Welcome to Gaia! ::

suffering from severe depression and no one believes me.
i feel like my parents just think i'm crazy or doing this for attention.
they continually offer to take me to a therapist, but when i bring it up, they scoff and say that "it's all in my head and that it's just a phase and that i'll grow out of it." my shitty relationship with my parents doesn't help either. they continually tell me i'm a failure and that i'm worthless and that i'm just overall stupid.
i am just so tired of all of this.
i also feel like i have anxiety that is triggered by my high levels of stress.
i feel like i can't get enough air into my lungs and that my heart is going to fall out of chest which.
simple social situations make me literally sick to my stomach and make me want to burst into tears.
i feel like this life i'm living is really leading me nowhere and that i'm just not going to do much.
i've been feeling this shitty for years now and i'm pretty sure i'm reaching my breaking point.
my mental stability isn't all there anymore and i'm done and i'm tired.
i don't feel like this will ever get better.

i just needed to get that off my chest.
x
You can contact your doctor yourself and arrange to meet a therapist. You don't need your parents to seek the treatment you may need. Might even do you good to seek out some support groups you can join in your own time

Visionary

honestly, go see a doctor. Your feelings are valid and legitimate, and nobody has the right to tell you otherwise. You know how you feel, and I know it may be difficult, but you really have to take the stand yourself and get help if there is no one close to you that will listen. I know exactly how you feel. I have experienced similar emotions and have had my feelings delegitimized by those around me, telling me "well you SEEM fine!" seeming fine and actually being fine are two very different things. I urge you to find a doctor or therapist in your area and contact them. I wish you the best of luck. I know how hard it can be.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff