Welcome to Gaia! ::

Depression, on one level or another is part of everyone's life. Personally, I find that it helps to have a strong network of friends you can count on.

I, too, attempted suicide when I had no support and you know what it was that saved me? A song. And one of my friends learned that song on guitar and performed it for me.

It helps to talk to people, sometimes even a stuffed animal. Because once it's off your chest it's one less thing for you to worry about. Depression comes and goes for many people. Some people find that antidepressants help and other find something else that helps. The main thing to do is try and find someone you can talk you. Find someone who you know will never judge you but support you.

Lonely Bloodsucker

7,800 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
Twin Suns Three
777star777
Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors[Antidepressants] .And I think only 3 weeks.

Why did you stop taking them after only three weeks?

They were not really helping in my opinion .

Lonely Bloodsucker

7,800 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
ShatteredMirrorGirl
Depression, on one level or another is part of everyone's life. Personally, I find that it helps to have a strong network of friends you can count on.

I, too, attempted suicide when I had no support and you know what it was that saved me? A song. And one of my friends learned that song on guitar and performed it for me.

It helps to talk to people, sometimes even a stuffed animal. Because once it's off your chest it's one less thing for you to worry about. Depression comes and goes for many people. Some people find that antidepressants help and other find something else that helps. The main thing to do is try and find someone you can talk you. Find someone who you know will never judge you but support you.

... thanks & glad you got saved

Lonely Bloodsucker

7,800 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
Spirit Reborn
777star777
Spirit Reborn
Hey luv,
Was there anything during December and onwards that happened to trigger your depression?

July I met someone I cared for deeply,who helped me threw all the agony And around December into Jan. I lost that person.. Plus my mom started working a lot again so I stress over taking care of my little brother to. & etc.

I'm sorry to hear that..
Sometimes people come and go in our lives through no fault of our own. Have you tried making new friends? I find it helps to have a network of support- you don't have to deal with this alone.

It's fine.. You don't have to be sorry & yes I have a bunch of good friends but i don't tell them about my issues with Depression.
777star777
Twin Suns Three
777star777
Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors[Antidepressants] .And I think only 3 weeks.

Probably because you weren't on them long enough.
The doctor should have told you that it takes two to three weeks before the drug starts to take effect. After that, if there's no effect, your doctor might try increasing the dose or switching you to a different medication. At least, that's what my doctor did when a particular drug was ineffective.

Anti-depressants are not miracle pills. You don't pop one and suddenly the world is rainbows and unicorns. Also, it's generally ineffective to try treating depression with medication alone. It's best to use medication in conjunction with therapy. The only thing anti-depressants do is make the symptoms manageable, clear your mind, so that you can focus on changing the depressive thoughts and feelings.

Lonely Bloodsucker

7,800 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
Twin Suns Three
777star777
Twin Suns Three
777star777

Probably because you weren't on them long enough.
The doctor should have told you that it takes two to three weeks before the drug starts to take effect. After that, if there's no effect, your doctor might try increasing the dose or switching you to a different medication. At least, that's what my doctor did when a particular drug was ineffective.

Anti-depressants are not miracle pills. You don't pop one and suddenly the world is rainbows and unicorns. Also, it's generally ineffective to try treating depression with medication alone. It's best to use medication in conjunction with therapy. The only thing anti-depressants do is make the symptoms manageable, clear your mind, so that you can focus on changing the depressive thoughts and feelings.

Wow you sound exactly like mom ( in a good way) . Thanks for advise .

Timid Kitten

7,875 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
777star777

I know what your going through, I have done this too. And truthfully I believe you went to the wrong kind of professional. From what it sounds like, you need a social counselor that will talk with you. Not someone that will only diagnose you with drugs. Trust me, ever since I went to the social counselor I have been able to feel more confident with myself, comfortable, more open, and I stopped cutting before it could have gotten any worse... Though that is just me and I don't know what may have been your reasons for suicide and suicidal thoughts. But from the reason of why you stopped and started back again it sounds like its the lack of having someone to talk to, so it always a good to try. ^.^

Lonely Bloodsucker

7,800 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
Melanie Nox Rose
777star777

I know what your going through, I have done this too. And truthfully I believe you went to the wrong kind of professional. From what it sounds like, you need a social counselor that will talk with you. Not someone that will only diagnose you with drugs. Trust me, ever since I went to the social counselor I have been able to feel more confident with myself, comfortable, more open, and I stopped cutting before it could have gotten any worse... Though that is just me and I don't know what may have been your reasons for suicide and suicidal thoughts. But from the reason of why you stopped and started back again it sounds like its the lack of having someone to talk to, so it always a good to try. ^.^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff