Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Update 01/13/2015: A sheriff knocked on my door on Tuesday the 13th in order to hand me a summons. It seems that I've been subpoenaed to testify in court against my attacker . . . But the court date for her and myself are on the same day, at the same time, in front of the same judge. Her trial is before the same judge as mine, and both trials begin on the 20th at 9:45 AM. It seems that the goal here is that I cannot be compelled to take the stand as the accused, but if I'm a witness for the prosecution in a different trial that's just coincidentally happening concurrent to my own trial, in front of the same judge, with the same prosecutor and everything else, then they can do an end-run around that, and they can then compel me to testify ( and more importantly, do their damnedest to try and poke holes in my story ) under the guise of me being a witness in an "unrelated" case. Basically, from the looks of things, they've already decided I'm to be found guilty, and now they're just trying whatever underhanded tactic they can come up with to make sure I get put away, constitutionality be damned. I'm currently trying to google to see if this has ever been done before, and I'm finding nothing, but that could admittedly be because the search terms are rather unwieldy.

UPDATE 2 11/4/2014: My lawyer told me to file a Domestic Violence Petition so that she didn't try and take my home out from under me. I wound up going down to the Magistrate's office to do so, while on crutches from last night, and was told that I cannot file a DVP, because there was a warrant out for my arrest for Domestic Battery. She alleges in the police report that while she was beating me, I spit on her. I am currently out on bail and awaiting trial. The Magistrate and his assistant mocked me ( and due to me not knowing the allegations made against me at the time, their mocking made no sense until after I was released and allowed to read the report ) arresting officers made me walk the length of several city blocks while on crutches to the police officer's station for booking, then another block to where they could fingerprint me, all with one leg that still hasn't recovered enough to hold my weight ( it's mostly numb from the hip down. The other one hurts something fierce from the mid-back down to about the knee, but it'll at least hold me ), they tried to take my crutches, and one officer even threatened me with a knife while I was in custody.

That's not all they did, but I can't reveal everything just yet. I'll probably update again.

Update 11/4/2014: The abuse turned physical tonight. I was in the hospital from 7 to 2 tonight, my legs aren't working right, and am waiting to see if my left eye is permanently damaged or not.

She became enraged because of a discussion earlier about whether or not we should have kids ( she wants 'em, I don't ).

She was taken to the police officer's station to make a statement ( she told them flat out, in front of witnesses that she beat me ), while I was taken to the hospital by ambulance and told by one responding officer that they will be seeking a warrant for my arrest ( the only reason I wasn't carted directly to jail was because my injuries aggravated my herniated disc, leading to me not being able to even stand up.

Justice, in this case, means that I will be charged with Gods know what ( they seemed to be hinting that I was somehow "provoking domestic violence," but I don't think that's a real chaarge ) after having spent several hours in the hospital being mocked openly by doctors, nurses and EMTs for being beaten up by my girlfriend.

Ok, here's the deal. This woman moved in with me a few months ago. Probably our first discussion was when I showed her where I kept the bath towels and washcloths, she told me she didn't use washcloths.

Within a week, there was nary a washcloth in the house, and she claims she never saw one the whole time she's lived here.

So, later on, her un-neutered tomcat started developing a spraying problem. Except that she claims to have never smelled it. When I caught him in the act, she insisted it wasn't him. She agreed to have him fixed ( she said she wanted to anyways, just didn't have the money ) so I went and got it done, paid for it out of my own pocket, and all was good.

Except, not. Shirts I have washed time and time again keep coming up with that unmistakable Tom smell, despite the fact that her other two cats were a fixed male and a female ( I've read that a neutered cat can still spray, but it lacks the tom scent, smelling more like regular cat urine, like when a female sprays, and I've dealt with a spraying female before ). I'll wash it, dry it, it comes back clean, then it's tom scented again within a week.

The day after she told me she wished I'd grow my hair out, my clippers turned up missing. I had to replace them twice, then after I'd stopped shaving my head, she tells me that I don't have the hair like the kind of guy she goes for, and my original set turned up the next day when I got home from work, right where I'd always kept them.

More recently, the hand towels I use when shaving have taken to vanishing, as well as my aftershave and preshave solutions. One will vanish, then the next day it'll be right back where it was, and the other will be gone.

I've moved the litter pan several times so that it doesn't block all access to the bathroom sink, and each night I come home, it's right back where it was, keeping me from the bathroom sink, and she tells me it was always there, and that she didn't move it.

I've asked her multiple times if she'd be willing to help me clean up around the house, and she tells me that we had an arrangement where she wasn't expected to pay bills or clean up after herself. I don't remember making this arrangement with her at all.

Lately, she's been telling me I promised to pay off her car. I don't know when I did that, but I already pay for repairs and maintenance for it.

She tells me all about these conversations I don't remember having, tells me about how all my friends either hate me or her, then berates me because she doesn't have enough friends in the area, tells me it's always the man's job to make friends for the woman, and how I'm failing in my duties to her, she constantly ridicules my appearance, talking about all of her exes, and says it's normal for a woman to discuss her exes with her current, especially during sex . . . I feel like I'm losing my mind, here.

I keep reading about this whole "gaslighting" thing, and it describes the situation I'm in almost perfectly, except that the pronouns are always reversed, and every guy who asks if they're being gaslighted seems to be told that they're just misunderstanding the situation, and I really don't know if that's just more gaslighting, or if men just can't be gas . . . lit?

I don't even know why I'm typing this. Most of the ED forum on here calls me a troll, and I can't imagine I'll be taken any more seriously here, but I need to get this off my chest, and I don't have any friends anymore to discuss it with, ask their opinions.

Maybe I'm going crazy, or maybe I am being gaslit ( gaslighted?), but maybe I deserve it. I dunno anymore.

Angelic Friend

She sounds insane, creepy, and scary to me.
I think you should kick her out.
Men can be gaslighted, for sure. It is just more common in the reverse because of how thing are.

Now I dont know if the cat is really anything? she says she cant smell, it, and you got the cat fixed yourself. So...what are you implying? That the other cat isnt fixed? I dont really know how she can create the smell on her own.

I dont know if it is strictly gaslighting either, she seems to be trying to mold you into a human that she wants. Since the main part of gaslighting is that you doubt your perception, this seems to be mroe than that? She wants a set up where she gets things from you money wise without the work, change your body (like hair) to suit her, and things that alone is abusive. Trying to isolate you from your friends is a common abuse tactic. comparing you to her exes to make you feel bad is abusive.

Kick her out asap/

Questionable Prophet

How long did you know this girl before she moved in?

With the cat thing I understand her lying about it. My cat developed an inappropriate urination problem after getting neutered. He's over it (as far as we can tell), but when we were in the thick of it, I would just wash the clothes without saying anything and I would downplay it a lot.

Maybe the littler box placement helps with the peeeing.

I'd take him to the vet to get him checked out if it continues. Many cats have urinary tract issues. If he has stones or inflammation he can be associating the box with pain and refusing to use it.

The other cats may not be spayed/neutered or the vet may not have clipped him correctly. It's a rare mistake, but one more commonly made when the cat is an adult.
*can talk about cats all the day long*

You can always take pictures and present them to her as proof, but if you have to do that kind of stuff you should probably just break up.

Ruthless Leader

30,525 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Megathread 100
*waves hand* Everything here is normal. There is nothing wrong with what she's saying. *waves hand some more* You should be more attentive to her needs and not fuss so much about that kind lady. *waves hand vigorously* Marry this woman, she sounds like a keeper.

Enduring Associate

8,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Clambake 200
Romeigh
She sounds insane, creepy, and scary to me.
I think you should kick her out.

This. Nothing you have described is rational, appropriate adult behavior. This is on some ******** Hitchcock s**t, like she's going to make you into a life-size version of the person she's always wanted to date. She steals and lies, she doesn't respect your boundaries, and you have no reason to think you're especially safe around her. Get her out ASAP, and change the locks.

Lonely Poster

8,850 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cool Cat 500
Holy s**t chuck her out before she does rob you of your sanity and turns you into a gullible, compliant little Ken doll she's always wanted.

Witty Phantom

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Keltoi Samurai
Ok, here's the deal. This woman moved in with me a few months ago. Probably our first discussion was when I showed her where I kept the bath towels and washcloths, she told me she didn't use washcloths.

Within a week, there was nary a washcloth in the house, and she claims she never saw one the whole time she's lived here.

So, later on, her un-neutered tomcat started developing a spraying problem. Except that she claims to have never smelled it. When I caught him in the act, she insisted it wasn't him. She agreed to have him fixed ( she said she wanted to anyways, just didn't have the money ) so I went and got it done, paid for it out of my own pocket, and all was good.

Except, not. Shirts I have washed time and time again keep coming up with that unmistakable Tom smell, despite the fact that her other two cats were a fixed male and a female ( I've read that a neutered cat can still spray, but it lacks the tom scent, smelling more like regular cat urine, like when a female sprays, and I've dealt with a spraying female before ). I'll wash it, dry it, it comes back clean, then it's tom scented again within a week.

The day after she told me she wished I'd grow my hair out, my clippers turned up missing. I had to replace them twice, then after I'd stopped shaving my head, she tells me that I don't have the hair like the kind of guy she goes for, and my original set turned up the next day when I got home from work, right where I'd always kept them.

More recently, the hand towels I use when shaving have taken to vanishing, as well as my aftershave and preshave solutions. One will vanish, then the next day it'll be right back where it was, and the other will be gone.

I've moved the litter pan several times so that it doesn't block all access to the bathroom sink, and each night I come home, it's right back where it was, keeping me from the bathroom sink, and she tells me it was always there, and that she didn't move it.

I've asked her multiple times if she'd be willing to help me clean up around the house, and she tells me that we had an arrangement where she wasn't expected to pay bills or clean up after herself. I don't remember making this arrangement with her at all.

Lately, she's been telling me I promised to pay off her car. I don't know when I did that, but I already pay for repairs and maintenance for it.

She tells me all about these conversations I don't remember having, tells me about how all my friends either hate me or her, then berates me because she doesn't have enough friends in the area, tells me it's always the man's job to make friends for the woman, and how I'm failing in my duties to her, she constantly ridicules my appearance, talking about all of her exes, and says it's normal for a woman to discuss her exes with her current, especially during sex . . . I feel like I'm losing my mind, here.

I keep reading about this whole "gaslighting" thing, and it describes the situation I'm in almost perfectly, except that the pronouns are always reversed, and every guy who asks if they're being gaslighted seems to be told that they're just misunderstanding the situation, and I really don't know if that's just more gaslighting, or if men just can't be gas . . . lit?

I don't even know why I'm typing this. Most of the ED forum on here calls me a troll, and I can't imagine I'll be taken any more seriously here, but I need to get this off my chest, and I don't have any friends anymore to discuss it with, ask their opinions.

Maybe I'm going crazy, or maybe I am being gaslit ( gaslighted?), but maybe I deserve it. I dunno anymore.

It sounds like you're being gas lit. Always have s**t contractually written down on paper, and record conversations/evidence. If you have a phone that takes pics and records, start doing that. Like now

Angelic Streaker

10,050 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Partygoer 500
I'd say just to put your doubts to rest I'd set up a small video camera and record while you're not home. (Or take pictures like someone else suggested) then when she tries to pull her "I have no idea what you're talking about." s**t, throw the proof in her face and her stuff out on the lawn.

Enthusiast

Keltoi Samurai

This is LI! Here is where you'll find the pretend-therapist, pretend-doctors, some trolls (of course...) to actual therapist and actual doctors (if they're bored enough), or people who just honestly like helping others; so although the advice here can be extreme, ridiculous (from the trolls), or just right, be sure that any problem here if written well enough will be taken seriously by someone.

---------------------------------------------------------------

As for your problem, yeah, you are being manipulated. Not only is she gaslighting you, but she also successfully isolated you from your friends, lowered your self-esteem to the point you think you deserve this, and she took complete control of your home.

Are you dating this woman?
    If not, then evict her.
    If you are, then break up and evict her.

Helpful links:
Emotional Abuse
Abusive tactics
How to evict a roommate

Sparkly Lunatic

18,140 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Whoa....
you have been way more then reasonable and supportive. If you need the proof get it asap. If not let her bother someone else. Good luck.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Well, I'll echo everyone else.

b***h gotta go.

Enduring Associate

8,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Clambake 200
Vestri Umbra
It sounds like you're being gas lit. Always have s**t contractually written down on paper, and record conversations/evidence. If you have a phone that takes pics and records, start doing that. Like now

Regrettably, this is a good idea. If you're dealing with a liar, you don't have much reason to expect that she won't try to lie to the police or your landlord about the circumstances of her eviction. If you can document as much as possible, and have witnesses who can back you, up, that will go a long way toward keeping your name out of the mud.

Bashful Bookworm

Good lord are you dating this woman or is she a housemate?
Get her out of there ASAP. Losing a few things around the house is normal, and you usually find them somewhere they of course would be later down the line.
But things don't magically go missing then reappear.
Even if you said you'd pay certain bills for her, you can always take that back. Especially if you don't remember making such promises.
She's living there and expects it to be chore and bill free?
She sounds like a freeloader.

Did she sign anything? If not kick her out. Maybe pack all her stuff up for her and take her keys because she sounds like the kind of person who would take some of your stuff with her just to spite you.

If you're going to let her pack her own stuff up, hide your valuables and take pictures of the place just in case something bad happens and you need to bring legalities into it.

Chatty Smoker

Who is she and why is she living with you...? Is she paying rent or...?

But yeah, it seems like she's taking advantage of you, stealing your things, and trying to cheat you out of money. Get rid of her ASAP.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff