Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,750 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
im going to go to a therapist for this...has anyone ever had this problem? i lost a close friend through texting too much...i wasn't like that before..the past days i've been worried about him paying me back. but was busy when i texted him and when he didn't respond back i texted more, out of worry, stress. pissed him off. i appear at where all his friends meets to hang, without being invited. that pisses him off too because he says i was stalking him. when we argue i can't literately leave him alone. i follow him half way home or just plain stay there. he tells me to leave and i don't. ..i feel like i can't control it.or these thoughts too.i really want to get better but i don't know how

Tipsy Streaker

9,100 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Loiterer 100
The fact that you identified that it is a problem is a good thing. Go see a therapist and work through it with them. I'm afraid this isn't really a problem that anyone but you can fix, and a therapist can help you find ways to deal with those emotions.

I'm sorry I can't really be of more help, but if I think of any ideas I will let you know, just keep trying to control it is all I can say, think about what triggers it and try to consciously change that behavior.

7,750 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Erihar_Dragonclaw
The fact that you identified that it is a problem is a good thing. Go see a therapist and work through it with them. I'm afraid this isn't really a problem that anyone but you can fix, and a therapist can help you find ways to deal with those emotions.

I'm sorry I can't really be of more help, but if I think of any ideas I will let you know, just keep trying to control it is all I can say, think about what triggers it and try to consciously change that behavior.

yes i'll try x.x. thank you

Tipsy Streaker

9,100 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Loiterer 100
good luck :3 just take it one step at a time

Tipsy Streaker

9,100 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Loiterer 100
that's where a therapist can offer you some help smile don't be afraid to go, they're professionals and can help you figure yourself out, that's what they are there for

Tipsy Prophet

Cognitive behavioral therapy: Whatever the compulsion/obsession is (in this case, stalking), you don't do it and sit in the anxiety it creates. Seeing that you won't die by not indulging the compulsion shows you that you can infact control it. This is the type of therapy they use for OCD patients.

7,750 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Delightful_FOOL
Cognitive behavioral therapy: Whatever the compulsion/obsession is (in this case, stalking), you don't do it and sit in the anxiety it creates. Seeing that you won't die by not indulging the compulsion shows you that you can infact control it. This is the type of therapy they use for OCD patients.

ah that sounds familair my sister has OCD, not saying that i have it or anything. that does sound like a good idea. i did try it once and it was very very hard to do...i managed to remove myself from the situation. took awhile for the anxiety to calm down. other times my anxiety took over and wasn't able to....

Tipsy Prophet

Ayame rosefox
Delightful_FOOL

btw how did you find this out? do know someone who has OCD? just curious

No, I just read a lot.

5,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Perhaps you need to self-introspect. It could help to find the reason why you did it. I think anxiety plays a major role in your behavior. Too much anxiety that you can handle. I feel anxiety could be a result of a lack of stability in life. I suggest taking a breath and meditate. Then self-introspect. Owning a pet will help you. At least, it helped me a lot. I used "stalk" a guy..I can understand. For me, I don't know why I did it, like I had the compulsion to call him on the phone again and again, nightly. I just tell him anything, just to keep him on the phone. And he never hung up on me. I really had no idea why I did it. I was around 15 or 16 years old that time. When I realized that I hated doing it, I felt so ashamed of myself and so embarassed because it IS humiliating to be the one calling a guy, especially if you're a girl. All I can tell you is that he used to court me, then I turned him down then he became too silent when i'm around him. It drove me nuts and I guess that's why I started to call him at night. Maybe a need to give me attention. I dont know. All I know is I was extremely anxious during my high school years.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff