Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are online relationships considered cheating?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on May 21, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.

is cybering or online girlfriends a big deal? would it be wrong to be upset at my boyfriend for this? What makes it worse is that he was doing these things at my house on my computer. We talked about it and he told these girls that he had a girlfriend and broke up with them. I guess my question is .... should I trust him? Might he do something like this again? Am I over reacting?

Hardcore Sex Symbol

12,575 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
If you consider it to be cheating, then it is cheating. Whether you want to trust him or not is your own choice, but before you decide, ask yourself if you think that he would do it again.

Blessed Genius

3,750 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
Well i think its cheating. I mean i think i cheated once, but it felt bad and i'd never do it again. Your boyfriend will stop if he loves you enough.
Many people don't take online relationships seriously. However, I count online relationships as real relationships too, and I'd be very upset. If he had another girlfriend, it doesn't matter if it's online or offline - I still consider that cheating. And cybering is just nasty no matter how you put it in my mind. I would give him a second chance if he broke up with the online girl(s) and if he truly apologized to you, but be cautious and keep an eye out in case he does it again.
It's all debatable as to whether he would do it again or not. Some learn to stay faithful after they're caught. Some keep doing it for the excitement, pleasure, and many other reasons that they might be doing it. If you want to trust him, you can trust him. If you choose not to trust him and want to put up your guard for awhile you can do that too. It really is all up to you on this because it's your relationship. You should make the decision.

A lot of people don't take online relationships that seriously, some do though. If you really consider that cheating and it to be a bad thing, you might want to break-up with him for it. You might want to talk to him about it. If you don't view it as that big of a deal, then you might just want to move on from that. I think you should keep your guard up for a little just to make sure he's not doing it. Then go back to normal.

Think of it like this maybe: If he cheated on you just the same but it was offline what would you do?

My opinion.
thanks guys. i think im going to stay with him, but just keep an eye out. if he does it again then he's gone lol
ButterBalls

Think of it like this maybe: If he cheated on you just the same but it was offline what would you do?

My opinion.
Offline would be a bigger problem. I dont think I could forgive him for that, because he actually would know this girl... and with online, there sint as much invested emotions as in 'real life'
Wow I feel like an outsider here, but I don't believe online relationships to be dating. I think that cybering is gross but a personal decision... and anyway back to online dating, for me it does not seem real. You talk to them, but there is no physical relationship. Maybe that is better for some people, but for me... I need to have something other than webcams and instant messages.

That's just me though.

THe only thing I would not tolerate in this situation would be using your computer for these things. First of all, it is rude to come over to your house and then use your computer for personal things, and second if it bothers you he should not do it in your presence. HOWEVER: if you consider it cheating and you have asked him to stop, you need to make the decision: do you trust him or not? And if not, cheating is wrong so you should do something about it... again. JMO.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff