Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay I don't even think friend-zoned is the right word for this matter. There is this guy that tells me all his girl problems and from that we have became very close friends. He pretty mean to me, but when I say that, I just mean that he always playfully teases me. He always does this weird thing where he licks my hand if I ever put it close to his face. Anyways, I always ask him, "why are you so mean to me when all I do is comfort you, offer you advice, and listen to your problems?" He always tells me that he doesn't really mean it. But then recently, he told me I was like the little sister he's never had. And he always calls me little sister now.

I MEAN LIKE DOES THIS MEAN I am friend-zoned now or something, LIKE, I guess I shouldn't be too concerned because I don't even like him.
It is called friends.

Lavish Loiterer

legnanellaf5
It is called friends.

Enthusiast

Sharkbait v2
Okay I don't even think friend-zoned is the right word for this matter. There is this guy that tells me all his girl problems and from that we have became very close friends. He pretty mean to me, but when I say that, I just mean that he always playfully teases me. He always does this weird thing where he licks my hand if I ever put it close to his face. Anyways, I always ask him, "why are you so mean to me when all I do is comfort you, offer you advice, and listen to your problems?" He always tells me that he doesn't really mean it. But then recently, he told me I was like the little sister he's never had. And he always calls me little sister now.

I MEAN LIKE DOES THIS MEAN I am friend-zoned now or something, LIKE, I guess I shouldn't be too concerned because I don't even like him.

Friend-zone is just a stupid word used by unhappy men/women who expected to date their crush after confessing their feelings, but instead was asked by their crush to, "just be friends."

Since you don't have romantic feelings for your friend then you're not "friend-zoned," you just have a friend who cherish you like how a family member would, it's sort of like a deeper level of friendship. Stop worrying over nonsense, or you'll drive yourself crazy.

Invisible Assailant

12,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Maybe less friendzoned (which would imply you were pursuing him under the guise of friendship, and were rejected--doesn't sound like it's the case) and more "friends" with a person who isn't respecting your (implied) boundaries about how you want to be treated. If this person's teasing is bothering you, and you want some advice about stuff like that, this site is fantastic for helping you figure out how to set those boundaries, and what to do when they don't stick.

Lonely Lover

11,075 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Elocutionist 200
I would not say "friend-zoned", but yes, I do not believe he views you in a romantic sense. You seem to be okay with this, which is good. Realize that a friendship can be just as rewarding if not more rewarding than a relationship! It's very nice he feels comfortable enough teasing you and telling you about problems with girls. Hopefully you feel the same level of comfort with him : ) emotion_hug

Chatty Smoker

I guess so. But I wouldn't worry about it since you don't like him. Whenever someone says "you're like a sister to me" or whatever, I assume we're strictly platonic and that'll never change.

Bashful Bookworm

Mae Lovelyn
legnanellaf5
It is called friends.

./thread

Trash

Sharkbait v2

Just because he licks your hand, doesn't mean his morally obligated to ******** you.
You aren't being friendzoned. He's being a guy and you're jumping to conclusions.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff