Welcome to Gaia! ::

First off, I have an idiot for a boyfriend. I have posted about this in the past. We broke up, he begged for me back, I gave in.. He was real caring there for a while, tries to talk to me everyday, and so on. However, he talks to me by text and we never can carry on a conversation other than "Cool." "Lol" "Nice" "Hahaha", and that is the extent. He doesn't spend any time with me unless he will get sex, and he is a bad pothead, and keeps trying to convince me he loves me even though I'm fully aware he lies way too much, and he doesn't know what love is. I haven't seen him in person since friday morning, and he made an excuse to leave and go home, and I didn't hear from him all day. I got up with him finally that night and asked where he was and he got defensive and stopped talking to me.

I met this other guy not long ago. Him and I became fast friends, and we have talked from 8am until at least 2-4am almost everyday since. He always texts me. He picks at me in a playful manner, and he compliments me. We started talking and playfully flirting the other night, and we ended up agreeing to hookup and casually have sex. I'm aware this is probably something he was after to start with, but honestly, I was too.

My problem is, would it be extremely wrong to cheat on the boyfriend I already have? I mean, the way he acts, it seems like he talks to other girls as well.. but I'm not completely sure... he would rather blow me off to hang with his friends... then invite me to his house at ungodly hours to have sex, talk a little while, and then send me home.. While this guy is willing to drive to see me at 11pm at night, even though he lives 30+ minutes away. I'm aware it's stupid to sleep with a friend, and he will probably run off as soon as he gets it, but really I have nothing to lose, neither does he.

My question is, how do I deal with this guilt? I haven't even done anything yet, and I still feel guilty... I know my boyfriend is a terrible boyfriend, he has his moments where he is perfect, then he goes off and ditches me to get high with his friends, while texting me random BS.
Its always wrong to cheat. Just break up for good and save yourself the ethical s**t. You are wasting your time being tied to a guy you have little interest in.
If you really feel the need to cheat do it. Im not going to sit here like everyone else will and say that it is morally wrong to cheat. Because its your relationship and if you feel alone or not taken care of and you think that another guy can fulfill that then look in other places. Maybe you wouldn't want to continue to cheat for a long time but I can see that you might want to see if things will work before fully committing to your decision. 3nodding

Interesting Seeker

6,875 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Window Shopper 100
legnanellaf5
Its always wrong to cheat. Just break up for good and save yourself the ethical s**t. You are wasting your time being tied to a guy you have little interest in.

Short sweet and to the point. I like it. If you are so frustrated with your boyfriend and only got back together with him because he guilt tripped you, time to break up with him. Then you can do whatever you want.
Just be single for life till you realllly like the person you're with.

Irregular Gatekeeper

22,965 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Headstrong Believer 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
It's wrong to cheat, no matter how bad the other person is. It means trying to keep something while having more on the side. It's not like you are both agreeing to be in an open relationship and you wouldn't like him cheating either. The guilt is from knowing that you would not appreciate the same treatment of what you just did to him.

This is not as bad as other cheating, so just break up with the guy. You are in a bad relationship for too long that you naturally defaulted in finding someone else before you could officially break up with your boyfriend. You don't have to tell your boyfriend, but you must break up with him now. You have no more excuses to stay with him or the right to anymore and he lost the right to be with you a long while ago.

Fluffy Wolf

Just dump the guy. It's painfully obvious you two have NO future, you don't value him at all, and you're only staying with him out of some twisted sense of guilt. Neither of you have anything to offer each other, and I'm really not sure why you insist on being "boyfriend and girlfriend." You really only are in title. Certainly neither of you act like it, so just end the sham already. Dump him for good and cut contact, then you can move on and do whatever you want, guilt and obligation free.

Liberal Sex Symbol

If you're unhappy in your current relationship, end it.

Then you don't have to do these mental gymastics to convenice yourself you're not an unfaithful jerk because you'd rather be passive agressive and cheat then to just accept your current relationship is crap and just move on.

He gets to continue doing his thing, and you get to move on to something more fufilling and not feel guilt because you don't have to cheat. Close to a win/win as you're gonna get.
Well, your current relationship sounds like s**t. Break up and move on. However, you cannot expect a guy to talk to you all day every day. People have other responsibilities and hobbies they want to pursue. Couples usually don't text each all other the time later down the line, too. Even if you spend that much time together, you eventually run out of things to say. Sometimes silence together is a good thing, and time apart doesn't hurt.

Omnipresent Smoker

13,375 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Tycoon 200
You should break up with him because hes an ********, not to ******** some other dude. But you should break up with him and ******** the other dude.

He has secretive personality, he's getting defensive when you're trying to work out your insecurities about him, he uses you for sex and reassurance, he's probably the one cheating lol.

If you don't feel loved, or atleast appriecated for a reason other then the ability to make small talk and posessing working sex organs, then the relationship is a waste of time
Dump the retard, date the new guy, problem solved. Dump the needy a*****e on his a**.

Magic Stylist

Yes it's wrong to cheat no matter how bad is your boyfriend. You're showing to be even worse girlfriend this way.

If your current boyfriend neglects you that much and you're not happy with the relationship, just break up with him then do whatever you want to do. Cheating only would worsen and damage more your futureless relationship anyways.
Problem with most guys, they're all actors in the beginning, and I'm sure someone will get all defensive about what I'm saying but I didn't say all guys. Guys like to show you the best in the beginning and once the fun is over and you start to settle in, that trapped feeling starts to come into play. He could be generally a nice guy, but don't get blinded by love.
You say you have an idiot for a boyfriend when yore actually the bigger idiot to even take him back. Being back with someone when you knowingly are miserable I'm a relationship, just end it. It makes it so much worse to just cheat, more than what you have done already anyway

Just dump him. You guys are better off without each other.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff