Welcome to Gaia! ::

i'm a girl in rl so ignore the avi

well, i have this friend. Actually she's my best friend, or was, i'm not really sure because we've been drifting apart. Well, here's my dilema....she's like becoming my clone, and I hate it..A LOT. I started wearing shirts that have sayings on them, then she does. I have my hair cut super short, and today she comes into school with her hair EXACTLY like mine, same color and everything. It's getting on my nerves. What do I do???
First, you should ask her why she's copying you. And if it's not a good reason, then tell her to stop. Simple.
rainingtears23
First, you should ask her why she's copying you. And if it's not a good reason, then tell her to stop. Simple.

but there's a problem with that. If she thinks I'm mad at her she starts bawling hysterically, I mean really bawling.
Immitaton is supposed to be the best form of flattery, but when trying to be an individual it can be a real pain in the butt.

I would suggest talking to her about it. find out why she is doing this, and let her know how you fel about it. Then if that doesn't work, start copying her. Try to match her outfits so that if she wears pink one day you wear pink the next day or something like that. Maybe she will clue in
She wants to be like you. She envies you. Maybe what she sees in you is something that she wants and can't have. Therefore she thinks that if she becomes just like you then she will get the attention that you get and that she will feel better about herself. I have a sister that does the same exact thing. She didn't use to be like it, but ever since she entered high school she doesn't know what to do sometimes, therefore she acts like me in order to better herself. I know that my sister and your friend are two completly different people but it could be of the same problem. Just tell her that you don't feel comfortable and that it's bothering you that she is doing this. Ask her why she has begun to dress and want to look like you? She may have a good reason for it.
wow maybe i should stop pming u i mean if ur a girl and all

Witty Sage

let her know you're flattered she thinks you're so great but it really bothers you. like you want to be your own person and she should too. i think maybe it's a way of her saying she wants to be close with you again so have a little heart to heart talk with her.
Be liek hey !I like ur shirt (or sumthign like that) an dI have somethign just like that too!
firned:t hanks u do?
U: *tlak to her about the coping hting and y she is all of a sudden itnerested in it*

she may just be jealous of u acually orshe jsut wants to be like you.... 3nodding heart

5,050 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
idiotic thoughts
rainingtears23

but there's a problem with that. If she thinks I'm mad at her she starts bawling hysterically, I mean really bawling.

OMG I had a friend situation like this. Just stop talking to her. My god. You don't need a copycat. That's so 3rd grade.
Urgh, those people can be so annoying. You just want to strangle them, rip out their hair, light their body on fire....
*ahem* Anyway, most people will tell you that you should be flattered that she wants to dress like you, but I think that's total bull crap. What I would do is try and ask her why she's suddenly changing the way she dresses/acts/looks. Try to somehow hint that you liked the way she dressed before. But if you don't feel comfortable talking to her about it, I guess what I would do is change my outfit style as often as possible. Keep her guessing? sweatdrop

5,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
If she's really bothering you, then you should tell her to stop copying you, even if it's going to make her bawl her eyes out. If you don't do anything about it, then she is going to keep on imitating you.

Beloved Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tipsy 100
Tell her that you want to be your own person, and she should to. Tell her you dont like her copying/following what you do/wear. Tell her she needs to find her own self, and stick with that.

Hardcore Sex Symbol

12,575 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
If talking to her does not work, allow her to go her own way and do what you can to maintain your own sense of style. If she is truly copying you, let it go.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff