Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Lover

5,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
Recently I've gotten into the habit of sleeping with my boyfriend. No. Not having sex. Actually SLEEPING. Problem here is, I'm beginning to have problems sleeping without him! I've been getting about an hour or so of sleep lately (which is bad for me because I'm anemic) because I can't fall asleep at night without him. We both live with our parents...so sleepovers are out of the question. The most I ever get with him are naps. Maybe about an hour long at the most, but the most comfortable sleeping periods I've ever had.

Just sleeping with him is wonderful. I'm completely comfortable with it, and he seems to be too. When I'm snuggled warmly in his arms (which is very nice because oftentime I'm cold) and I can hear his calming heart beat, it just makes me feel so loved. I don't feel like I have to constantly entertain him.

However, I can't seem to get to sleep at night lately. I've always had problems but this is the worst. Sometimes I don't know why I bother going to sleep at all. I noticed that I can sleep just fine when I'm with him, so I've tried a bunch of ways to pretend he was there with me including sleeping with a body pillow and even a blanket warmer. Nothing is working for me. It's just not the same unless it's my boyfriend, whom I'm simply crazy about.

What can I do?

I have had multiple blood tests and I have been diagnosed with severe anemia. I have all of the symptoms, and I am currently taking medication (or at least I'm supposed to be...) for it. (The pills make me choke and I always cough them back up. They taste horrid.)

About anemia

"Anemia (American English) or anaemia (Commonwealth English), which literally means "without blood," is a lack of red blood cells and/or hemoglobin. This results in a reduced ability of blood to transfer oxygen to the tissues. Hemoglobin (the oxygen-carrying protein in the red blood cells) has to be present to ensure adequate oxygenation of all body tissues and organs.

The three main causes of anemia include excessive blood loss (hemorrhage), excessive red blood cell destruction (hemolysis) or deficient red blood cell production.

Anemia is the most common disorder of the blood. There are several kinds of anemia, produced by a variety of underlying causes. Anemia is classified according to the size of the red blood cell: decreased (microcytic), normal (normocytic) or enlarged (macrocytic or megaloblastic).

Anemia goes undetected in many people, and symptoms can be vague. Most commonly, a feeling of weakness or fatigue is reported. Shortness of breath is reported in more severe cases. Very severe anemia prompts a compensatory response where cardiac output is markedly increased, leading to palpitations and sweatiness; this process can lead to heart failure in elderly people.

Pallor (pale skin and mucosal linings) is only notable in cases of severe anemia, and is therefore not a reliable sign."

Definition from Wikipedia.
Aww.... I know it's not the same, but I can't sleep without Ami- Chan (my teddy bear).
Wow what a predicament. You could always pay that outrageous doctor fee and get some insomniac medication. You need your sleep. 3nodding I suggestt rying a few other things before you go give you money to a doctor to perscribe some medication that may not even do anything.

On another thought try tlaking to him right as you're about to sleep, tricking your brain into thinking he was there. It works occasionally.

Either way goodluck! domokun
If it's warmth, get yourself a good blanket and maybe some heating thingies to put under your sheets. I'm not sure what to do about the whole listening to his heartbeat. How do you mimic heartbeats?
I'm the same with my boyfriend. I find that sleeping with his sweatshirt on or snuggling with it as I fall asleep works pretty well. It's not quite the same, but it helps.

Dangerous Lover

5,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
Sanitary Pad
I'm the same with my boyfriend. I find that sleeping with his sweatshirt on or snuggling with it as I fall asleep works pretty well. It's not quite the same, but it helps.

That's actually a very good idea...I'd feel bad about taking his stuff, though...
RyoKeen
Wow what a predicament. You could always pay that outrageous doctor fee and get some insomniac medication. You need your sleep. 3nodding I suggestt rying a few other things before you go give you money to a doctor to perscribe some medication that may not even do anything.

On another thought try tlaking to him right as you're about to sleep, tricking your brain into thinking he was there. It works occasionally.

Either way goodluck! domokun

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces