Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hesitant Cyclops

How do people get through it? I seriously need help. Being sober is giving me wicked weird anxiety. Like I want to peel my skin off from boredom and having to deal with myself.

A few facts:

1)Yes, I do smoke weed (just ran out, never had this anxiety issue before)(am not a heavy smoker)

2)I do not drink

3)I do not recreationally use pills or the like.

4)I am stuck at home 24/7 with my in laws that I despise.

5)I live in a tiny town that only has three churches and nothing else that is 15+ miles from anything other than farm land.

6)I am a broke fool

Any advice on how to get through my days sober without having a complete meltdown? I've always been a little bummed sober, but never anything like this.

Please o great sober smart people, impart your wisdom upon me!
If being sober makes you feel so shitty, it is probably the time to stop. Like it shouldnt be that you are feelign anxious without it, that is getting to be dependent on it. Whichis bad, even if weed is seen as chill, that kind of emotinoal dependence is horrible for you. Being sober should be your norm, with being high something you do every now and then, not the other way around.

It will suck the first little while but youw ill get over it nd you will be fine. Go find a hobby that is productive and useful. Read, paint, write, video games, hang out with friends. Its up to you to decide what you enjoy.

Hesitant Cyclops

legnanellaf5
with being high something you do every now and then, not the other way around.

I am sober more than high. Despite what my username may lead some to think, I am not high all the time. I smoke maybe one night every two weeks. It is not a staple in my every day life.

Wealthy Hoarder

Turn to exercising. It's cheep and free.

Or you can turn to role playing within the role play part of this site. It might help you with your sanity. It helps me.

Hesitant Cyclops

Srintella Tiagara

Or you can turn to role playing within the role play part of this site. It might help you with your sanity. It helps me.

My fat a** has been wanting to exercise, but I am too lazy. I need to stop using that excuse.

I love roleplaying. Oh. My. Gawd. I love it. But I must be terrible because I can't get people to engage my characters. I'm in one where I am pretty much begging someone to interact with me, and am getting nowhere.

Wealthy Hoarder

Cannabe Yours
Srintella Tiagara

My fat a** has been wanting to exercise, but I am too lazy. I need to stop using that excuse.

I love roleplaying. Oh. My. Gawd. I love it. But I must be terrible because I can't get people to engage my characters. I'm in one where I am pretty much begging someone to interact with me, and am getting nowhere.

For the sake of your sanity I will help you out. IF you can work around me going to work, school, homework, and having to wait more then eight hours in-between a post sometimes.

Fluffy Wolf

Sounds like you're in an unhealthy situation. Your environment not being suitable for you is probably what's driving you so crazy.

1) Why do your in-laws drive you crazy?
2) Why are you stuck living with them? Where is your spouse, and is it possible for you to move?
3) What do you do all day? Do you have a job? Do you work around the house? Are you a caretaker of some sort?
4) What is it that you LIKE to do?

If your environment is not conducive to your goals and personality, it's going to make you miserable because your home life is basically a never-ending battle justifying your existence and actions. Hopefully I can give you some more tailored suggestions with a better idea of your lifestyle and how you got there, if that's not too personal. 3nodding

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Find things to feel your time with enjoyment, handwork, and bettering yourself and relationships. If you don't have a job get one (even looking for a job is so time consuming you certainly won't get bored razz ), Volunteer, or do odd jobs for people to get out of the house. Visit neighbors or go to community events. Go to school or take classes (even if it's ran by the community. Exercise or a new sport or activity. Get a hobby. Learn a life skill (driving, fixing cars, gardening, cooking, a new language, sewing or something pragmatic like that). If you have something in common about your in laws or a friend or neighbor engage them in that. If your in laws aren't completely toxic lunatics it may spark a relationship with them. I don't do any kind of drugs, and really, I keep so much going on I wouldn't have time to imbibe or party if I wanted to.

Green Smoker

I smoke weed like, a lot. Sounds like you want it but you don't have it.

I have GAD, and weed tones it down for me, usually. Sometimes it is the actual trigger though. I usually just try to catch up on some sleep or Netflix. Or cuddle and play with my cat.

TL;DR: Focus on anything else that doesn't give you anxiety.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff