Heart Explorer

6,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Kannonm
LIhelpme

Thank you for your response^^

Well I kind of don't want to face those fears though, I mean the darkness. sweatdrop My mind even starts to see things in the dark and I get so uncomfortable I just think it's easier to sleep with a lamp on. I have slept in the dark before, but only when I had sleepovers with my friend and shared a bed, because I felt instantly comforted that I had someone there. But I can't stand being in the dark by myself. It's one of the things I hate most when the power goes out. I have to light a candle super fast.

Like I mentioned in above, I don't think I could talk to a therapist. The thought of talking to someone like that, and opening up and having them judge and listen to me like that makes me panic on it's own..>< I'm a very private person. Yet, I think some medicine to help me sleep might help...I could tell my family doctor I just have prob;ems getting to sleep, which I do too. But without medicine I know I just lay there panicking and thinking if I fall asleep and someone breaks in..then it's my fault and I wanna be prepared and idk. My mind comes up with all kinds of silly and awful things and it seems so real to me at night. =(

If you can't make it to your family doctor any time soon, try Melatonin. Due to lack of dark exposure, you may be running quite low on it in your system. Supplementing with it could help a great deal. It can be found in any drug store and is not expensive.
Yes and it doesn't have the usual secondary effects of any sleeping pill. It really helps with anxiety and sleeping problems. I use it myself when I have period of insomnia. Works wonders.

Frozen Fairy

I think I know exactly what you're talking about, because I'm pretty sure that's what I suffered from for years.

After seeing many doctors in this state, I was called crazy, but all my blood tests during these episodes showed hypoglycemia.

If you and I have the same thing, eating fresh meat a few hours before you go to bed, or eating an orange during this should help.

You know, if it is caused by the same as mine, this will work. If not, there really is nothing bad that will happen by eating fresh meat or an orange. . .you need to eat anyway.

mnhnrnnyng's Datemate

Sleep with the tv on. It creates the illusion of someone else being at home with you.
Kannonm
LIhelpme

Thank you for your response^^

Well I kind of don't want to face those fears though, I mean the darkness. sweatdrop My mind even starts to see things in the dark and I get so uncomfortable I just think it's easier to sleep with a lamp on. I have slept in the dark before, but only when I had sleepovers with my friend and shared a bed, because I felt instantly comforted that I had someone there. But I can't stand being in the dark by myself. It's one of the things I hate most when the power goes out. I have to light a candle super fast.

Like I mentioned in above, I don't think I could talk to a therapist. The thought of talking to someone like that, and opening up and having them judge and listen to me like that makes me panic on it's own..>< I'm a very private person. Yet, I think some medicine to help me sleep might help...I could tell my family doctor I just have prob;ems getting to sleep, which I do too. But without medicine I know I just lay there panicking and thinking if I fall asleep and someone breaks in..then it's my fault and I wanna be prepared and idk. My mind comes up with all kinds of silly and awful things and it seems so real to me at night. =(

If you can't make it to your family doctor any time soon, try Melatonin. Due to lack of dark exposure, you may be running quite low on it in your system. Supplementing with it could help a great deal. It can be found in any drug store and is not expensive.

Thanks, actually I think I seen that over the counter so I won't even need to see my doctor, I can just pick some up. Thank you^^
icicle weapon
I think I know exactly what you're talking about, because I'm pretty sure that's what I suffered from for years.

After seeing many doctors in this state, I was called crazy, but all my blood tests during these episodes showed hypoglycemia.

If you and I have the same thing, eating fresh meat a few hours before you go to bed, or eating an orange during this should help.

You know, if it is caused by the same as mine, this will work. If not, there really is nothing bad that will happen by eating fresh meat or an orange. . .you need to eat anyway.

Thanks, I'm a vegetarian though. I don't eat meat. I do have oranges tho. I don't think I have anything in my blood because I get blood-tests a good bit and I think it would have shown up. Thanks though.^^
olive buffet
Sleep with the tv on. It creates the illusion of someone else being at home with you.

Thanks, but I don't have a tv in my room, plus I can't sleep when there's too much noise either. I do sleep with a fan on to try and block out other noises, but sometimes I think I'm hearing stuff with it and it only makes me feel more paranoid. D:

8,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
LIhelpme
Okay as a child I used to have alot of nightmares and was often scared at night. Usually slept with my parent in their bed, but that all seemed normal because most kids get afraid at night, at least most I knew also did. Plus I had a sibling who would always scare me and my other siblings, play pranks, tricks and all this stuff to scare us, etc.

I'm an adult now. I sleep with a lamp on. I just don't like complete darkness, even now. It makes me incredibly uncomfortable to not be able to see my surroundings. So I slept with a lamp on, not a big deal. But lately I have started being really uncomfortable at night again. I can't even explain it. Nothing bothers me in the day really, but at night I just get so uncomfortable and I become more paranoid and I honestly become afraid. Of nothing, of ridiculous things and paranoid thoughts, feelings. My overactive imagination. I cannot sleep, I'm up all night. When I try to sleep I get up like every few minutes because I think I hear something and I want to re-check the doors, and I keep thinking of horrible things that could happen and I seriously feel like I'm going to lose my mind.

I hate being by myself at night. Hate it. If someone in my house is up, I'm fine. But when their all asleep and I'm up alone I can't stand it. I feel so much better with someone around me. idk what to do. Like I feel needy and dependent. I'm up right now and I feel so uncomfortable and wish I had someone here with me right now. I don't know what to do. I don't think it's normal to feel like this and it's embarrassing because I'm an adult but still get so scared and I don't know what to do. Someone please help me and give me suggestions because it's a real problem. crying

believe it or not I was that way to a point when I was young. In my case I didn't like being alone but didn't get scared. I think you may need a room mate and try a dimmer night light....you will eventuallyy get over it I am suure

gramps

Frozen Fairy

LIhelpme
icicle weapon

Thanks, I'm a vegetarian though. I don't eat meat. I do have oranges tho. I don't think I have anything in my blood because I get blood-tests a good bit and I think it would have shown up. Thanks though.^^

they don't really tell you have hypoglycemia unless it's at a level low enough to kill you.
I get night terrors when mine drops to around 3.9, which is not considered dangerously low, so they don't tell you.
after looking at my apparently "perfect" blood tests, I saw my blood sugar was 3.8-4.1 on all of them(which is low), and my iron was 40-60 on them all, which is also low.
I have the exact same problem. I'm fortunate that my boyfriend lives with me so I can rest easy most nights but when I'm home alone, I always leave the hallway lights on because I'm terrified of the dark. I also frequently wake up when I'm alone.

I wish I could offer you useful advice but I have the same exact problem so I really can't. I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone and it's not an embarrassing problem.
GrandpaJones
LIhelpme
Okay as a child I used to have alot of nightmares and was often scared at night. Usually slept with my parent in their bed, but that all seemed normal because most kids get afraid at night, at least most I knew also did. Plus I had a sibling who would always scare me and my other siblings, play pranks, tricks and all this stuff to scare us, etc.

I'm an adult now. I sleep with a lamp on. I just don't like complete darkness, even now. It makes me incredibly uncomfortable to not be able to see my surroundings. So I slept with a lamp on, not a big deal. But lately I have started being really uncomfortable at night again. I can't even explain it. Nothing bothers me in the day really, but at night I just get so uncomfortable and I become more paranoid and I honestly become afraid. Of nothing, of ridiculous things and paranoid thoughts, feelings. My overactive imagination. I cannot sleep, I'm up all night. When I try to sleep I get up like every few minutes because I think I hear something and I want to re-check the doors, and I keep thinking of horrible things that could happen and I seriously feel like I'm going to lose my mind.

I hate being by myself at night. Hate it. If someone in my house is up, I'm fine. But when their all asleep and I'm up alone I can't stand it. I feel so much better with someone around me. idk what to do. Like I feel needy and dependent. I'm up right now and I feel so uncomfortable and wish I had someone here with me right now. I don't know what to do. I don't think it's normal to feel like this and it's embarrassing because I'm an adult but still get so scared and I don't know what to do. Someone please help me and give me suggestions because it's a real problem. crying

believe it or not I was that way to a point when I was young. In my case I didn't like being alone but didn't get scared. I think you may need a room mate and try a dimmer night light....you will eventuallyy get over it I am suure

gramps

Yeah I wouldn't be able to live alone without a roommate..but even at home now with family asleep, I still feel alone since I'm the only one up..so nothing really helps that much..I hope I do get over it someday.
icicle weapon
LIhelpme
icicle weapon

they don't really tell you have hypoglycemia unless it's at a level low enough to kill you.
I get night terrors when mine drops to around 3.9, which is not considered dangerously low, so they don't tell you.
after looking at my apparently "perfect" blood tests, I saw my blood sugar was 3.8-4.1 on all of them(which is low), and my iron was 40-60 on them all, which is also low.

Thanks ^^, but I don't think there's anything wrong with my blood sugar tho, the scared thing happens when I'm alone at night only, so if someone is up with me, or someone up in general it doesn't happen. I also don't have other symptoms of low blood sugar. Tho I currently take Iron pills.
Phenothiazines
I have the exact same problem. I'm fortunate that my boyfriend lives with me so I can rest easy most nights but when I'm home alone, I always leave the hallway lights on because I'm terrified of the dark. I also frequently wake up when I'm alone.

I wish I could offer you useful advice but I have the same exact problem so I really can't. I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone and it's not an embarrassing problem.

Thanks for your reply! Nice to know I'm not alone.^^

Well it feels embarrassing to me though. My family teases me and makes fun of me for being scared when I was young...so I can't even tell anyone about it because I would get laughed at and mocked for the rest of my life. ><

Conservative Explorer

I'd recommend getting a cat or dog to sleep with you. They may hog the blankets and not give you much foot room, but they are great company and chase off the night worries.

Frozen Fairy

LIhelpme
icicle weapon
LIhelpme
icicle weapon

Thanks ^^, but I don't think there's anything wrong with my blood sugar tho, the scared thing happens when I'm alone at night only, so if someone is up with me, or someone up in general it doesn't happen. I also don't have other symptoms of low blood sugar. Tho I currently take Iron pills.

Those were my symptoms too. Getting freaked out alone at night.
My blood sugar was low because I was eating too many carbs. (So my diet was mostly pasta and fruit juice, and I didn't get freaked out on days where my diet was mostly meat and vegetables) Not to mention, I wasn't deadly hypoglycemic. I was at the edge, so 3.9.
But like I said, it's a harmless test. Just eat an orange during the episode. If it goes away, it's an easy fix. If it's not, your body will thank you for putting some vitamins and fibre into it.
High blood sugar can also cause this, and so can not eating right in general.

My low blood sugar symptoms are nervousness, insomnia, paranoia(especially while sleeping alone), and those senses similar to hallucination, but not hallucination(basically where you hear a random noise that is a real noise, but misassociate it. So assume it is aliens coming for you, instead of just bugs flying around outside which is probably is), and mood swings.

My sleep disturbances had those not-quite hallucinations where I would hear a real noise, misinterpret it, so I usually thought aliens coming for me, and then I would freak out, and couldn't sleep. And my blood sugar was tested twice in these episodes at 3.9, and the doctor said "not low enough to kill you", so put me on antipsychotics and sleeping pills. Then one day, someone told me what I had sounded like low blood sugar, and I realized taking a glucose pill had the same effect of the drugs.

I ate like s**t back then. My typical daily diet consisted of fruit juice, pasta, mini-wheats, crackers, nutella, soup, and the occasional doughnut. No doctor told me I was eating like s**t. One sent me to a dietician who told me to eat Activia, which is loaded with sugars, and made me worse. Dieticians don't even know s**t about diet anymore. I saw their pamphlet for kids at Loblaws telling parents to feed their kids cookies and pudding as healthy snacks.

The #1 side effect of antipsychotics is elevated blood sugar. One of the common causes of hallucinations is low blood sugar. Why I think the whole mental health system is a money-grab scam.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff