Welcome to Gaia! ::

closed~
It's normal to find more than one man/girl to like, and think that they are charmy and maybe good persons in a relationship with you. It's not being unfaithful to just look or chat friendly with the other ones, unless you forget to just to be their friend.
If you start to flirt and that kind of stuff with them more often than your boyfriend/girlfriend, I think you should take it pretty seriously, do you want to be with the one you are in relationship right now?
I think as long you keep 'relationship' things with your boyfriend/girlfriend and 'friend' things with friends, there is nothing harmfull.

I have had this over and over again when I was in relationship, and I think it's just about being strong inside. Your heart knows what you want to do, but you have to jump to the other ones shoes as well. If you think that the 'crush-one' girl/boy is somehow better than your boyfriend/girlfriend, it makes you really locked up inside to think that you love someone else, but be with one you still like too, but which one the most?
These are regular teen questions, which I'm sure had happen to all of us. If you can't decide now, take a break with your boyfriend/girlfriend. Think about the things you love. The things you want to do, and what probably happens next to them(be realistic). Future will show the answer, if heart can't decide yet.

Dapper Smoker

Of course you're faithful. Finding attraction in other people is perfectly normal. That is just how our mentality is erected. We all tend to gravitate to people we find physically attracting, and matching interests.
Now, if you were to pursue these people in a manner of romantic interest, that you would normally do with your significant other, then yes, it is unfaithfulness.

5,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Member 100
When you cross the line of an innocent crush and go into 'I want to be with that person' territory, then I'd say it is being unfaithful.

2,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
as long as you dont act on your urges then no i wouldnt count it as cheating.
its human nature to look at someone and think yum
It is perfectly normal to find other people attractive if you're in a relationship. We're animals. It is in our nature to look and judge other people on their ability to procreate and make beautiful offspring.

When you find yourself wishing you were with someone instead of your current partner, or you actually do something physical with them your current partner doesn't consent to/know about, that is when it could be classified as being "unfaithful".

Tipsy Prophet

You're in a relationship, not blind.

Perhaps I have a different view on this than the general populace, being polyamorous, but I see nothing wrong with being attracted to, crushing, or even flirting with other people. I do it. I don't get bothered when my husband does it. He has one friend that he has a huge crush on. Like a school girl. I think it's adorable. We went to a party this friend was throwing, they hugged and afterwards she asked me if I was offended by that. Of course, the answer was no. I told her I thought it was cute, this crush of his, and she gained some new respect for me for not being petty.

From an outside-poly view, everybody flirts. Sometimes with complete strangers. Getting a wink from the cashier at the grocery store makes you feel good. You can say, "Hell yeah, I look good!" Take that self-esteem boost back to your own relationship.
Chatturbox
Say, you're in a relationship. Would being "un-faithful" count as being attracted to other men/women? Like, you have a girlfriend/boyfriend. You meet someone else, and you somewhat got a "crush" on them and think they're really attractive, but yet, love the person you're with.

Is it even possible to say that you're in love with your girlfriend/boyfriend, but yet you are attracted to someone else, or have a "crush" on them? Does it count as being unfaithful?

And, does this happen to you? What would you consider this as?

It's just not possible for you to overlook any other person's beauty.
I know when my boyfriend looks at other girls and likes the way they look.
He can't help it. I can't either.

Sure, you can have a two second crush on that other person, but make sure you suppress it so it doesn't come to the part where you're more fascinated by that crush than you are by your gf/bf.

Looks aren't everything, and your gf/bf is more special than that crush because you're probably going out with them for both their looks AND personality.
Getting little crushes is fine, pursuing them romantically or physically is not.
It's only cheating if you don't ask your boyfriend to have a threesome with them first.
Delightful_FOOL

Perhaps I have a different view on this than the general populace, being polyamorous, but I see nothing wrong with being attracted to, crushing, or even flirting with other people. I do it. I don't get bothered when my husband does it. He has one friend that he has a huge crush on. Like a school girl. I think it's adorable. We went to a party this friend was throwing, they hugged and afterwards she asked me if I was offended by that. Of course, the answer was no. I told her I thought it was cute, this crush of his, and she gained some new respect for me for not being petty.

From an outside-poly view, everybody flirts. Sometimes with complete strangers. Getting a wink from the cashier at the grocery store makes you feel good. You can say, "Hell yeah, I look good!" Take that self-esteem boost back to your own relationship.

This.

Dapper Millionaire

It's absolutely normal to find attraction of another person that is outside your current relationship. Heck, I'm guilty of this myself, and I'm in a 3-year relationship and very much in love, and very physically attracted to my boyfriend. I developed a slight crush on my co-worker, but never acted upon it, and even confided to my boyfriend about it eventually when said "crush" went away.
It happens, but if you're in a relationship with someone else, don't act upon it.
Delightful_FOOL

Woah...

Tipsy Prophet

Chatturbox
Delightful_FOOL

Woah...

What?
If this is going to turn into a poly=commitment-phobic, incapable of truely loving another or whatever spare me. Love--and people--are not one dimensional and there are many ways to go about it.
Chatturbox
Say, you're in a relationship. Would being "un-faithful" count as being attracted to other men/women? Like, you have a girlfriend/boyfriend. You meet someone else, and you somewhat got a "crush" on them and think they're really attractive, but yet, love the person you're with.

Is it even possible to say that you're in love with your girlfriend/boyfriend, but yet you are attracted to someone else, or have a "crush" on them? Does it count as being unfaithful?

And, does this happen to you? What would you consider this as?

This is totally fine. Being attracted to other people is perfectly acceptable. Thinking about someone else once in a while is nothing.
Now, acting on these thoughts? You're a terrible ******** person, and need to die.
But, from what you posted, it seems like you haven't done anything yet. So you're okay.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff