Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, yeah. I plan on visiting someone very special to me this summer. I live in the states. She lives in Canada. I want to stay for school, see? But both my mom and her mom are clueless as to how things work. So I've come here to see if anyone could help me(us) out.

* If my mom gave her mom power of attorney(Not sure which one exactly), would I be able to get medical coverage there?

* Since I'm not a resident there, or whatever, would I have to pay for schooling?

Meh, extra info :

She's 14, I'm 15.

I just want to go to school for 11th grade there.

I'll add more when I get home, or when it comes to me.

Would just like to tackle a few issues. >>; Thanks for whatever information you can give to me. It's very much appreciated.
<center>you're young and making a life changing decision.
It may or may not work out.
Wait untill you have complete independance, when you don't have to have an adult responsible of your actions.
</center>
How special is this girl?
Neighborhood ***** :[/b] AT WORK. NOT HERE. WILL BE BACK SOON.

So, yeah. I plan on visiting someone very special to me this summer. I live in the states. She lives in Canada. I want to stay for school, see? But both my mom and her mom are clueless as to how things work. So I've come here to see if anyone could help me(us) out.

* If my mom gave her mom power of attorney(Not sure which one exactly), would I be able to get medical coverage there?

* Since I'm not a resident there, or whatever, would I have to pay for schooling?

Meh, extra info :

She's 14, I'm 15.

Would just like to tackle a few issues. >>; Thanks for whatever information you can give to me. It's very much appreciated.[/size:scccvw
scccvw7x:0="Neighborhood ***** :[/b] [color=red][size=24]AT WORK. NOT HERE. WILL BE BACK SOON.[/size][/color]
[size=9]

Meh, extra info :

She's 14, I'm 15.

Would just like to tackle a few issues. >>; Thanks for whatever information you can give to me. It's very much appreciated.

I HATE you user name... stare
Use the mind that the atheists have given you.
Stokesmon
How special is this girl?

Super Uber Special.

Btw, grow some skin. It's a random username that doesn't reflect me in any way. So hah.

And "Don't" is out of the question. I want answers.
How did you meet this person?
Stokesmon
How did you meet this person?

I have to go now. I'll answer questions later.
Well, if that's the case, I'll just ask all the questions I have in mind now...

1) Do you know what this girl looks like?

2) Have you met this girl in real life?

3) How sure are you that you want to do this?
Meh. Whatever. I have time to spare, so I'll say this.

No more questions. Answer mine first, please. :3
Stokesmon
Well, if that's the case, I'll just ask all the questions I have in mind now...

1) Do you know what this girl looks like?

2) Have you met this girl in real life?

3) How sure are you that you want to do this?

1) Yes, I do.

2) No, I haven't. But a few of my friends are friends with her. So it's all good. On several occasions, we've even communicated in other ways.

3) I've been making sure I do extra good in school just to convince my parents that I really want to do this. I wouldn't do that normally.

I'm 100% sure this is what I want. I've lived in Nebraska all my life, and nothing would make me happier then being able to experience an entirely different atmosphere, climate, country, etc, with a girl I really like. She's really excited about the idea, too. Who's it hurting?

Now, that I've answer those, may someone please fill me in on the questions I've asked? x_x;;
Well, meh. I have to go for now. ><; I'll be home soon.
Quote:

I have no idea... I'd say probably, but I'm not sure. There would probably be a lot of paper signing and such
Quote:

I don't believe you can even attend school with out being a resident. I'm pretty sure you have to be a resident of the country/providence you are living in to attend a public school. Private schools may be different though, and also, Canadian schools might have a different law. You might want to look into an exchange program at your school, as it might help cover a lot of the basic questions and problems you may have. 3nodding Hope I helped.
PS-Google!
I would wait until you guys are older, relationships usually end in highschool anyway.
Not sure about the medical coverage. That's best to be asked to an actual lawyer. neutral

I do believe you'll need to gain citizenship in Canada before you can truly go to school there. I dunno about that one either. sweatdrop Sorry for my lack of knowledge of the Canadian schooling system.

Have fun! xd Hope you can make it there. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces