Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've been on this medication for about 10 months, but in December I stopped taking them for awhile and then had to go back to the doctors due to the fact I kept having breakdowns and became depressive over little things.

When I went back they doubled the dosage, and a few weeks ago I stopped taking them again (the doctor doesn't know). The breakdowns have started to come back again and my temper has begun to rise; earlier I snapped at my girlfriend for nothing and well.. I'm not the angry type.

So.. life issue's;
-Should I start taking the medication again?
-If not, any advice?
-Have any of you been in the same/similar positions?
You should go ask a doctor about these things. A professional who knows your medical history will be able to help you better than anyone online.
Azure_Goblin
You should go ask a doctor about these things. A professional who knows your medical history will be able to help you better than anyone online.

He'll probably just double it again, I wanted to see if people had the same experiences and knowledge to share

Fashionable Bloodsucker

7,150 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
why do you keep stopping your medication? i've done it before without a doctor knowing n stuff and it was for depression.that was a long time ago tho. im taking some new medication.
Hernameisfoxylove
why do you keep stopping your medication? i've done it before without a doctor knowing n stuff and it was for depression.that was a long time ago tho. im taking some new medication.

Because I forget and then I think "Pfft.. Oh I should be fine without them"

Do the help you?

Fashionable Bloodsucker

7,150 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
Rerma
Hernameisfoxylove

Do the help you?

yeah i think they do. it doesn't happen right away when i first first start taking them but after awhile i think they kick in :3

yeah and the forgetfulness can be a real bummer, sometimes i put a alarm on my cellphone so that i don't forget.
Hernameisfoxylove
Rerma
Hernameisfoxylove

Do the help you?

yeah i think they do. it doesn't happen right away when i first first start taking them but after awhile i think they kick in :3

yeah and the forgetfulness can be a real bummer, sometimes i put a alarm on my cellphone so that i don't forget.

Hmm... I guess they do

And that is a good idea for remembering, thank you.

Fashionable Bloodsucker

7,150 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
Rerma
Hernameisfoxylove
Rerma
Hernameisfoxylove

Do the help you?

Hmm... I guess they do

And that is a good idea for remembering, thank you.

its different for everyone, the affects. so if one kind of meds don't work for you, you can ask your doctor to try for another kind that might work better :3 and your welcome ^^

Dapper Millionaire

Be truthful to your doctor, they can't properly help you if you're keeping information from them.
And if you stop these medications cold turkey it could be more dangerous to you than good. Talk to your doctor about your concerns.

Friendly Lunatic

If a doctor gave you medicine, you should take it. They gave it to you for a reason! And if you just stop cold-turkey, your reaction is worse than if you stop slowly under the supervision of a doctor. It is still a drug, even if it isn't bad for you, and you get addicted to it because you need to take it. If you truly don't want to take it anymore, tell your doctor and he/she'll help you safely get off of the medicine : )

Hope that's helpful!

Lonely Lunatic

IMO you should just stop them. If you can't keep up with them everyday you're only going to make everything worse by going on and off like that. It will mess up your brain, they are not a game.
If you are upset find a therapist.

I was in a similar position as you and the longer I was OFF the meds the better I got. I have been off meds two years now.
I've always had issues with medication because I always end up like a zombie staring off into space for hours at a time... My reccomendation is to talk to your doctor about exactly what the problems are and work something out, and continue to go back to him every month or two until you find something that works.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff