Welcome to Gaia! ::

Space Phantom

So, I'll try to make this short. Lately, it seems like life has been dragging me down to the point of...depression? I'm not really depressed (I dont think) but I've gotta say, I do feel kinda insignificant. I go to college, taking a few classes at a time, I have a part time job, and am saving up for my own place. I've got things going for me, I've got a loving boyfriend, and supportive friends. Should be fine, right? Maybe its just life? Maybe I'm just having one of those nights? (though 'one of those nights' has been the past week and a half). I dont know. Last week I got into a car accident with my boyfriend, and we totaled the thing, so he's been rather down in the dumps as well, dealing with the remainder of what it was, and starting over from scratch, paying off bills.

Not sure if I just needed to vent, cry to someone, or whatever. I honestly feel like no one cares really, and honestly, I could understand that. Sorry if I'm coming off as a whiny b***h.
Not really sure how I should handle this efficiently. I guess some input would be appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

// TL;DR : Dealing with what seems to be pent up depression. Looking for advice.
Yo if you just were in a car accident it is normal to be not really happy, and just because you have things for you doesnt mean you have to be happy. A lot of people are depressed despite whatever good things are in their life because it doesnt really change how they feel. Venting just like this should help, but its okay to not be always happy.

Blessed Cat

Could just be the car accident, have you tried going to your bf for some help or comfort? You could try some time to yourself, that always helps me...

Space Phantom

I've kinda taken time to myself. My bf works full time so he's always generally busy, but we do try to make time to spend with each other.

I just need to stay positive. I think you guys are right, it could be the car accident. It kinda ******** us both over pretty badly.

Flatterer

5,275 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100
You're not coming off as a whiny b***h. What you're going through is completely reasonable. I would say you have depression, but I wouldn't be sure. Get therapy with a Psychologist you can talk to and work things out with. This kind of thing happens to so much people. Don't feel like you're being insignificant. Everyone's problems are significant and the best thing you can do is get help with it.

Golden Gekko

Moods like that are normal. I think we all experience times when we're kind of down and feeling worthless. And it definitely makes sense after mentioning the car accident. That's added stress.

My question for you is are you doing anything you're passionate about right now? Like are you taking classes you're passionate about or are they basic ones that you just have to take to get through? Are you passionate about your job or just working to get money? If you're not passionate about what you're doing, its completely normal to feel what you're feeling.

I would recommend finding something, whether it's volunteering, joining a club, but something to get you passionate and excited.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff