14,075 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
Little Fox Trot
quayla666
Little Fox Trot
quayla666
Your brother physically assaulted you, and you seem to be more concerned over having blue hair?

If I where you, I would care more about being physically assaulted.

Sigh this is what I was afraid of someone not seeing my point. I did tell my brother to get out of my room and then I tell him I'm talking to someone on the phone who I mention is my friend. He goes and try's to take the phone from me but I hang on because I see no point of him taking it and I fall on the ground and he still try's to take it. I'm not trying to be a whine baby about getting blue hair. I'm just hurt that my parents were not being so nice about my idea and that this had to become such a big issue. I told them okay I won't get blue hair then I went to my room to talk to my friend because I felt hurt how my parents reacted. If you where there and herd what my mom said to me like I would not go to town with you if u hAd blue hair or you would look like a f ung clown I think you would get a sting of emotion to.
Again, you care more about the blue hair over the rest of the stuff going on? Okay then, I will focus on that.

Well, your parents lived in a different gen than you. To them, that is what blue hair represented. They want you to be "proper" in their eyes. No, they didn't handle it very well, but I do see their point.

Plus, blue hair makes finding work 100x harder, since most NEED you to have a natural hair color, since many adults believe that non-natural hair leads to malice intentions. (Not sure how old you are, so I don't know if this applies to you yet)

I did try to explain to them reasonably about the blue hair idea and yeah every generation has different ideas. Also I'm a junior and my work place wouldn't mind the hair I just thought why not do blue hair now since I'm not looking for a serios job and I'm still in high school. I would only have blue hair until I can turn it back to a natural color. I'm not going to keep dying it unatrual colors forever.
Yeah, but if your family has THAT BAD of a reaction to it, why not just wait until you move out? Why try to agitate the issue further? I had blue hair before.. Hell, I have had EVERY hair color before. Nothing special happens, other than older people think you are an a*****e, no matter how nice you are.

Spoopy Kitten

Little Fox Trot

Yeah I want to move out when I turn 18 which is next month but I'm scared I won't make it on my own... I know I thought similar thoughts. ThAts why I'm so confused about my parents. I thought I could trust them but then again can I reallly...

Sometimes parents dont understand as much as they think they would. Why do you think you wont make it on your own? If you have a job, you can start asking your friends if theyre looking to move out too, then start looking for placed to move in together. Apartments are better than houses to start with - less money

Clocksys's Princess

Fanatical Partygoer

11,275 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I would probably put the whole hair dying part aside and focus on the part where your brother breaking down your door to take your phone away. Thus resulting you getting hurt. Like that's assault, and you should be calling the police.
From what I saw your post in the thread, if the dispatcher didn't care. Call again, and tell them that your brother assaulted you.

Onward to the hair part, your family seems to have a strong stereotype in their mind against people with colorful hair. Don't like that get to you. You should be wary of what you do cause it might lead to more problems.
Don't try to yell or fight to show your opinion, that'll just make the problem more heated. Be calm and voice your opinions, because yelling leads to anger and unresolved issues.

Dedicated Lunatic

quayla666
Little Fox Trot
quayla666
Little Fox Trot
quayla666
Your brother physically assaulted you, and you seem to be more concerned over having blue hair?

Sigh this is what I was afraid of someone not seeing my point. I did tell my brother to get out of my room and then I tell him I'm talking to someone on the phone who I mention is my friend. He goes and try's to take the phone from me but I hang on because I see no point of him taking it and I fall on the ground and he still try's to take it. I'm not trying to be a whine baby about getting blue hair. I'm just hurt that my parents were not being so nice about my idea and that this had to become such a big issue. I told them okay I won't get blue hair then I went to my room to talk to my friend because I felt hurt how my parents reacted. If you where there and herd what my mom said to me like I would not go to town with you if u hAd blue hair or you would look like a f ung clown I think you would get a sting of emotion to.
Again, you care more about the blue hair over the rest of the stuff going on? Okay then, I will focus on that.

Well, your parents lived in a different gen than you. To them, that is what blue hair represented. They want you to be "proper" in their eyes. No, they didn't handle it very well, but I do see their point.

Plus, blue hair makes finding work 100x harder, since most NEED you to have a natural hair color, since many adults believe that non-natural hair leads to malice intentions. (Not sure how old you are, so I don't know if this applies to you yet)

I did try to explain to them reasonably about the blue hair idea and yeah every generation has different ideas. Also I'm a junior and my work place wouldn't mind the hair I just thought why not do blue hair now since I'm not looking for a serios job and I'm still in high school. I would only have blue hair until I can turn it back to a natural color. I'm not going to keep dying it unatrual colors forever.
Yeah, but if your family has THAT BAD of a reaction to it, why not just wait until you move out? Why try to agitate the issue further? I had blue hair before.. Hell, I have had EVERY hair color before. Nothing special happens, other than older people think you are an a*****e, no matter how nice you are.

I After talking like normal beings i said okay i won't get blue hair. i went to my room and called my friend to vent to her and so my brother tried talking to me through the door some more about the blue hair and i told him i don't want to talk about it more so i keep talking to my friend then bam he breaks the door and so on. I was not the one who drew this on more my brother was the one who couldn't deal with it and put more wood on the fire.

Timid Star

11,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Timid 100
Look, if you're living under your parents' roof, then what they say goes. If they don't want you dying your hair a different color, you'll have to wait until you're on your own to do it or face the punishment you'd get for doing it behind their backs. Case closed. Sorry.

Dedicated Lunatic

xChibi Cannibalx
Little Fox Trot

Yeah I want to move out when I turn 18 which is next month but I'm scared I won't make it on my own... I know I thought similar thoughts. ThAts why I'm so confused about my parents. I thought I could trust them but then again can I reallly...

Sometimes parents dont understand as much as they think they would. Why do you think you wont make it on your own? If you have a job, you can start asking your friends if theyre looking to move out too, then start looking for placed to move in together. Apartments are better than houses to start with - less money

Yeah im just going to be quite now about this hair thing since it sparked a bloody fire. Well the reason is because i have two dogs and im afraid i wont be able to find a place that will allow pets .

Fashionable Sex Symbol

14,075 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
Little Fox Trot
quayla666
Little Fox Trot
quayla666
Little Fox Trot
quayla666

I After talking like normal beings i said okay i won't get blue hair. i went to my room and called my friend to vent to her and so my brother tried talking to me through the door some more about the blue hair and i told him i don't want to talk about it more so i keep talking to my friend then bam he breaks the door and so on. I was not the one who drew this on more my brother was the one who couldn't deal with it and put more wood on the fire.
As you have said, multiple times now. I am sure that you already knew it would have bothered your family, because you live with them everyday. common sense would dictate that they would have been known to go off on those things. Yes, he assaulted you.. Did you call the cops? How did that turn out? You told me that you didn't want me to focus on that, because your blue hair was more important. What do you want done from all this?

Spoopy Kitten

Little Fox Trot
xChibi Cannibalx
Little Fox Trot

Yeah im just going to be quite now about this hair thing since it sparked a bloody fire. Well the reason is because i have two dogs and im afraid i wont be able to find a place that will allow pets .

Check online in your area. Atleast where i am, a lot of apartments allow dogs as long as they are above a specific age and under a specific weight

Dedicated Lunatic

kauma16
I would probably put the whole hair dying part aside and focus on the part where your brother breaking down your door to take your phone away. Thus resulting you getting hurt. Like that's assault, and you should be calling the police.
From what I saw your post in the thread, if the dispatcher didn't care. Call again, and tell them that your brother assaulted you.

Onward to the hair part, your family seems to have a strong stereotype in their mind against people with colorful hair. Don't like that get to you. You should be wary of what you do cause it might lead to more problems.
Don't try to yell or fight to show your opinion, that'll just make the problem more heated. Be calm and voice your opinions, because yelling leads to anger and unresolved issues.

I was not yelling or trying to make a big deal from this i just wanted to try something new and different. I didn't want this to be a whole fight. I did hear what evryone had to say and asked them why this was bad and i said what i said and still thought it was a cool idea but they kept on trying to see this was bad and the only reason why they were saying these things about the hair idea was because we love you and can't you see we care. I understand they care but cant they see i listned to them but i still know what i want.

Clocksys's Princess

Fanatical Partygoer

11,275 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Little Fox Trot
kauma16

I was not yelling or trying to make a big deal from this i just wanted to try something new and different. I didn't want this to be a whole fight. I did hear what evryone had to say and asked them why this was bad and i said what i said and still thought it was a cool idea but they kept on trying to see this was bad and the only reason why they were saying these things about the hair idea was because we love you and can't you see we care. I understand they care but cant they see i listned to them but i still know what i want.

Just wait until you move out to get the freedom of dying your hair, or Let your parents know that it's your body, and that you have the freedom to do what you want to do with it aka dying your hair a colourful shade. I'm surprised a family is making a huge deal out of dying a hair not a natural shade. But my family doesn't let me paint my nails black because they that lesbians did that. huh families are weird.
Anyways, try doign some research about successful people that have colourful hair, and set up a presentation to prove your point & show it to your parents. That sounds far fetched, but it'll prove to them that it isn't the stereotype that it carries.

Dedicated Lunatic

quayla666
Little Fox Trot
quayla666
Little Fox Trot
quayla666

As you have said, multiple times now. I am sure that you already knew it would have bothered your family, because you live with them everyday. common sense would dictate that they would have been known to go off on those things. Yes, he assaulted you.. Did you call the cops? How did that turn out? You told me that you didn't want me to focus on that, because your blue hair was more important. What do you want done from all this?

My point, I want my brother to understand that what he did was not acceptable also that my parents shouldn't be so judgmental about people. They are Christians for pete sake! I should say I am sort of a shy person and don't handle well when people are rude and don't try to understand people. I called 911 but the person on the phone was not under standing becuase she saw that once i told her my age she brought up the stereo typical thought that Oh boy this is a teenager being all whiney and sh-t. ugh its hard for me to wright what im trying to get at that no its not about my blue hair!

Dedicated Lunatic

Little Fox Trot
quayla666
Little Fox Trot
quayla666
Little Fox Trot
quayla666

My point, I want my brother to understand that what he did was not acceptable also that my parents shouldn't be so judgmental about people. They are Christians for pete sake! I should say I am sort of a shy person and don't handle well when people are rude and don't try to understand people. I called 911 but the person on the phone was not under standing becuase she saw that once i told her my age she brought up the stereo typical thought that Oh boy this is a teenager being all whiney and sh-t. ugh its hard for me to wright what im trying to get at that no its not about my blue hair!

Also In my family no one has ever thought of something like this so i would have no idea that i would be pushing anyones buttons.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

14,075 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
Little Fox Trot
quayla666
Little Fox Trot
quayla666
Little Fox Trot
quayla666

Then keep calling the cops until they send someone down. If the first person didn't care, keep at it.

And no, they shouldn't be, but they are. And being Christian usually means that they will be judgmental of others that do not fall under their expectations.

The thing is, not everyone is just going to be understanding, and going to not judge others. It is something that humanity does naturally, and will be something that you will need to eventually get used to. It's not fun, it is hard, but it is a part of life.

To be honest, it sounds like it is about you wanting blue hair, and getting upset that your family didn't agree with you, when the real problem is what your brother did to you. It is the way you word things... And dispatch probably took it that way, since the importance seems to be more about the altercation over your hair color, rather than the actual incident that needs to be addressed.

Dedicated Lunatic

quayla666
Little Fox Trot
quayla666
Little Fox Trot
quayla666

Then keep calling the cops until they send someone down. If the first person didn't care, keep at it.

And no, they shouldn't be, but they are. And being Christian usually means that they will be judgmental of others that do not fall under their expectations.

The thing is, not everyone is just going to be understanding, and going to not judge others. It is something that humanity does naturally, and will be something that you will need to eventually get used to. It's not fun, it is hard, but it is a part of life.

To be honest, it sounds like it is about you wanting blue hair, and getting upset that your family didn't agree with you, when the real problem is what your brother did to you. It is the way you word things... And dispatch probably took it that way, since the importance seems to be more about the altercation over your hair color, rather than the actual incident that needs to be addressed.

Thank you for your opinion and insight on this. I see for some points on where your getting at and my bad if i came of as some whiny person. I just want other peoples view on this.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

14,075 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
Little Fox Trot

Thank you for your opinion and insight on this. I see for some points on where your getting at and my bad if i came of as some whiny person. I just want other peoples view on this.
You are welcome.

I am just trying to be honest with you, because I was through that kind of stuff myself. It's not easy, and if your family is very conservative, and would blow a gasket over this stuff, then it is best to just wait until you can move out on your own.

It's alright if you did. It happens to all of us, especially if something drastic happens. But when it comes to dispatch, you have to prioritize the situation. That could be why they treated you the way that they did.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff