Welcome to Gaia! ::

II Earl Grey II's Darling

Cheating maybe not... But no way it would be okay. ><
Dont do that.

Id say dont cuddle anyone your not seeing.

Wealthy Consumer

8,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
cut that s**t out right now.

Think about it. Would it bug you if your significant other was doing that with an ex? Bet it'd piss you off or make you uncomfy.
It's not cheating, but it's a shitty thing to do.

Hellraiser

It varies from couple to couple.
Or what you might think is creating, he or she may not so you have to discuss boundaries.
I wouldn't be very happy if my bf cuddled some other girl, but I don't have to worry about that, he's very faithful to me.
I have guy friends that I act cute with but they know I'm in a relationship so my guy friends and I are just really close.
And besides, half of my friends are in the states or in Australia
lol

Enthusiast

Cyrus Farre
I know some people see cuddling as cheating and some see it as a common thing, nothing wrong really to do it with other people than your SO.

But what if you're cuddling with your ex? :l does that seem any sort of fishy or awkward?

Understand the true definition of cuddling. Cuddle is to hold someone close, either while sitting or lying down, for reasons such as showing a deep level of love or to comfort. Cuddling is not the same as a hug, because hugs are meant to be a quick embrace.

I believe cuddling isn't cheating, because when someone dies or gets a terminal illness, people cuddle to comfort. However, random cuddling to show affection is typically a thing you do with your significant-other. Cuddling with an ex is alarming and suspicious, because even though it's not cheating, it shows that person may still have romantic feelings for their ex and might cheat if given the opportunity.

Spoopy Kitten

Cyrus Farre
xChibi Cannibalx
Cyrus Farre
xChibi Cannibalx
In my relationship, cuddling with anyone is cheating. Cuddling an ex would be a deal breaker

Same for me, but this significant other thing...I dont really have one at the moment, hes just a friend but I still felt very uncomfortable and to top that, he decided to hide the fact that he was there at his ex's house when I asked him because he was on a work trip. What say you? Do you think I should trust this person I like or do you think he's already testing faith even before a relationship starts?

Being that you two arnt official, he can really do whatever he wants. But, you have every right to not get with him, if you think he may be playing both of you. Does he have any intention on being with you in the near future? If so, then id talk to him about it and let him know it made you uncomfortable like hes not as serious about dating as you thought he was

He said he has a few that he likes to his ex when his ex asked him if he was thinking of being with anyone. I felt like a game piece in his life when he said that and lost a little of my love for him when I was told that. I don't even know why but maybe hearing that I'm one of a few that he would most likely date makes me feel like he's experimenting with us to see who he loves the most...instead of just truthfully loving. I'd let him know when I get that loving feeling and he does too back I guess but for now I don't believe I can even say it makes me uncomfortable because we aren't together obviously.

Perhaps hes not a monogamous person? Or maybe he doesnt want fake feelings for people, so hes sorting them out slowly while 'seeing' all of you? Personally, i think he sounds like a lot of drama. Unless hes 100% open with you about his feelings and expectations, it doesnt sound like he wants to move forward with anyone specific for a while. Which means he will most likely see all of you until hes ready to pick one

Bashful Sweetheart

23,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Cat Fancier 100
The Luminosity
Cyrus Farre
I know some people see cuddling as cheating and some see it as a common thing, nothing wrong really to do it with other people than your SO.

But what if you're cuddling with your ex? :l does that seem any sort of fishy or awkward?

Understand the true definition of cuddling. Cuddle is to hold someone close, either while sitting or lying down, for reasons such as showing a deep level of love or to comfort. Cuddling is not the same as a hug, because hugs are meant to be a quick embrace.

I believe cuddling isn't cheating, because when someone dies or gets a terminal illness, people cuddle to comfort. However, random cuddling to show affection is typically a thing you do with your significant-other. Cuddling with an ex is alarming and suspicious, because even though it's not cheating, it shows that person may still have romantic feelings for their ex and might cheat if given the opportunity.

Mmm...okay...that makes sense

And yeah, that's what i kinda felt when the guy i like told me that, that there might still be feelings there? He was trying to deny it but i dunno, i really feel sketchy about it. Thank you for wording it out for me though, i'll think on this more...

Bashful Sweetheart

23,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
xChibi Cannibalx

Perhaps hes not a monogamous person? Or maybe he doesnt want fake feelings for people, so hes sorting them out slowly while 'seeing' all of you? Personally, i think he sounds like a lot of drama. Unless hes 100% open with you about his feelings and expectations, it doesnt sound like he wants to move forward with anyone specific for a while. Which means he will most likely see all of you until hes ready to pick one

He really is a lot of drama and i think you've picked him out correctly. I really do think he's as you said...waiting to choose till he's ready...but still looking at everyone. Hmmm...what do you propose i do if you were in a situation like this though? Would you go through the hassle or just give up on it?

Spoopy Kitten

Cyrus Farre
xChibi Cannibalx

He really is a lot of drama and i think you've picked him out correctly. I really do think he's as you said...waiting to choose till he's ready...but still looking at everyone. Hmmm...what do you propose i do if you were in a situation like this though? Would you go through the hassle or just give up on it?

It completely depends but it all starts with communication. Has he said why he doesnt want to pick one person yet? Why is he waiting so long? Why is he interested in so many people? Does the list keep growing with more and more people, or is he really looking to find that special someone and the list is getting shorter by the week? Is he equally invested in all of these people or some more than others? Without knowing for sure what his motives are, i cant give the best answer

But, if i were in situation with someone who didnt know what they really wanted, i would probly bail out. Id feel more like an experiment than a possible lover

Bashful Sweetheart

23,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
xChibi Cannibalx
Cyrus Farre
xChibi Cannibalx

It completely depends but it all starts with communication. Has he said why he doesnt want to pick one person yet? Why is he waiting so long? Why is he interested in so many people? Does the list keep growing with more and more people, or is he really looking to find that special someone and the list is getting shorter by the week? Is he equally invested in all of these people or some more than others? Without knowing for sure what his motives are, i cant give the best answer

But, if i were in situation with someone who didnt know what they really wanted, i would probly bail out. Id feel more like an experiment than a possible lover

Well hes recently out of a relationship give or take 3-4 months ago so he wants to think about what he wants, his list apparently is a few but who knows what few means, could be 20 could be 10. I dont know if he spends more time with me but he does take and make an effort to try and call me every day because I either request it or he suggests it *rarely but it's there*. Does that help any? Need anything else to wonder about?

And thats exactly how I feel but I'm really thinking about it...im very considerate on how people figure things out but this sounds awfully sketchy to deal with...and pointless almost

Spoopy Kitten

Cyrus Farre
xChibi Cannibalx
Cyrus Farre
xChibi Cannibalx

Well hes recently out of a relationship give or take 3-4 months ago so he wants to think about what he wants, his list apparently is a few but who knows what few means, could be 20 could be 10. I dont know if he spends more time with me but he does take and make an effort to try and call me every day because I either request it or he suggests it *rarely but it's there*. Does that help any? Need anything else to wonder about?

And thats exactly how I feel but I'm really thinking about it...im very considerate on how people figure things out but this sounds awfully sketchy to deal with...and pointless almost

That changes things a bit. How long was his last relationship? It sounds like he wants to play the field a bit to get back in the game, so to speak. If his last relationship was a long one, its a possibility hes not over that ex yet which is why hes not making anything official right now

Still, i think i would back away and find someone else

Bashful Sweetheart

23,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
xChibi Cannibalx
Cyrus Farre
xChibi Cannibalx
Cyrus Farre
xChibi Cannibalx

That changes things a bit. How long was his last relationship? It sounds like he wants to play the field a bit to get back in the game, so to speak. If his last relationship was a long one, its a possibility hes not over that ex yet which is why hes not making anything official right now

Still, i think i would back away and find someone else

Yeah its not even been half a year since hes been single so I understand now. Hes been with the ex previously for a year I believe? I cant recall correctly.

Mm...I see...

Enthusiast

Cyrus Farre
Mmm...okay...that makes sense

And yeah, that's what i kinda felt when the guy i like told me that, that there might still be feelings there? He was trying to deny it but i dunno, i really feel sketchy about it. Thank you for wording it out for me though, i'll think on this more...

To quote a friend of mine: "Couples, cuddle. Friends, console."

He probably has feelings for his ex still, but he's not ready to admit it to himself yet, which is a bad sign. You'll get hurt if you date the person he is now, because he would be settling for anyone, due to not knowing what he wants. Trust yourself and your feeling; if he feels wrong for you, then he is.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff