Welcome to Gaia! ::

college is a step up from high school. you have to study differently and more often than you did before. once you get the hang of it, your grades will improve. if not, talk to an academic advisor and see what you can do about reducing your courseload or trading one for an easier class (i realize it might be too late for that now, but for the future).

honestly, it took me a while to make friends in uni too because the classes in first year are so enormous. it's much easier as the semesters go by because classes get way smaller. think about what you want to do with your electives - i met a ton of great friends by taking japanese classes. :]

also check out clubs on campus.

Stellar Hunter

30,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Noble Shade 100
does your college have any clubs? if so, maybe check out the ones that they have, pick out a couple that interest you and check them out. it's a pretty good start to try and find friends who have similar interests 3nodding

Quotable Tycoon

1. Buckle down and focus on studying. Create a schedule for yourself so that you have designated times where you go to the library or sit in the community lounge with a good book.

2. Once your grades have improved and you have a set routine for studying and leisure, THEN focus on social interaction. Join a club that interests you. Find a volunteer project you can get into. Join a sorority/fraternity if you find one that sparks your interest.

You will make friends. Sometimes it takes time. But focus on those grades first, because without good grades, the rest of this college thing will fall apart.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff