Welcome to Gaia! ::

Self injury.

I have a fresh burn injury, its scabbed and very painful. It's on my wrist. It just scabbed over today and I don't know if I want to bandage it tomorrow because then it will have to scab again, so I am tempted to leave it uncovered but I am nervous. I have never left an obvious wound uncovered. It's very painful too. I wore a brace at work today because if I move it too much it's very painful. I haven't burned in more than 5 months until this one time...

I don't know, should I cover it and bandage it or leave it uncovered so it can heal? I can be careful with people so they don't see it.

Fashionable Bloodsucker

3,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Clambake 200
DO wahtever you need so it can heal. Really if you are SIing enough that you need a brace, please go get help for it.
angel_259236102
DO wahtever you need so it can heal. Really if you are SIing enough that you need a brace, please go get help for it.
I'm already getting help for it.

Tipsy Prophet

Mega Lya
angel_259236102
I'm already getting help for it.

Good for you. smile

Do what you need to heal it. It's college, so not as many people will be up in your face about what happenned. It can be a source of great shame, though, so maybe instead of a bandage you can just wear long sleeves?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games