Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thanks for taking the time to read this. (Summarized version on 2nd POST)

1st POST: Details about the situation
2nd POST: Edits if any +updates + summary of first post

A while back I finally stood up for myself and broke up with my ex-girlfriend and of course my girlfriend at the time back then. This was a few months ago and we had been dating for about 2 years before the break. I had finally gathered the courage, strength and with the support and advise of friends, I finally broke things off. I had always been encouraged to do this by many friends way back even before we dated for over a year. I eventually lost many friends because of this relationship. I later on found out that the cause behind all the s**t that happened between my friends and I were caused by my ex-girlfriend. She had being causing s**t behind my back to my friends. She never managed to persaude some of my close friends into whatever she was trying to make them believe but she did manage to drag away quite a few of my casual friends that I hung out with frequently. There was one time she did come across one of my best friend and I, that I've known for almost 10 years. Thankfully that friendship was recovered after the huge misunderstanding. After the first year of the relationship I had lost a majority of friends and I only had a few close friends and my girlfriend at the time.

During the 2nd year of our relationship things seemed well at first but obviously it was more or less an illusion of the truth. She had started skipping her classes at university and was dating a 30 year old man. We were both 18 turning 19 at the time. She skipped classes to meet with this man and often made trips to his house together. *cough* I won't get into details with that considering I wasn't personally there so I can't make remarks on what may have or didn't occur. Eventually I found out a few months down the road. Even though I forgave her and gave her the opportunity to start over, she continued to cheat behind my back. She would continue to miss class to see him. Make lies about going to sleep early and then go out with him at night and eventually sleep over at his place. Even after about 6 months of this cheating, I purposed a fresh start again. This time with a plan to move out together to start fresh. She has always wanted to move out but criticized my ability to earn enough. At the time I was enrolled in school full time and was making approximately 10K from my part time job. Part of her reason she said she continued to be with that man was because she said he's more mature and has a set career. I always told her, "What do you expect me to do? I haven't finished my studies in accoutning yet, and if I were in my 30's I'm sure I'd be well set as well. It's not like he's that great anyways, he's only an assistant manager at Sony retail." (No offensive to retail managers out there. I said that to her over fustration and because she always insulted my ability with him as an example.) Anyways besides the little details here she ended up rejecting my offer to move out the day of the move after everything was set and she orginally had agreed to move and rent was paid. So we never moved. We continued to go back and forth depending on her mood and whether the other man was giving her any attention because he had his own steady girlfriend and they were engaged. During this time she also moved on and off with a few other men.

She then eventually moved out and dropped out of school. After her many nights with various men sleeping over I just couldn't endure anymore. As much pain as it is leaving her, I could not watch this continue any longer. And at the right moments the right people slapped the right sense into me. And I finally managed to seperate myself from her. I took my own advice and others and stayed as far as I could and ignore her 100's of calls a day. I've managed pretty well to focus on my studies and move on. It's been some hard times but I've been able to move on and continue with a new life. I feel free.

Recently she has begun to call again. I continued to ignore her. She would leave voicemails about how she's sorry and wants to start over or at least be friends. Start over is for sure out the question. I've moved on and I know I have no feelings of that sort for her. Her betrayal made it easier to let things go and so I don't feel for her like that anymore. But should I accept her apology and give her a chance to be my friend? I don't have many friends left. And she knows me well and can solve my problems considering we dated for a couple of years. But does she even deserve that chance after everything she's done? Does she deserve another chance after all the many times I have forgiven her in the past? My friends say no and say I should continue to ignore her because she has done enough damage in my life and shouldn't take anymore risks with her. Also they think I shouldn't add more burden to my life and be reminded of the past.

Should I forgive or forget? Should I ignore or be friends? If I want to forget, what can I do to get her to stop bothering me? She consistantly calls and just doesn't understand to stop. Please give me your opinion on the situation as well. Was I wrong in the relationship? Is it my fault for not making enough money to support her wishes? Let me know what you think. It would help to get more peoples opinion considering I didn't have as many friends to talk to about this, so I thought I'd bring it to Gaia and see what Gaians would think. Thanks for taking the time to read this and make comments. I thank you all very much!

Note: Person in my siggy is not the person this post is talking about. Kitty is my saviour and a great person. biggrin
Short summary of 1st post:

My ex-gf and I dated for approx. 2yrs and broke up a few months ago.

1st year was relatively good. But I lost many friends and she was responsible for it. She caused s**t behind my back and I lost many friends that I hung out with. Most of my close friends didn't believe her s**t though. She even came across a close friend of mine that I've known for almost 10 years.

2nd year was ********. In short she cheated on me several times. One of them for approx 6 months. I forgave her many times but she continued to cheat with this 30 year old. We were 18, turning 19 at the time but she criticized me for not having a successful career like the other man. I was working hard in school studying accounting and still am. She skipped class to see him and stayed over at his house too. She eventually dropped out, moved out and had many men stay over several times.

I couldn't bare it anymore and we finally broke up. Thanks to my friends who helped me through it and during the recovery process, I managed to get through it all and ignore her calls and everything and move on. But recently she is consistantly calling again and leaving voicemails saying she is sorry, asking for forgiveness, wanting to get back together or at least be friends.

Should I forgive or forget? Should I ignore or be friends? If I want to forget, what can I do to get her to stop bothering me? She consistantly calls and just doesn't understand to stop. Please give me your opinion on the situation as well. Was I wrong in the relationship? Is it my fault for not making enough money to support her wishes? Let me know what you think. It would help to get more peoples opinion considering I didn't have as many friends to talk to about this, so I thought I'd bring it to Gaia and see what Gaians would think. Thanks for taking the time to read this and make comments. I thank you all very much!

UPDATE: 11.29.2004

Finally almost a week of peace. She has not made any attempts to contact me for about a week now. But her last attempt to contact me worries me. The last time she contacted was through txt through my cell and it was at 4am. She messaged saying that she was all alone on the streets because she was ditched by some friends or something. Being concerned of course just as friend for her safety like I would for any of my friends I would of called them asap to see if I could be of assistance, but I ignored her. Was that the right or wrong thing to do? Should I call her as a friend to check her status of safety?

UPDATE: 12.31.2004

Another month has flown by and Happy New Years to everyone! I thought that this month could've been more peaceful seeing as it has been a little while since I've been disturbed. But man was I wrong. I guess she feels lonely or something this Christmas. Cause the guy she with now, the one she also cheated with on me since January doesn't give her the attention she needs. So she comes to disturb me -_- Man that's unfair sweatdrop So she hasn't given me a full week of peace this whole month. She's really starting to get annoying, but I'm starting to really not give a damn anymore. All I wish is to move on with my life in peace, any suggestions?

UPDATE: 01.15.2005

Here we go again... *sighs deeply* "WHY ME??" She's calling me to bug me about things regarding here and that guy she cheated with me with. This was based on the voicemail she left me. So she is in a sense moving on, or f**king around with the guy or something. But she's not with me, but why must she continue to bother me? gonk If she is basically moving on or whatever she is doing then why can't she leave me in peace to move on... *Pulls hair out in fustration* I'm going to explode!!

UPDATE: 02.05.2005

OMFG!! I think this is it. She may actually finally ******** understand. A few days ago I received another call from her. All she had to say was, "Too many people are getting hurt as we drag this on, I think it'd be best we completely disappear from each others life." She actually sounds serious too. I mean I didn't understand what she meant by "we drag this on," but I think the end point is that she's going to be completely out of my life xd I think she has this imagination about us together and dragging things on or something, but we broke up so long ago. And I've been trying soo hard to kick her out of my life. I think she understands now at least to leave. Whatever else is it she believes I don't know, and don't really care anymore. All I can say is I think she really is going to stop bothering me! xd (I hope this time it's permenant!)

UPDATE: 02.09.2005
That didn't last long now did it? I really thought she got the ******** point, but no. She's calling again, and it's with the whole I miss you, cry about you kind of crap all other again. I gave her a peice of my mind today the harsh way, even though I hate doing such things. But I think it's gone to far. Agreed? I really have no other choice. I hope my harsh message gets through to her this time and she'll finally leave me alone. There's only block number and the restraining order method left. But I really don't want to do that. Also the block number thing won't work, because she calls me from many numbers and my work place and everything. Enough is enough. I hope she gets it this time or I won't have any method left but to turn the cops for help.

UPDATE: 02.10.2005
Hmmmmmm, what now? Even those that harsh s**t I gave her last night didn't do the trick. I thought when she said, "she'll ******** off for good" she meant it literally. Now she's bugging my work place. Calls my department and when I get the phone hangs up immediately. I'm out of solutions and I really don't want to resort to calling the cops. What should I do now? I really want to get her out of my hair. I can't stand this no more. She moved on to someone else and made her life decisions. Now all I'm asking for is a chance to make mine. And to rebuild my life. Is that so much to ask? Please help me! Someone please!

UPDATE: 02.15.2005
Glad that Valentine's Day is over and done with it. Thank goodness I wasn't disturbed to much by her. But never the less I did have to turn off my phone to ignore a few calls and she really did leave me a gift at my work please o.O gonk So... what now? Oh yah, she left me a letter too. I couldn't help but read it. It was a whole bunch of bullshit though. But there was one thing that caught my eye. She had mentioned in the letter that she has changed and is looking towards a stable future and plans to stop her old ways. I hope that meant leaving me alone too. I don't knwo what it was in that letter but I tore it up after reading it and threw it out the car window. So what now? Any suggestions?

UPDATE: 02.27.2005
After some struggles after a bit of peace things seem have died down a bit. She got annoying a little while back but recently the last few days to almost a week now things have been very quiet. This is what I've hoped for and I hope this time it's for good. Well what can I say except wish me luck cause I really just don't know what do it she bothers me again. I can only express my feelings and intentions so many times. But if she continues to not understand to leave me alone and live seperate lives then I don't know anymore. *cheers* To the best of luck and to the future of hopes!!

UPDATE: 03.18.2005
Well it's been slowly getting more peaceful on my end of things and I've also moved out of town for the time being which should help. I have a work contract out of town and so it was the perfect chance I thought to get away and possibly solve this problem for good. Wish me luck ^^
I think you worked with the relationship as best you could, and that's all you felt right doing. Personally, I think you should try and be friends with her, you have no more feelings for her right? If she truly wants to be friends, she'll make a great friend. If not...

Try weighing the pros and cons of being friends with her. If you really feel that she caused you way too much pain and can't bear seeing her, then don't be friends with her.
personally, i think that you did everything you could to make her happy, and then some! you gave her more chances then i would have given my cheating b/f (which, incedentaly, has happened to me -_- since i suck) and if she can't deal with that, then it's her problem. money shouldn't be the only thing that counts in a relationship. TRUST, HONESTY, and most of all love, or a strong bond should be at the base of it all. i say drop her and tell her to shove her apoligies up her cheating a**. go and make new friends! get involved in some after-school activities maybe, and rebuild your life. if she keeps calling, block her phone number and email address if she resorts to that. you don't want her in your life, at all, even as a friend. period. she'll try to suck you back to her, and then suck you dry. she's screwed up you life enough already, don't hand her a second opportunity on a silver-platter.

pm me if you want to b***h at me or something
I am sure if it is just a relationship problem you could have made it shorter. If you want my input please summarize it because I am not reading all that s**t.
Kisai
I think you worked with the relationship as best you could, and that's all you felt right doing. Personally, I think you should try and be friends with her, you have no more feelings for her right? If she truly wants to be friends, she'll make a great friend. If not...

Try weighing the pros and cons of being friends with her. If you really feel that she caused you way too much pain and can't bear seeing her, then don't be friends with her.

But is she truly wanting to be friends? Can she just accept that? She seems very persistant to wanting to get back together more than friends. How will I know what her true intentions are? Thank you for your opinion and advice. biggrin
The Muffin
I am sure if it is just a relationship problem you could have made it shorter. If you want my input please summarize it because I am not reading all that s**t.

Thank you for your opinion it has been accounted for in the 2nd post for anyone else who feels the same way. The 2nd post holds a shorter version of the whole story.
CrimsonRoses
personally, i think that you did everything you could to make her happy, and then some! you gave her more chances then i would have given my cheating b/f (which, incedentaly, has happened to me -_- since i suck) and if she can't deal with that, then it's her problem. money shouldn't be the only thing that counts in a relationship. TRUST, HONESTY, and most of all love, or a strong bond should be at the base of it all. i say drop her and tell her to shove her apoligies up her cheating a**. go and make new friends! get involved in some after-school activities maybe, and rebuild your life. if she keeps calling, block her phone number and email address if she resorts to that. you don't want her in your life, at all, even as a friend. period. she'll try to suck you back to her, and then suck you dry. she's screwed up you life enough already, don't hand her a second opportunity on a silver-platter.

pm me if you want to b***h at me or something

You sound just like my friends and what they've said to me. Except they're more aggresive on their responses and are more like, "Are you ******** insane, tell that b***h to go to hell!" More or less like that, LOL!! I gave her all those aspects of a relationship as well. Thanks for your output biggrin

2,450 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
Well, if you think you should talk to her and you know you have no feelings for her tell her that if you do talk it will be friendship only also i'd ask why she suddenly wants to talk again, she might want something you don't, if you just don't care, well then listen to your friends and ignore her. 3nodding
WiccaVamp
Well, if you think you should talk to her and you know you have no feelings for her tell her that if you do talk it will be friendship only also i'd ask why she suddenly wants to talk again, she might want something you don't, if you just don't care, well then listen to your friends and ignore her. 3nodding

How would you suggest I approach it though? I'm the curious type and I want to know why for many things. But I don't want to get involved with her in anyway not even as a friend. But I do want to know why for many things. I'm afraid talking to her at all may include string attached.
That is a lot of information to consume and try and make something out of. Honestly I think if you have problems with a girlfriend and you don't feel that it was meant to be, you shouldn't stay trying to make it work with that person. If you really feel something I'm not going to tell you to give up...I just think if I had a problem with a boyfriend and he wasn't treating me right, I wouldn't waste my time with it. There's plenty more fish in the sea. You could stay friends if you feel comfortable with that, if not just move on in the nicest way possible. Let her know what she did to you...
Sabberz
That is a lot of information to consume and try and make something out of. Honestly I think if you have problems with a girlfriend and you don't feel that it was meant to be, you shouldn't stay trying to make it work with that person. If you really feel something I'm not going to tell you to give up...I just think if I had a problem with a boyfriend and he wasn't treating me right, I wouldn't waste my time with it. There's plenty more fish in the sea. You could stay friends if you feel comfortable with that, if not just move on in the nicest way possible. Let her know what she did to you...

That's some nice straight forward advice. Thank you. I heard a lot of that from my friends before I broke up with her. I think those kinds of words did a lot of persauding into the break up. Without them, I may still be tortured by her.

650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Personally, I don't think she's worth the trouble, especially if she screwed up a lot of your friendships. She wasn't too good and reliable of a girlfriend, so even if you're just friends, she might not even be too reliable of a friend. Even if her sleeping around doesn't affect you, her dishonesty might, and surely, there are plenty of people who know you just as well as she does, and won't betray you.

Besides, making new friends is a good thing, you never know who you might meet.
hold on a sec.

you're a lesbian!!!
theNightingale
Personally, I don't think she's worth the trouble, especially if she screwed up a lot of your friendships. She wasn't too good and reliable of a girlfriend, so even if you're just friends, she might not even be too reliable of a friend. Even if her sleeping around doesn't affect you, her dishonesty might, and surely, there are plenty of people who know you just as well as she does, and won't betray you.

Besides, making new friends is a good thing, you never know who you might meet.

Hmmmmm, I never it looked at it that way. Thank you! biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces