Updated the OP.

I probably won't be on for long come tomorrow

Sparkly Vampire

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
Keltoi Samurai
EDIT: The abuse turned physical tonight. I was in the hospital from 7 to 2 tonight, my legs aren't working right, and am waiting to see if my left eye is permanently damaged or not.

She became enraged because of a discussion earlier about whether or not we should have kids ( she wants 'em, I don't ).

She was taken to the police officer's station to make a statement ( she told them flat out, in front of witnesses that she beat me ), while I was taken to the hospital by ambulance and told by one responding officer that they will be seeking a warrant for my arrest ( the only reason I wasn't carted directly to jail was because my injuries aggravated my herniated disc, leading to me not being able to even stand up.

Justice, in this case, means that I will be charged with Gods know what ( they seemed to be hinting that I was somehow "provoking domestic violence," but I don't think that's a real chaarge ) after having spent several hours in the hospital being mocked openly by doctors, nurses and EMTs for being beaten up by my girlfriend.

OMG poor OP, get a good lawyer. ******** sexist EMTs and cops.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Lilith_Lilium
Keltoi Samurai
EDIT: The abuse turned physical tonight. I was in the hospital from 7 to 2 tonight, my legs aren't working right, and am waiting to see if my left eye is permanently damaged or not.

She became enraged because of a discussion earlier about whether or not we should have kids ( she wants 'em, I don't ).

She was taken to the police officer's station to make a statement ( she told them flat out, in front of witnesses that she beat me ), while I was taken to the hospital by ambulance and told by one responding officer that they will be seeking a warrant for my arrest ( the only reason I wasn't carted directly to jail was because my injuries aggravated my herniated disc, leading to me not being able to even stand up.

Justice, in this case, means that I will be charged with Gods know what ( they seemed to be hinting that I was somehow "provoking domestic violence," but I don't think that's a real chaarge ) after having spent several hours in the hospital being mocked openly by doctors, nurses and EMTs for being beaten up by my girlfriend.

It's actually not sexism if it's negatively impacting a man.

Sparkly Vampire

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
Keltoi Samurai
Lilith_Lilium
Keltoi Samurai

Yes it is OP, what they're saying and charging you with would never fly if the genders were reversed. It's a horrible double standard

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Lilith_Lilium
Keltoi Samurai
Lilith_Lilium
Keltoi Samurai

Yes it is OP, what they're saying and charging you with would never fly if the genders were reversed. It's a horrible double standard

If the sexes were reversed, there'd be a societal power thing going on. I don't fully comprehend it, myself, but I've grown up with that drilled into my head that it's just different when a woman is the aggressor.

It may be shitty, but I'm paying for the sins of my sex, plain and simple.

Sparkly Vampire

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
Keltoi Samurai

If the sexes were reversed, there'd be a societal power thing going on. I don't fully comprehend it, myself, but I've grown up with that drilled into my head that it's just different when a woman is the aggressor.

Please fight against these charges OP for the sake of yourself and all the other guys who get abused by their girlfriends. Know that it is just as bad for a man to physically abuse a woman, it's just as horrible with the privilege women have to get away with this s**t.

The lack of physical evidence of anything she could accuse you of will be your main defense.

Fashionable Werewolf

get her out of there before she ends up doing worse to you. She sounds unstable, just... wow, no. I fear that even if you kick her out, she may be stalkerish? Definitely try to go for a restraining order since she admitted to assaulting you!

Cunning Lunatic

legnanellaf5
Men can be gaslighted, for sure. It is just more common in the reverse because of how thing are.

Now I dont know if the cat is really anything? she says she cant smell, it, and you got the cat fixed yourself. So...what are you implying? That the other cat isnt fixed? I dont really know how she can create the smell on her own.

I dont know if it is strictly gaslighting either, she seems to be trying to mold you into a human that she wants. Since the main part of gaslighting is that you doubt your perception, this seems to be mroe than that? She wants a set up where she gets things from you money wise without the work, change your body (like hair) to suit her, and things that alone is abusive. Trying to isolate you from your friends is a common abuse tactic. comparing you to her exes to make you feel bad is abusive.

Kick her out asap/

In regards to the last

He said that he does feel like he's going crazy and doubts some of his perceptions, so I'd argue that it is. And women are stereotyped as manipulative so gas lighting by them is hardly out of the question.

She's crazy. Gtfo

Enthusiast

Keltoi Samurai

I'm so sorry you're experiencing such abuse from your partner, and disrespect from the people who are suppose to help you. If you're really, really 130% serious about ending this relationship and moving on with your life, call the helpline number below:

1-800-799-7233
Men Can Be Victims of Abuse, Too
They will understand, help you feel better, and give you advice on what to do next.

Lonely Smoker

20,115 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Millionaire 200
I don't really have much advice for you OP, but I wanted to throw in my two cents.

What she did was very wrong and you were definitely being gaslit. She purposefully hid and moved your stuff and then denied it, attempting to make you doubt yourself.

I would also like to say that the way you were treated when you made your report was awful, they should not have said these things to you, and is actually another form of gaslighting itself. being told that you deserved it, or provoked it in some way (which is bullshit) is attempting to make you feel invalidated or make you doubt yourself on what really happened. Being beaten up by a woman is no laughing matter, and should be taken very seriously, those doctors and nurses are horrible people and should be ashamed.

You are not at fault here, and you deserve to be treated with respect and kindness. I would suggest you call up a domestic violence centre that deals specifically with men, they will have experience in helping you and can provide you with resources and help.

Good luck OP, stay safe. heart

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Keltoi Samurai

Keltoi Samurai

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Actually, you won't.

The key here is "probable cause". If you did nothing to provoke, they can't charge you for provocation (though I'm with you; I don't think that is actually a charge).

Though more details are needed to ensure innocence. Shoot me a PM.

Devoted Pirate

Keltoi Samurai

You get a lawyer, you fight the c**t in a court of law. I refuse to let abusers get away with their shitty, abusive behavior just because she has a t**t.

You aren't paying for your sins, you are being steamrolled by and abusive c**t who needs to be in prison. You have the power to put her there. Insane, rabid, bitches like her, need to be in cages.

Golden Astronomer

11,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Is there even a question here?

Kick her crazy a** to the curb!
Blackrose_Knight
Keltoi Samurai

You get a lawyer, you fight the c**t in a court of law. I refuse to let abusers get away with their shitty, abusive behavior just because she has a t**t.

You aren't paying for your sins, you are being steamrolled by and abusive c**t who needs to be in prison. You have the power to put her there. Insane, rabid, bitches like her, need to be in cages.

Sadly, a judge would probably just put her in anger management classes if they even decide to charge her for assault and domestic abuse (considering they want to charge him with a most likely made-up crime, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't. The law officials were the OP lives sound shitty just on this account). I would be surprised that she would get the punishment she deserves.
OP, if you haven't already, break-up with her. I wish you the best of luck and that the prosecutors in your area don't have a stick up their a**.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
misheru105
Blackrose_Knight
Keltoi Samurai

Sadly, a judge would probably just put her in anger management classes if they even decide to charge her for assault and domestic abuse (considering they want to charge him with a most likely made-up crime, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't. The law officials were the OP lives sound shitty just on this account). I would be surprised that she would get the punishment she deserves.
OP, if you haven't already, break-up with her. I wish you the best of luck and that the prosecutors in your area don't have a stick up their a**.

My recent update covers that, actually.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces