Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you guys think about it? My friends suggests that I get one because "it's better than having a boyfriend." At first, I thought it was a bad idea because I like to be able to love someone and be loved back.
I loved it...Not having to be emotionally attached...Just there when you really needed to "relieve" yourself or your friend.
Well if having more than friendly type of love in a relationship is important for you then go with that feeling and stay away from the "friends with benefits" idea. Simple as that.
Axellite
What do you guys think about it? My friends suggests that I get one because "it's better than having a boyfriend." At first, I thought it was a bad idea because I like to be able to love someone and be loved back.

Friends with Benefits is not about "Love". It's about lust, and it often gets taken a different way to the girl than to the boy.

I suggest that you stay away from it; it often leads to alot of trouble.
Taiyoukousen-akki
Axellite

Friends with Benefits is not about "Love". It's about lust, and it often gets taken a different way to the girl than to the boy.

What kind of trouble?
Friends with benefits is fine if you don't want to be tied down. But, it sounds like you want an actual relationship.

With friends-with-benefits, there is no obligation. The two of you are not responsible for each other, and are free at any time to go sleep or do what ever with someone else.

If you want to really know who you are with, I suggest sticking with boyfriends. Otherwise, don't be upset when your "Friend" leaves and gets an actual girlfriend.

Hardcore Sex Symbol

12,575 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
It is not a good idea, and it is not worth the risks involved.
It doesn't really seem right to me. I think there should be love before a physical relationship. Its your choice, though.
I'm asking because my boyfriend broke up with me after years of being together, he still wants to be intimately involved... with no such emotions such as love attached... (he didn't exactly say that but I can tell that's what he wants...)
Axellite
I'm asking because my boyfriend broke up with me after years of being together, he still wants to be intimately involved... with no such emotions such as love attached... (he didn't exactly say that but I can tell that's what he wants...)

Tell him to go find someone else. Honey, if he wants that after breaking up with you, then he isn't worth the time of day. Go find someone that's worth your time.
Axellite
Taiyoukousen-akki
Axellite

What kind of trouble?

Often, females take physical attention from a guy as a sign of mental affection; and they start to develop feelings and such.

But, the whole point of "Friends with Benefits" is unconditional romantic affection with no strings attached.

The other one on the recieving end often doesn't feel the same way about the person that is developing feelings, and feelings get hurt.

Also, sometimes people take it too far... You don't want to end up with an extra kid.
Naiya Masoka
Axellite

Tell him to go find someone else. Honey, if he wants that after breaking up with you, then he isn't worth the time of day. Go find someone that's worth your time.

That's what I was thinking. If he doesn't want to be in the sort of relationship you want then don't just fool around with him to make him happy. You'll end up hurt and he'll end up getting what he wants until he finds another girl he wants to be with.
I guess it just depends on the two people. Its hard to sort out emotions from physical pleasure for most, but some prefer it. Overall, its basically what you feel is right, and if you're comfortable with the relationship (or lack thereof).
~Kihou-chan
Naiya Masoka
Axellite

I know... It's hard though... because I still love him... He's making me angry though. When he asks me to do s**t for him and I say no, he's like "Aw c'mon! It's not like we haven't done it before." I told him there was a big difference between then and now but he doesn't understand, I guess....
No. No no no no no no. A million times no.
Someone always gets attatched no matter what. Someone always ends up hurt. Just no.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff