Welcome to Gaia! ::

10,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Partygoer 500
I haven't made a post in a long time on this site. I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to post something like this, but I will get on to the main point.

As a Gaia user for 8 years, I'm coming very close to giving up this account by 2015. I started here back in 2006 and I have many good memories of Gaia varying from meeting good friends, participating in events, and posting about anime. Ever since I got to college, my activity in Gaia declined drastically. The only time I'm ever online is to play in the holiday events and that's about it. Gaia used to be my main social media site that I go to when I was in high school. But as of today, I have a lot of friends, have Facebook to communicate with my friends, and always busy working or have schoolwork. These all factored in losing my connection to Gaia Online. Thinking about this really saddens me. Being here gives me sentimental value and I would feel terrible to leave. Although, I have this feeling of wanting to move on at the same time. I don't know. I would like some advice on how I should go about this predicament. I'm at a huge ultimatum on this. By 2015, I might be gone from this site for good. Or can I make a reconnection and regain the same feeling I had during my earlier years.

DarkRybrin's Queen

Loving Dragon

61,100 Points
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Many fall out of their habits in College, and form new ones with their new lives, but there is a time after College as well. When you have a job and life slows down a bit, perhaps you will reconnect with gaia again. As long as you remember your log-in, you can always come back again. ^^

Gracious Millionaire

9,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
Naruto-FP000 2

The same thing happened to me my freshman year of college. I had been playing Gaia for several years before I kind of lost interest and gained interest in other things. Almost 2 years ago, when I was done with schooling was when I re-joined and reconnected. Maybe you should take a break and come on when you feel is right.

Original Phantom

8,875 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noble Shade 100
I started back in 2004, and I often find myself getting distracted with something else and forgetting about gaia.

The sentimentality will always be there. You'll always look back at gaia with fond memories. Don't give up on gaia entirely, but go pursue your own interests. If you ever decide to return to gaia, even for a short period, your account will still be here, welcoming you back.

Until that time, I welcome you to adulthood smile I hope you enjoy it, just as you enjoyed your childhood!

Dedicated Squatter

i joined in 06-07 i think , and for the first two years i was a very active member with close friends

but i was a child and of course thought i would keep those friends forever , despite most of them being at least 3 years my senior

i am not in contact with anyone from my gaia days , and looking back its a little sad , but ive changed so much as an individual that i doubt they would even recognize me now anyway . most probably wouldnt agree with my lifestyle either

basically , whatever "purpose" i had here vanished a long time ago . now i only log in for a few weeks at a time , dress up my avatar to look cute , post some stuff in the forums , and then im gone again

s**t happens
Gaia as a site is dying. You are wasting your time being sentimental over site that actually is trying to kill itself.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff