Welcome to Gaia! ::

Says a lot that I have to go to a kids site to get mature answers. Says a lot about the adults of today. I was on Yahoo! Answers, and everyone was being so damn immature with their responses. So be mature, and answer intelligently.

Some people like to bite other people's necks. It's sort of a fetish. But is it possible to seriously hurt someone by doing that? Like, if you bite really hard, can you actually kill them? Or is it possible to cause infection from a bad bite? Because my friend had to go to the hospital because his arm got infected when another friend bit him. I'm just curious how much harm this simple kink could actually cause.

I'd appreciate a medically accurate response, and not opinions. Thank you.

Note: This is not your usual "nibble". We are talking painful, bruising bites. Another question: would one have to break skin to actually cause dangerous bleeding, or can it be internal?

8,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
MissDianaRockstar
Says a lot that I have to go to a kids site to get mature answers. Says a lot about the adults of today. I was on Yahoo! Answers, and everyone was being so damn immature with their responses. So be mature, and answer intelligently.

Some people like to bite other people's necks. It's sort of a fetish. But is it possible to seriously hurt someone by doing that? Like, if you bite really hard, can you actually kill them? Or is it possible to cause infection from a bad bite? Because my friend had to go to the hospital because his arm got infected when another friend bit him. I'm just curious how much harm this simple kink could actually cause.

I'd appreciate a medically accurate response, and not opinions. Thank you.

Note: This is not your usual "nibble". We are talking painful, bruising bites. Another question: would one have to break skin to actually cause dangerous bleeding, or can it be internal?

Yes it is possible, but not likely. Your teeth would have to be considerbly sharper.....but, it is a tender area and is possible, please be careful, a person can bleed out very fast and be brain dead within seconds.

Gramps
Yes you can do that, you can rip someones throat out if you really wanted to with your teeth. But don't worry, you would have to be going all zombie on them to hit the artery. Also if he start squirting blood 15 feet then I would suggest saying the last goodbyes.
User Image

I'm studying to become an RN at a 4-year university. So hopefully what I tell you, you can take for the truth.

There's no possible way to puncture an artery running up through the neck with our dull human teeth. You can certainly puncture the skin, as is what's popular among the vampire community, but there's no way to sink teeth through our tough neck skin and then slice through an artery all in one bite. There's too much in the way. You have your esophogus is the way and jugular. The arteries are nestled on either side and are relatively small veins, protected by all that mush you have around your other major pipe-lines.

You'd have to tear open the skin a substancial amount, pull away the windpipe (good luck with that) in order to get to the arteries.

Infection can easily be spread as your saliva is just dirty.

I wouldn't suggest gnawing on someone like that. >>;

User Image
This is a kid's site? Why wasn't I informed of this?

But really, Strawberry's response is good information. Go with it. Infection, on the other hand, is much more likely. Human saliva is full of bacteria, so puncturing the skin could be dangerous. It's not at all uncommon for infection to take hold in a human bite wound. As long as the wound is kept clean and is taken care of as quickly as possible, though, I wouldn't worry too much.

5,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
Mmmm biting.

Anyways, what I was going to say had already been said. Take good care of the bitemarks/wounds. I would suggest cleaning the area which has been bitten and perhaps put some first aid ointment on it.

Bruising will probably be the more likely of things to happen and it may be sore for a couple of days, but I am sure you already know this if you have been bitten hard enough.

Lastly, Um.. I think Neopets is more of a kids site then Gaia.

Meowsette's Prince

Demonic Hellraiser

Listen to Strawberry.

As for the infections? Many people have already stated how full of bacteria human saliva is. Best just be safe and clean the bite wounds afterwards.
Thanks everyone, especially Strawberry.

So, correct me if I am wrong: the general agreement is that you can't kill someone just with biting their neck, but if you puncture the skin, you should go for the first aide kit just to prevent infection.

I wasn't exactly sure of the placement of blood vessels, but I guess that all makes sense. I was just under the impression that the artery was very close to the surface. Out of curiosity, do you know whether major blood vessels are really that close to the surface under the armpit and in the inner hip joint? Because someone said that to me and made me nervous about shaving there for months.
Let the darkness come...

No, you can't bite through an artery in the human neck with human teeth alone. You could try, but most people would start screaming their lungs out and trying to beat the hell out of you before you even broke the skin, because it's going to hurt and most people don't have that kind of tollerance for pain.

Might be able to manage it if you sharpen your teeth or use a knife or something, but I think it's attempted murder by then..

...we are not afraid
wow..i know some people really liked biting,but wow....
yea..i am quite sure that it can be done,i mean,it would have to be prettty hard,and be on the artery.but it can be done.
Yes, It is possible but, if your careful enough I'm sure you will be okay.
When you get right down to it, why would you even wanna bite someone that hard? I mean you could if you hated them, but why would you do it on their neck? o.O (Unless you're a vampire or something...)
It's not just the arteries you have to watch out for. If you are getting into rough play (totally recommended) and are biting hard on someone's neck, you also have to worry about the muscle tissue and connective tissue in the neck, along with the esophogus and the rest of your major throat tissues. A hard bite can definitely cause significant damage to the neck.
Also, go for the sides of the neck, as it has fleshier tissue and is more pleasant than a bite on the front of the neck (where your larynx is located), which is quite painful.
That's why you should always restrain yourself from biting as hard as you can.
I would assume you can.

Don't worry too much.
I'm sure you can tell when you bite too far.
Don't forget the layer of skin and fat that comes before the actual muscles and other insides.
;] Try to stick to that area?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces