatever is bothering you *will* pass. I've had such thoughts myself, still do from time to time. The important thing is to realize that suicide is a permanant (and very poor) solution to what is ultimately a temporary problem.
have you ever met anyone who has been institutionalized for either attemtping or potentially attempting suicide? most of the people ive talked got over what they were feeling within a year. you cant be depressed all your life unless it's a medical thing. if oyu want to get over any emotional pain, you gotta work at it. try not to wallow in self-pitty.

VivaceVivian's Husband

The reason I've always used for myself was that it'd make too many people happy.
It might sound harsh but to me suicide is the easy way out. It means you are giving up on life, and are not willing to try and make it better. Also, do not start about how bad you have it, i do feel sympathy for you, but not for people that just give in, and give up. I went through 7 years of war among many other things. So i do know how it is. I would rather die trying to achieve waht i want, then die without ever giving it a shot.
You should not commit suicide because you will go to hell shortly after.. well, at least that is why I have not done it yet.. whatever you are going through now, hell is worse.
Roronoa Zoro

And that's the reason I can never attain what I truly want. I will become an adult. I never had the childhood I wish I had. As far as I know, because of my memory problem, I never had a childhood.

You said that every day it gets a little easier, but for me it gets a little harder because time passes by. I have no control over anything.

how many people do you think had a perfect child hood? you're not the only one who didn't get what they wished for. and would you mind telling me WHY you 'deserve the pain'?
Yawn, suicide is boring. You either commit it, or you don't. If you have to post on a forum asking why you should live, you're sort of past that point anyway, aren;t you?

You're ******** 14. It's a phase. You'll get over it. You can contemplate it all you want, but you'll never pull the trigger or jump off that roof -- because you really don't want to kill yourself. You contemplate ending it all because you have some stupid assed reason for being sad.

Depression happens. Bad stuff happens. Unless you're being a**-raped by giant burly men while singing the Star Spangled Banner, I don't think you have a reason to commit suicide.
Quote:
Depression happens. Bad stuff happens. Unless you're being a**-raped by giant burly men while singing the Star Spangled Banner, I don't think you have a reason to commit suicide.

That's more of a reason to get a shotgun, a shovel, and and some gloves.

xd
Diresu
Quote:

That's more of a reason to get a shotgun, a shovel, and and some gloves.

xd

lolololol. Sort of like in Pulp Fiction.
you nevr know what's round the corner. stuff might be shitty now but come next month you might be majorly glad that you're still here, anyway, don't you want to see what happens to you and the world around you in the future? plus there's the whole someone finding your body and being mentally scarred for the rest of their life.
Reasons to Not Commit Suicide

1. all of your family and friends that would go through hell without you
2. love
3. chocolate
4. graduating from high school and leaving your parents
5. surviving when no one has faith in you
6. understanding something for the first time
7. being known for someone strong enough to stick in there and live
8. receiving an A in your favorite class
9. tickling
10. music
11. Suicide is final – once its done, theres no changing your mind. Since you have even the slightest of doubts, you owe it to yourself to stay alive.
12. You can always kill yourself later, why not wait? Even if you wait just one day, you may find a reason not to kill yourself in the meantime
13. Just because youre feeling suicidal doesnt mean you have to act on that feeling
14. Consider this – if you’re trying to escape from the pain you are in and seek relief, suicide is not the answer. You cannot feel relief, or anything else for that matter, if you are dead. You must stay alive in order to feel the relief you seek
15. we create our own future. You have the power to create whatever future you wish for yourself. But you need to be alive in order to have that future.
16. If you’re sensitive enough to be in so much pain that you no longer want to live, you’re probably sensitive enough to care about, and want to help others. Maybe you don’t feel like helping anyone else right now, but why not help yourself? And perhaps by not killing yourself and overcoming your difficulties you can later help someone else who is in a similar situation.
17. You never know what or who may come into your life unexpectedly and make everything incredible so no matter how bad things are it's definitely worth sticking around to see what happens.
18. Knowing that one day you will, indeed, die and it will be from now cause of your own.
19. Any future memories
20. The good times
21. It's taking the easy way out, cheating if you will.
22. perhaps you think that dieing will get rid of all emotional/physical pain. it is true, but all that pain is being transfered to those that care very deeply about you.
23. the best revenge is living well.
24. some bad things will stay with you forever...but you can cope. it may seem impossible right now, but it will get better...you are at the bottom of a hole right now...and you must stop digging. soon u will enter the earth's core and you won't be able to sink any lower. if u are already at that point, then things can only get better.
25. suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem
26. You kill yourself...Who is winning? Not you...But all of the people who dislike you. They are winning...Would you want them to win? No... I would rather them suffer with me being here
27. your first child
28. sex and kisses – you’re still young...still have a hell of a lot more experimenting yet...
29. the pain is way too harsh...
30. life is so precious, you only get one chance
31. You shouldn't commit suicide because I SAID SO
32. The Beach
33. Who wants to miss the light at the end of the tunnel?
34. once u kill urself, there is no turning back
35. hugs
36. Dew in the mornings
37. A little kittens mew
38. A puppys wet tongue
39. Looking at the vast ocean
40. finishing a good book or movie
41. it is cowardly to run away from all ur problems ...
42. Suicide isn't an escape from life. It's an opening to hell...
43. why would you want to kill yourself in such a miserable state? I wouldnt want to die like that. Id rather die happy
44. Fulfilling your dreams
45. bright, sunny days with white, fluffy clouds
46. warm clothes coming out fresh from the dryer
47. a nice, warm shower
48. getting that warm, fuzzy feeling
49. waking up from a nice long nap
WeddingNails
have you ever met anyone who has been institutionalized for either attemtping or potentially attempting suicide? most of the people ive talked got over what they were feeling within a year. you cant be depressed all your life unless it's a medical thing. if oyu want to get over any emotional pain, you gotta work at it. try not to wallow in self-pitty.

i've thought of suicide for the past 3 and a half years...don't go telling ppl it goes away, cuz it never fully goes away stare ...it comes back at times....and it's not always preventable...i've been in hospitals, i've attempted...
the world is stupid...
I was suicidal for many years and I always thought the same way you do. I thought that it was selfish for people to want me to live because it hurt so bad. I was wrong. Life can sometimes be bad, and seem like it will never be good again and sometimes life hurts more than it seems worth but it's not. Life is generally good. Sometimes things go wrong but nothing is perfect. I promise you things will get better even though it probably doesn't seem like it now. When you feel depressed just try to take a step back, calm down and breathe...the world is a good place and it is full of good people. People who love you. You are surrounded by people who care about you and even though you might not want to admit it they know what's better for you than you do. If you are suicidal you are sick and there are ways to get better. You need to talk to someone and find a way to get help. I know that it is hard to admit that you have a problem but you do. Please find help...and please keep in contact with me. I hope this helped.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff