Welcome to Gaia! ::

Business Hunter

3,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I'm single atm and very busy in college taking on Game design. i want to try college dating as i know that such relations are short, but good for life experiences. my biggest hurdle that i have struggled with is my excessive shyness and introversion. I don't drink or smoke so i can't use that as an excuse to go out and meet people. even if i do meet someone i find attractive, i can never work up the nerve to ask her out. my few relationships i have had i took a passive role in the initiation stages (they asked me). in an attempt to make my self more confident i have started working out more to build my body but i know the real problem lies in my head, and more to the point my fear of.......something. (pretty girls maybe?)
suggestions?
I think you are better off not trying to get into some short term relatinoship, and actually try to work on your social skills and get friends. Talk to the ppl in your class, go join clubs, etc. Thats how you really get to meet people.

Also to be honest, I find it way more often that college dating is pretty serious. Like people are either into hook ups only and dont date or going to get married when they graduate. So it may not even be what you want depending on how it is where you are.
Definitely just try to get involved with things at school like was already said. Talk to people in your classes and join some clubs. When you establish a good social group girls usually come with it. Also even if you dont drink or smoke you can still go to bars or parties and just hang out. Dont rule those things out just because you dont drink or smoke you can still go to socialize and have a good time.

Lavish Hourglass

11,525 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Varrioth
I'm single atm and very busy in college taking on Game design. i want to try college dating as i know that such relations are short, but good for life experiences. my biggest hurdle that i have struggled with is my excessive shyness and introversion. I don't drink or smoke so i can't use that as an excuse to go out and meet people. even if i do meet someone i find attractive, i can never work up the nerve to ask her out. my few relationships i have had i took a passive role in the initiation stages (they asked me). in an attempt to make my self more confident i have started working out more to build my body but i know the real problem lies in my head, and more to the point my fear of.......something. (pretty girls maybe?)
suggestions?

The root of your problem is fear of rejection people who look all types of ways can find love because people are not as shallow as they seem. Why do you think you fear being rejected?

Business Hunter

3,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
legnanellaf5
I think you are better off not trying to get into some short term relatinoship, and actually try to work on your social skills and get friends. Talk to the ppl in your class, go join clubs, etc. Thats how you really get to meet people.

Also to be honest, I find it way more often that college dating is pretty serious. Like people are either into hook ups only and dont date or going to get married when they graduate. So it may not even be what you want depending on how it is where you are.

at BlackeyedxBlonde too:
thanks for the advice. perhaps now may not be a good time as you said that college relationships tend to be longer then i expected, and i'm in between 2 major game projects(QA lead on one and lead design on a section for the other) and a full time job. Still, would it be too much for "her" to put up with my tight schedule? also i do socialize with people in my classes and a few groups that i know, both guys and girls. so talking to people isn't the problem.

Business Hunter

3,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
crystalpraise
Varrioth
suggestions?

The root of your problem is fear of rejection people who look all types of ways can find love because people are not as shallow as they seem. Why do you think you fear being rejected?

that has been a question I've been wrestling with for a long time. when i ask myself what i fear from asking a girl out is i shouldn't fear anything, for i have nothing to really lose. yet whenever i think i'm ready to ask i choke moments before, leaving me standing there like a dummy.
Varrioth
legnanellaf5

at BlackeyedxBlonde too:
thanks for the advice. perhaps now may not be a good time as you said that college relationships tend to be longer then i expected, and i'm in between 2 major game projects(QA lead on one and lead design on a section for the other) and a full time job. Still, would it be too much for "her" to put up with my tight schedule? also i do socialize with people in my classes and a few groups that i know, both guys and girls. so talking to people isn't the problem.

It isnt about if a hypothetical person can put up with you, but if you can make time for other things like a relationship. Idk how much free time you think you have, but I do get that school and a job takes up a lot of time. Since you say you are very busy, I dunno if you can really give it your best if you did get a girl. I personally would hang out with my boyfriend once a week while we were both in school, and we saw eachother at club events other days too, so it was daily we hung out in some form or way.

Lavish Hourglass

11,525 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Varrioth
crystalpraise
Varrioth
suggestions?

that has been a question I've been wrestling with for a long time. when i ask myself what i fear from asking a girl out is i shouldn't fear anything, for i have nothing to really lose. yet whenever i think i'm ready to ask i choke moments before, leaving me standing there like a dummy.

I can relate a little when I first started acting I had a performance I knew that I was ready and deep in my heart I was as excited but my brain scrambled and I my voice started to shake...šŸ˜³I was so mad because I knew that I could do it. I learned that it's the anticipation that subconsciously changed the way I was breathing which led to me freaking out,It might sound crazy to you but think about how you are breathing before you talk to the girls! You can practice by going out and complimenting women both young and old šŸ˜Š so when it comes to confronting girls you like it will be much easierā¤

Business Hunter

3,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
legnanellaf5
Varrioth
legnanellaf5

at BlackeyedxBlonde too:

It isnt about if a hypothetical person can put up with you, but if you can make time for other things like a relationship. Idk how much free time you think you have, but I do get that school and a job takes up a lot of time. Since you say you are very busy, I dunno if you can really give it your best if you did get a girl. I personally would hang out with my boyfriend once a week while we were both in school, and we saw eachother at club events other days too, so it was daily we hung out in some form or way.
i find that i have an odd amount of free time in the evenings, which is making me realize how lonely I've become. hence, why i'm here. i am busy but i feel the companionship would be well worth the trouble i would go threw.

Business Hunter

3,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
crystalpraise
Varrioth
crystalpraise
Varrioth
suggestions?

I can relate a little when I first started acting I had a performance I knew that I was ready and deep in my heart I was as excited but my brain scrambled and I my voice started to shake...šŸ˜³I was so mad because I knew that I could do it. I learned that it's the anticipation that subconsciously changed the way I was breathing which led to me freaking out,It might sound crazy to you but think about how you are breathing before you talk to the girls! You can practice by going out and complimenting women both young and old šŸ˜Š so when it comes to confronting girls you like it will be much easierā¤
and here i am worrying over only one person staring at me, while you have faced a wall of eyes. you have my kudos. so the way i see it, i have two ways of tackling this issue of mine. A; practice on randoms (not hard as i work retail) or B; wing it. take the anticipation part out of the equation. (but that would make me feel like a creeper.)

7,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
you should drink and smoke

Questionable Prophet

You know, most people have a surprising amount of free time once the need to get something done. If you want to try out dating, try it out.
Meet people in clubs and classes, try out one of those dating apps, such as Tinder, but you're going to find people looking for a more casual type of thing, hook-ups, etc.

...For getting over being shy...I did it by working in retail. sweatdrop
And, okay, this sounds a little bit a lot messed up, but just try flirting with girls and not asking them out, or just simply talking to them, aim for girls that are kind of below or at your level.

Business Hunter

3,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
i appreciate everyone's replies, every little bit helps.

Lavish Hourglass

11,525 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Varrioth
crystalpraise
Varrioth
crystalpraise
Varrioth
suggestions?

and here i am worrying over only one person staring at me, while you have faced a wall of eyes. you have my kudos. so the way i see it, i have two ways of tackling this issue of mine. A; practice on randoms (not hard as i work retail) or B; wing it. take the anticipation part out of the equation. (but that would make me feel like a creeper.)

It's great that you work in retail you can just kindly flatter the customersā¤ lol and don't feel like a creeper.

Business Hunter

3,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
crystalpraise
Varrioth
crystalpraise
Varrioth
crystalpraise
Varrioth
suggestions?

It's great that you work in retail you can just kindly flatter the customersā¤ lol and don't feel like a creeper.

yeah, its strange that i can take being approched and flirted too, but i can't do it the other way around. i'll learn eventually.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff