Welcome to Gaia! ::

This has to do with one of my friends... I don't know if I'm being a stupid one or if she's just acting like a complete jerk.

Here's the story:

1. My friend (Sara) had her going away party today and invited to invite like 5 people along with me. So we agreed to meet at the light-rail station at 9:30 and then go to the amusment park for her party. Well, at 9:40 me and two of my other friends (the Katies) got to the light-rail station and she wasn't there.

2. So we called her and asked her where she was, and she's all like we're at Safeway and heading over to the movie theatre (which is like three miles away) on foot to catch or ride. Their "ride" turned out to be two guys from her work. So we caught the next train to the amusement park and told her to meet us there.

3. Well, like an hour and a half later she still wasn't there and we called again to see what was going on. Well, she said that she and the boys had gotten hungry and went to the Burger King by the movie theatre. So the Katies and I where getting really mad because we where there for HER going away party.

4. Like an hour later Sara and the boys show up and don't tell us. So we call them again and are like... where are you? And she's like oh, we're in the water park. And the Katies and I are all like, but you didn't tell us to bring swimsuits... and Sara says, that's ok you can come and buy some. Yeah... that didn't happen so we told her to call us when she was done with the water park and the boys where finished tanning.

5. After two hours of aimlessly wondering around the park she calls and says... ok we're done with the waterpark where are you guys? And we told her the ride we where in line for and she's like o.k. be right there.

6. A good thirty minutes later she turns up and we tell her that we're going on the ferris wheel cause one of the Katie's is feeling sick (and has already thrown up twice) So she starts making fun of us for going on "sissy" rides.

7. So we leave her and the boys and another one of our friends and just get on the light rail to go home.

Did the Katies and I do the right thing? Sorry, just wondering.
I didnt even read oyur problem I am sorry, My opion thoughm is friends come and go, Just go on wiht oyur life and if they survive and they still consider you a friend then You are good to go if not then Hey make new ones. Cause this is life, this is how it is going to treat you, so MAke the best of it that you can.
Someone please help me...
Okay I have read it to make you happy, Yes you did the right thing. When plans are made for a person then they should do it, not ignore there friends and make them wait, she deserved it for being rude. She should have just went and met up with you guys. About the "sissy" ride thing, there is no such thing, jsut different rides for different people. Me and a couple of friends last year when on the little prerailed cars for luaghs, and yet we all agreed it was fun. Therefore your friend was either just trying to be "cool" or she is rude.
Nathsazar
Okay I have read it to make you happy, Yes you did the right thing. When plans are made for a person then they should do it, not ignore there friends and make them wait, she deserved it for being rude. She should have just went and met up with you guys. About the "sissy" ride thing, there is no such thing, jsut different rides for different people. Me and a couple of friends last year when on the little prerailed cars for luaghs, and yet we all agreed it was fun. Therefore your friend was either just trying to be "cool" or she is rude.

Thanks, we thought it was rude to after we told her that one of the Katies threw up. But she didn't even care that we had left... it made us feel really bad and stupid. What should I do about her? I mean she's moving in six days... she's usually pretty nice.
I definately say you did because even though it was her going away party she invited you and her friends. She needed to act more of an adult and had everyone included in everything, (other than sex) or else she really isn't treating her guest kindly and favoring one over the other.

The thing is that maybe she was trying to be a good impression to the guys and because parties are always great ways to get guys attention why not start there.

I think she tottaly ditched you at her party and she shouldn't have done that. You were just trying to be a friend and follow along with the 'actual' party plans. It's not your fault and you did do the right thing so don't sweat it.

'*~.~*'*ko0langel, just another person...~*'*~.~*'
Pyforhist
Nathsazar

Thanks, we thought it was rude to after we told her that one of the Katies threw up. But she didn't even care that we had left... it made us feel really bad and stupid. What should I do about her? I mean she's moving in six days... she's usually pretty nice.
Give her a call in a couple of days, then see what was with her that day, if her attitude doesnt cahnge then she si stuck up, sorry to say but it is true, and if she is a real friend and comes out and basicually says "I am sorry I messed up that day." then give her some chance, but I think she was being a jerk jsut cause she was around a couple of guys, and she wanted to look cool and what not, you knwo the whole Show off thing.
ko0langel
I definately say you did because even though it was her going away party she invited you and her friends. She needed to act more of an adult and had everyone included in everything, (other than sex) or else she really isn't treating her guest kindly and favoring one over the other.

The thing is that maybe she was trying to be a good impression to the guys and because parties are always great ways to get guys attention why not start there.

I think she tottaly ditched you at her party and she shouldn't have done that. You were just trying to be a friend and follow along with the 'actual' party plans. It's not your fault and you did do the right thing so don't sweat it.

Yeah, but I feel really bad for the Katies to... I mean neither of them are huge amusement park fans and they both had to pay forty dollers to sit around all day.
Nathsazar
Pyforhist
Nathsazar

Give her a call in a couple of days, then see what was with her that day, if her attitude doesnt cahnge then she si stuck up, sorry to say but it is true, and if she is a real friend and comes out and basicually says "I am sorry I messed up that day." then give her some chance, but I think she was being a jerk jsut cause she was around a couple of guys, and she wanted to look cool and what not, you knwo the whole Show off thing.

That sounds like a good idea. Although, I think she's mad at me for some reason and doesn't answer the phone when I called her after we got home.
Well, at least she's going away sweatdrop
What a b***h.

Seriously.

You and the Katies, totally wronged. You have every damn right to upset. I know if something like that happened to be I would be pisses, I mean like really mad. Its a messed up with thing to do. You invite people to go out with YOU but YOURE the one that stands THEM up. Pretty ******** up. Id understand if she was late and she was trying to hitch a ride at the begining of the day, I would loose my patience when they tell me they went to go eat, but I would have walked away when they went to the water park. Its one thing to forget to tell someone about the waterpark, but its another to say get over here and buy them because I forgot to tell you. I have to hand it to you for sticking around the rest of the day, and if I had done that, and she'd start giving me s**t, Id give her s**t back. Who cares if its her special day? Every right to be mad.

You guys did the right thing, you were good friends. Shes a ******** up friend. Simple as that.
Pyforhist
ko0langel

Yeah, but I feel really bad for the Katies to... I mean neither of them are huge amusement park fans and they both had to pay forty dollers to sit around all day.

Well tell your friend that and explain that you felt -whatever you felt- and talk it out with her. The best thing to do is to talk it out with her or else maybe you won't get another chance and regret it. Even though she'll get up in your case she will realize that she mostly ruined you guy's days to hang out with two guys. You guys didn't do anything wrong other than -once again as I say- do what you were suppose to do. Go to right train stop, go to the amusement park. She should feel bad and not you. She was the one who ruined your day...

Pyforhist
Nathsazar
Pyforhist
Nathsazar

That sounds like a good idea. Although, I think she's mad at me for some reason and doesn't answer the phone when I called her after we got home.
She could have jsut still been out with those guys. Still give her a couple of days if she doesnt answer then let me know via pm or something
It's just really confusing, because I think things may have worked out better if the Katies and I had just gone to the waterpark with them... she made it feel like we where being the stupid ones for ditching her when we called her from the train.
Nathsazar
Pyforhist
Nathsazar
Pyforhist
Nathsazar

She could have jsut still been out with those guys. Still give her a couple of days if she doesnt answer then let me know via pm or something

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces