Welcome to Gaia! ::

bittertongue_puppet
MiameMiame

IWishYouHappiness

Um...I'm a girl...but I doubt that even matters... I just feel so frustrated. My only outlet is my computer.

If I get kicked out of the university this year I don't even know what I'd do. It's hard because I used to be part of the top ten in my class ,and would compete outside school...now I even failed a class because I forgot to answer the back page of my finals...

OMG sorry, I don't know why I decided that you are a guy. But it doesn't change that much, you are supergirl anyway!

Dangerous Bloodsucker

IWishYouHappiness
As I said earlier pills will not change your life. Pills will only help you for a short period of time. Anyway I don't think that it would be nice to live whole your life using pills? You should make some changes in your life and I understand that it is hard to do that now, because you have lack of energy, can't concentrate, do not believe that life could be beautiful etc. But believe me, life is beautiful!
Some little things can help you to feel better. Such as going to sleep at the right time, wake up at the right time, eating properly, doing some kind of sports, trying meditation or other relaxation techniques, finding hobby. I know that those things can heal hormone imbalance in your brain. I saw a lot of people who forget about depression only just by doing such things.
All my life I was very curious in psychology, philosophy, meditation, healing, relaxation techniques, I attended a lot of seminars and courses. I am economist and I have my business, but my real passion is helping people. I love to listen to people, to give advices, to teach practises and to see how they are becoming happy. That's why I am in university again. I am studying psychology. So if you would like to get some advices, or just want to talk to someone just let me know.

Don't be so quick to judge meds. Some people, like me HAVE to be on them to live a "normal and productive life". And yeah they kinda did save my life. Cuz without them I'm batshit crazy.... Like running around town naked screaming obscenities crazy. So yeah, taking meds for the rest of my life sure beats the alternative. I agree with you that the OP needs to get out and do s**t tho, but you don't know as much about psych as you think.

Dangerous Bloodsucker

Dude I so know how you feel. When I fist told my mom I was depressed she laughed it off and told me I was just having a bad day. THen I started cutting myself an dshe kinda HAD to believe me then, so I totally get not wanting to tell your family.
Did you know there are councilors/therapist that charge on a sliding scale, meaning the fee you pay is determined by your income. I don't group therapy once a week and it only cost me 5$ and individual only cost 10$, so there are people out the who can help for pretty cheap. However if you're looking to get meds, then you are gonna have to see a psychiatrist regularly, but as far as the rest, shop around and see what's in your area. COmmuntiy Mental Heath is also a good option. LIke every county's got one. Might not hurt to give them a call too cuz they can get you meds.
IWishYouHappiness

What relationship the OP has with their doctor and how their doctor decides to manage their condition is absolutely none of your business. From your posts above you have no regard whatsoever for psychoactive medication, and as confirmed by another post, you are studying psychology not medicine (and therefore you will not have any experience in psychiatry at all) so you should not be commenting or passing any judgement on prescription medication, influencing the OP with your unfounded prejudices.

I'm sure you mean well but as someone said above, you're jumping the gun with your limited understanding of psychology. If you want to offer advice, by all means go ahead and support the OP as any another good person would but don't go billing yourself as some sort of professional, that's deceptive and is actually just harmful to them.

Tipsy Hunter

It sounds like not telling your parents is probably for the best. They don't sound like very accepting people, and you don't need drama and negativity in your life, especially from your parents.

You should find someone to talk to though. Depression is such a hard thing to deal with alone, even if you think you can with doctors and medicine, it's so much better to go through it with someone else. You don't have to deal with depression alone. You should find someone you can confide in, someone who you feel comfortable talking to about this kind of stuff. Next time you talk to your doctor, you should ask about any support groups he could recommend you to, or you could do some research on it yourself. It sounds cheesy, but you could probably find someone at a group to talk to because they'll likely be able to relate to you more than anyone else could.
From reading some of your posts, I feel like you shouldn't fight depression alone. You should reach out for support. In your case, maybe telling your parents isn't a good idea, and you said you told a friend about this, but maybe you can reach farther than that? I'm not really familiar with depression, but, I wish you the best of luck. I just know that, everyone needs support and a hand to help them through obstacles.

About your troubles at your university, maybe you do need a break. I mean, there's no point in wasting your time and money at school if you can't concentrate. What you need to do now is to cure your depression.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff