Welcome to Gaia! ::

this isn't exactly a life issue more or less its concerning recent events of which i have questions about. i don't believe in friendships, granted i hang out with a lot of people (i'm not popular but i'm pretty damn close, i'm also the advice giver) and am physically affectionate with the majority of my peoples, but i just think that its pointless to try to get close to anyone emotionally (i've burned a couple times). well a couple of me aquaintences found this out. i really didn't mean to make them feel bad but i just can't help what i believe. one of them got really mad at me and hasn't spoken to me since (she's been avoiding me and in my opinion is being fairly childish). my main question is why do people get so offended by that? if someone doesn't trust you anymore than the trust anyone else why would you be offended?
Some people will get offended over anything. I'm lucky enough to have friends who would understand, find people like that.
friendship is only the foreplay of world domination
I think it's because the trust you and they thought they would get your trust back. Just imagine you were the person which gets to know that the one you thought as a friend does not tust you...it can hurt...try to talk to the ones and explain it to them, why you feel this way. Perhaps they will understand.
To some people, like myself, trust is a sacred thing. When people give out their trust and don't recive it in return. Well it pisses them off. However, it could be that they were giving out their trust to freely to begin with.

Secondly you can always change what you believe. But it is not always easy I have tried and failed a few times and decided I am better off, well 90% of the time, the way I am.
For your question...

When a person realizes that you don't trust them, and you are already acquaintences, it is kind of a shocker. People feel the need to be accepted and loved, and trust is a part of that. They probably thought that they were close enough to you to be trusted, and when they realized that you didn't trust them, they were hurt.

And it's even worse when they already trust you. Which may be the case here.
me and my friend are in the situation

if she ignores you

ignore her back

she'd soon get fed up and want to be friends

that's only if it works

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items