Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neh. I hate this place, I just need some security in my situation/suggestions on what I can do. Or just have a rant... either way...

Maybe some help for my friend aswell. It's all tied together really.

Ooook. *takes a deep breath*

I have a friend. A male friend. For.... about... one and a half years. We're pretty "tight" he's definitely one of my best friends. Over the past three-ish months I've been getting.. uh... "feelings" for him (goddam hormones) aaand.. we started getting better friends too. Lets call the guy "A". So, here we start the messy/complicated part of the story. My friend .."E" was going away for a month to New Zealand. Me, E, A and ... "huggy bear" (It's a nickname we have for him) are all awesome friends. So, E invites us all round to her house for a little going away Partay. E and Huggy bear kinda.. hit it off. (Unfortunatly, Huggy bear now thinks he jumped in too quickly, He's in love with someone else, and E is away in new zealand >_< Ouchy eh? (Thats his problem which needs sorting aswell)) So.. then.. me and A kiss (DUN-DUN-DUUUN (Gotta get some suspense music eh?) So.. the next day.. I'm up in the clouds thinkin' "Yay!" I get home, go on MSN, and start talking about the previous night with Huggy Bear. He's telling me about how cool it was 'cause both Him and A kissed E and "It was like.. so cool 'cause nobody cared that we BOTH kissed her!"
I CARED! So then.. my whole lovely day of thinkin' about it comes CRASHING down. I tell A how I felt about this situation, letting him know how I felt all along. Now.. I expressedly say that I'd never like.. go out with him 'cause these things can ruin friendships. Which I don't want. He doesn't tell me how he feels. I assume.. it isn't the same. But.. I think it was. seeing as we went to the cinemas and cuddled, held hands and kissed. So yah... I think we both feel the same about each other. Alas, we're not "Dating" and there's been discussion, I think he wants to...
Here's my problem. I do not want to start a relationship with this guy because of the ruining of friendship, which is highly treasured. But we already kind of.. are.. and I'm SLIGHTLY confused.... I let myself get carried away sweatdrop .

Anybody have any thoughts?
Oh yah, anybody got any help for Huggy Bear 'cause he needs to kind of.. stop things with E so that it doesn't carry on then end messily. If it ended messily, the fellowship of the sugar would disintegrate *wails*

[Edit - this is a mule if you wanted to know. Don't ask about the weird name. It just came to mind...]
As far as your situation goes, it is possible to be friends after the relationship is over.

If you both are mature enough, and understand that it might take a little while to get things back on track, and that they will never be 100% the same, I think you will be fine. You just have to remember to work on the friendship while you two are dating, to keep maintaining that. I am better friends with my ex's than I was before I started dating them. You just have to put forth the time and effort to sort things out after the fact.

As far as that guy goes, I think he needs to simply tell your friend his affections lie elsewhere and be done with it. If he cares about someone else, and wants to be with someone else, then he should be straight forward and honest about it.
Hmm well... I'd say talk to A about this all, get him to tell you how he feels. You need to tlak it over with him. Also.. Huggy bear and E will have to sort this out themselves, they will have to end iut they probably both know, so just eb there to support them whent hey do (: Now getting a relationship with a doesn;t mean it ruins the friendship, and if it doesn;t break with a figth but just because the feelings gone you can step down to beeing friends again
Well, you're in quite a jam really?

It's all up to you on what you should do in this situation. If you really don't want anything to happen then you should probably tell him this and make it clear that you don't want this to happen. Maybe you should wait for the other friend to come back? Maybe they'll break up?

If you want to persue something you should think about those consequences too.

My opinion.
Sexisweetiepie - Yah, I was annoyed at him.. but neh. *hands chill pill* The letters are taking over your brain eh?

Trose - Thanks. *finds a little security in your post*

Ubena - Yeah. I just hope they can both talk it over in a sensible way >_<

Butterballs - I'll talk with him. Indeedy I will. Only problem is. I dunno if I want it all to happen. But it makes me so happy. (I'm like.. a happiness junkie >_< wink
Friends that like each other, but are afraid to act on it, usually tend to dinstance themselves from each other. I say go ahead and see where things go, there's nothing worster than pretending like something you're not. If the friendship is as strong and cherished as you say it is, than it will most likely still be there if things don't work out.

AS long as you don't break up because of something crazy that is....
In my own opinion, I would just follow your heart.

I went out with 2 of my best friends, the first one we broke up after 8 months and we talk from time to time, but not often, so that friendship probably is gone.

Reason why that relationship is gone though, after she breaks up with me, a month later, I am with another friend, get feelings for her, and ask her out a month after my first friend dumped me.

I tell my friend ( swho broke up with me ) and she yells at me, I didn't realize now I am dating one of her friends (ouch ) plus she was going to ask me back out.

6 months later I am still with friend Numbro 2 and all is well, and friend Numbero 1 still talks to me from time to time.

Liek I said before I starting usingme as anexample, just follow your heart,, and hope for the best.
I think you should follow your emotions and go with your best friends because since you guys kissed, it shows that you care more about him than just a friend. And you said that your intution says, that he cares about you as well. As for Huggy Bear, they need to sort that out themselves and E needs to know that Huggy Bear is in love with someone else.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff