Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ever since I was little (like 6 or 7) my step-dad has been in my face about every little thing.....nothings ever good enough for him.
Last night I was really pissed off about something, and he asked me something stupid and I gave him 'attitude'.....
Basicly, I was pissed and he wouldnt shut up....
Then he starts saying "Do I diserve your attitude?! Im sick of you getting all mad over the stupidest things then acting like a b***h to me...." ( Oh and he made sure my mom didnt hear him call me a b***h, cuz she would have yelled at him)
I wanted to kill him. I still do.
After he was all finished giving his little speach, I went up stairs to my room so I wouldnt start yelling at him. So I was up there not 5 mins. before he comes up the stairs to yell at me some more. So I just started to give it back to him. The he comes not 2 inches away from my face and starts yelling at me, telling me that he was right....
I wasnt about to let him step all over me like he use to do when I was little.....so I screamed at him as loud as I could. I felt my heart beating....if felt like I was going to have a heartattack or something. (Oh, and again, he made sure my mom didnt know he was going up to my room to yell at me some more....otherwise, she would have stopped him.)
So I ran downstairs and into the kitchen....thought about grabing a knife and just giving it to him....Id love to do that....
NE WAYS....I told him I wanted him to leave me alone....my mom came in the kitchen when she hear me yelling. I damned him to hell and kept yelling....he said to my mom, "Who does she think she is?!" And I was thinking, jeez, I think Im someone who wants to kill you, be left alone, or get as far away from you as possible.
My mom stayed calm for the whole thing....shes on my side as always, cuz he does this to her too.
He thinks hes king of the house or something.... Hes not my father....I love my dad.....I want to kill my step-dad, if I can even call him any sort of dad. It was his fault that my dad didnt call me for 2 months....but thats another story...
So, still yelling at him, I said I hated him and damned him to hell once more before running outside. I stood out there, out of sight for a little while before my mom came out and took me to my grandma's house. (my grandparents are out of town right now.)
We talked a while....about her wanting to leave him....how we couldnt do that because my mom has 4 kids including myself......she said she thought about letting me stay with my grandparents, but then she started crying because she doesnt want to miss out on me growing up....(im her first child....)....I told her I wanted to kill him, but Id go insaine if I went to jail....which is very true...
Eventually we went home....I didnt speak to him and vise-versa.....
Then when I went to bed he came up and said he was sorry I hate him, but he loves me....I really dont give a damn about him....if he loved me he wouldnt step all over me, he wouldnt have called me a spoiled brat behind my moms back when I was little (I am far from spoiled....ask anyone that knows me....I have to work for s**t), and he wouldnt have called me a b***h and got in my face last night after I made him look bad...

So what I want to know is, how do I controll my anger when he does stuff like this?? And still not let him step all over me...
I cant go anywhere else because I dont want my mom to be sad....I cant ignore him because he'll ask me why Im ignoring him....I cant act happy around him anymore because he will just be anoying and ask me how my day has been, and when I say bad then he asks me why then he wont leave me alone untill I tell him why....

I know this whole thing is really confusing....but please try and help me...I dont think I can take 3 more years with him....and I cant leave my mom alone with him....
I know this is long, but please read it....please....
Sounds to me like... your stepdad needs to learn his place. He's not your father, and he definitely has no right to verbally abuse you like this.

Next time he does this, gather all your courage and punch him in the face as hard as you can. Let him know and feel that he has no right to do to you and your mom what he's doing.

You might give him a good scare by doing this, too. Maybe it'll stop him from doing it again.

That's all the advice I can give, really... I can't help you control your anger, as I've been known to be very prone to losing my temper, myself neutral

Either way... good luck...
star_strucken_132
Ever since I was little (like 6 or 7) my step-dad has been in my face about every little thing.....nothings ever good enough for him.
Last night I was really pissed off about something, and he asked me something stupid and I gave him 'attitude'.....
Then he starts saying "Do I diserve your attitude?! Im sick of you getting all mad over the stupidest things then acting like a b***h to me...." ( Oh and he made sure my mom didnt hear him call me a b***h, cuz she would have yelled at him)
After he was all finished giving his little speach, I went up stairs to my room so I wouldnt start yelling at him. So I was up there not 5 mins. before he comes up the stairs to yell at me some more. So I just started to give it back to him. The he comes not 2 inches away from my face and starts yelling at me, telling me that he was right....
I wasnt about to let him step all over me like he use to do when I was little.....so I screamed at him as loud as I could. I felt my heart beating....if felt like I was going to have a heartattack or something. (Oh, and again, he made sure my mom didnt know he was going up to my room to yell at me some more....otherwise, she would have stopped him.)
So I ran downstairs and into the kitchen....thought about grabing a knife and just giving it to him....Id love to do that....
NE WAYS....I told him I wanted him to leave me alone....my mom came in the kitchen when she hear me yelling. I damned him to hell and kept yelling....he said to my mom, "Who does she think she is?!" And I was thinking, jeez, I think Im someone who wants to kill you, be left alone, or get as far away from you as possible.
My mom stayed calm for the whole thing....shes on my side as always, cuz he does this to her too.
He thinks hes king of the house or something.... Hes not my father....I love my dad.....I want to kill my step-dad, if I can even call him any sort of dad. It was his fault that my dad didnt call me for 2 months....but thats another story...
So, still yelling at him, I said I hated him and damned him to hell once more before running outside. I stood out there, out of sight for a little while before my mom came out and took me to my grandma's house. (my grandparents are out of town right now.)
We talked a while....about her wanting to leave him....how we couldnt do that because my mom has 4 kids including myself......she said she thought about letting me stay with my grandparents, but then she started crying because she doesnt want to miss out on me growing up....(im her first child....)....I told her I wanted to kill him, but Id go insaine if I went to jail....which is very true...
Then when I went to bed he came up and said he was sorry I hate him, but he loves me....I really dont give a damn about him....if he loved me he wouldnt step all over me, he wouldnt have called me a spoiled brat behind my moms back when I was little (I am far from spoiled....ask anyone that knows me....I have to work for s**t), and he wouldnt have called me a b***h and got in my face last night after I made him look bad...

So what I want to know is, how do I controll my anger when he does stuff like this?? And still not let him step all over me...
I cant go anywhere else because I dont want my mom to be sad....I cant ignore him because he'll ask me why Im ignoring him....I cant act happy around him anymore because he will just be anoying and ask me how my day has been, and when I say bad then he asks me why then he wont leave me alone untill I tell him why....

I know this whole thing is really confusing....but please try and help me...I dont think I can take 3 more years with him....and I cant leave my mom alone with him....

I know it is hard but hang in there you will be out soom. Sorry that's all i can say I have to go throw the some thing at home just with my grandmother.
Just tell him how you feel about this, if he continues or gets angry at you for this, just smack 'im. All the advice I can give.
I HAVE JUST READ YOUR WHOLE THING WORD FOR WORD

I REALLY WISH I COULD HELP YOU HERE

BASICLLY WE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM

YOU FEEL TENSE BECAUSE YOU DO NOT SEE WHY SOME ONE IS DOING SOE THING TO YOU
AND YOU FEEL YOU HAVE TO LET IT ALL OUT?

I RESORTED TO SELF-HARM
WHEN MY MUM FOUND OUT I WAS DOING IT
IT WAS NOT A PRETTY SITE
SELF-HARM IS NOT THE ANSWER TO THIS

TRUST ME

BUT WHAT IS???

I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW WHAT OTHERS SAY ABOUT THIS
L33ch
Sounds to me like... your stepdad needs to learn his place. He's not your father, and he definitely has no right to verbally abuse you like this.

Next time he does this, gather all your courage and punch him in the face as hard as you can. Let him know and feel that he has no right to do to you and your mom what he's doing.

You might give him a good scare by doing this, too. Maybe it'll stop him from doing it again.

That's all the advice I can give, really... I can't help you control your anger, as I've been known to be very prone to losing my temper, myself neutral

Either way... good luck...

I love how you think....lol

ne ways....I acually thought about it last night when he came 2 inches away from my face. God...hes such a jackass.....
I feel that you should just go with the flow. Sometimes you have to play your feelings by ear. If he in a good mood then try as hard as it might be to happy towards him. You should ignore him if he tries to step on you. But I hope my advice helps and that you try to contain yourself for three years. crying
GothCloud
star_strucken_132

I know it is hard but hang in there you will be out soom. Sorry that's all i can say I have to go throw the some thing at home just with my grandmother.

good luck w/ that.....
INTERWIZZ9000
I HAVE JUST READ YOUR WHOLE THING WORD FOR WORD

I REALLY WISH I COULD HELP YOU HERE

BASICLLY WE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM

YOU FEEL TENSE BECAUSE YOU DO NOT SEE WHY SOME ONE IS DOING SOE THING TO YOU
AND YOU FEEL YOU HAVE TO LET IT ALL OUT?

I RESORTED TO SELF-HARM
WHEN MY MUM FOUND OUT I WAS DOING IT
IT WAS NOT A PRETTY SITE
SELF-HARM IS NOT THE ANSWER TO THIS

TRUST ME

BUT WHAT IS???

I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW WHAT OTHERS SAY ABOUT THIS

.......glad Im not alone.....
Another thing...The only reason I dont want to kill myself is because my parents and my boyfriend would be devistated....
star_strucken_132
Another thing...The only reason I dont want to kill myself is because my parents and my boyfriend would be devistated....
Good... you actually have a reason not to kill yourself. That's... very, very good. It puts you miles above those who have been so inconsiderate to kill themselves.

And hey... things will most likely take a turn for the better. Once your stepdad realizes he can't just do this to you, he'll stop.

Hygienic Sex Symbol

3,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
The problem is, if you hit him, if he's so verbally abusive, he may very well hit you back.

I don't think you mentioned, but how old are you? Just wondering how long this is going to last for you.

And, since your grandparents are in the same town, is there a possibility of shared custody? Maybe you could live with them for a couple of days a week, and stay weekends with your mom? Or would that just make things worse?

I feel bad for your mom. It's terrible to feel trapped in a relationship because of the children. I was thinking, maybe if you're old enough to babysit for her for free, she could work a couple extra hours a week and save up some money so she could get out as well.
Asta the Broken
The problem is, if you hit him, if he's so verbally abusive, he may very well hit you back.

I don't think you mentioned, but how old are you? Just wondering how long this is going to last for you.

And, since your grandparents are in the same town, is there a possibility of shared custody? Maybe you could live with them for a couple of days a week, and stay weekends with your mom? Or would that just make things worse?

I feel bad for your mom. It's terrible to feel trapped in a relationship because of the children. I was thinking, maybe if you're old enough to babysit for her for free, she could work a couple extra hours a week and save up some money so she could get out as well.

Im only 15....I have a job, but I only work once a week and I bring home $30....and my mom doesnt want me to live w/ my grandparents because she doesnt want to miss out on everyday things with me.....
And I feel horrible.....I feel so bad for my mom...as soon as I get out of school Im going to get a job and save up for her so she can get a house out in maine and live there with my brothers and sister....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff