Welcome to Gaia! ::

I dated my best friends ex against my better judgment.
It was very awkward.
My friend encouraged it and it seemed alright but I couldn't do it. I broke up with him because I couldn't be intimate with my best friends ex.
My friend later revealed she was very angry about it.
Very stupid idea.

Feral Sweetheart

My best friend dated my ex. He and I had broken up three years prior and we didn't stay in contact after I left for the military. They remained friends and got to a point they wanted to try dating and see if it worked. I had zero issues about it. And now I'm friends with him again, though they've broken up and remained friends too. It's an interesting dynamic.

5,750 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Yes, but we weren't super good friends and to be fair I didn't know at first that her ex was her ex until after I started dating him.

However, she did warn me that he was bad news, and I didn't listen because I thought she was just a jealous ex. I should have listened. Haha! Oh well, you live and you learn! heart

8,575 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
gaia_spoons Have you ever dated a friend's ex? If so, how close was this friend?
My ex fiancee "dated" this girl I semi hung out with during gym class my freshman year.
She didn't really care nor would I have cared because we weren't really friends to begin with and she was pretty obsessed about this one guy who eventually got guilted into calling himself her boyfriend.
When she got really crazy about the fact he wouldn't kiss her he broke it off and she was just a lump of blah for a couple of months and tried to get my friend to feel bad for "using" her.
I stopped talking to her completely after that because I found it ******** ridiculous and childish for a non-disabled sixteen year old to act that way.

gaia_spoons How did the react?
You mean how was the reaction?
She didn't care in the least and I didn't find out until I was like, five months along in the relationship.
I only found out because I was telling him about her after that class period and he sheepishly admitted he did the same thing because he felt bad for her, lol.
He ended up making fun of her and we laughed about it.
And that was that.

gaia_spoons Did you do anything as a result of their reaction?
Again, she didn't care and the only reason I quit talking to her completely was because I found her quite pathetic for her age and didn't want to associate with unneeded bs drama.

As far as your situation goes, she wasn't even friends with you, she was friends with your sister.
She's acting like a sorry cow and you're exactly right for how you handled it.
She'll eventually get over it, but not anytime soon.

Then for dating an actual friend's ex, I usually don't.
It's not worth the drama and I wouldn't want a good friendship (since those are hard to come by) to be soured over something as stupid as a guy/girl.
There's plenty of people around, so I can find someone who hasn't been in my friend's pants.

Hallowed Wench

1. Nope, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't(although highly unlikely), although if I did I wouldn't expect my friend to be my friend anymore.

2. NA
3. NA

I've never been inclined to want to date a friend's ex, but depending on circumstances I probably would if I liked the person enough. Just because I'm friends with the person they were banging before doesn't mean I can never date them.

Greedy Millionaire

my boyfriend dated this girl before me, and well, im best friends with her now! i think me getting with my boyfriend was what drove she and i to be friends anyway. even now we're all friends and she often texts him to do romantic stuff for me xd
i dont think dating your friends ex is a problem unless they make it out to be, and if they do theyre probably still attached in some way

Bashful Bookworm

I dated my best friends ex shortly after they broke up. We're still best friends and she understood I liked him and he returned the feelings, so why not?
Sounds like she took it really personal, but ******** her, if you guys are happy, ignore her and be happy.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Once. My friend didn't care, in fact, I think she arranged our date. It was pretty dull as we had virtually nothing in common, but the funny thing is I ran into one of my own exes during our date and we started seeing each other again for a time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff