Wealthy Consumer

8,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
shy gh0st
User Image
y'all need to stop calling it a "mental institution"
it's just a hospital. it is literally part of a hospital.

The actual term is mental facility. It isn't just used for "crazy" people (a word we psych majors loath). Are they sometimes part of a hospital? Yes. But not all of them are.

Busy Bunny's Widow

Sweet Spirit

Heartless_Angel_in_me

The actual term is mental facility. It isn't just used for "crazy" people (a word we psych majors loath). Are they sometimes part of a hospital? Yes. But not all of them are.

uhhh. facility =/= institution.

also i know that crazy is a gross word cuz im one of those "crazy" people whos been to the "mental institution" multiple times. rolleyes

the terms "mental ward", "psych ward", "loony bin", "nut house", normally bring up negative & untrue stereotypes dealing with behavioral centers. ive met people who honestly believe they still use straight jackets as common practice. //straight jackets// like cmon its 2014 stop.

so people going around spouting things out like that gross me out but thanks for lecturing me on places ive been to i guess.

Wealthy Consumer

8,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
shy gh0st
Heartless_Angel_in_me

uhhh. facility =/= institution.

also i know that crazy is a gross word cuz im one of those "crazy" people whos been to the "mental institution" multiple times. rolleyes

the terms "mental ward", "psych ward", "loony bin", "nut house", normally bring up negative & untrue stereotypes dealing with behavioral centers. ive met people who honestly believe they still use straight jackets as common practice. //straight jackets// like cmon its 2014 stop.

so people going around spouting things out like that gross me out but thanks for lecturing me on places ive been to i guess.

biggrin And thank you for being passive aggressive to a psych major in human services who has not only been a patient in one, but also had an internship at a mental facility!

sheesh.

Wasn't even "lecturing" you. Just telling you the correct term rolleyes

Busy Bunny's Widow

Sweet Spirit

Heartless_Angel_in_me

it was pointing out the fact you were a psych major while correcting me that made me feel like i was sitting at a lecture tbh.

but like i said the word "facility" is not the same as the word "institution".

people hear "i needed to use the facility" and it's like oh, thats okay!
people hear "i was institutionalized" and it's like OMG ARE U VIOLENT... DONT COME NEAR ME....

word choice = a lot.

i wasnt giving another term. i wasnt asking for the correct definition.

like idek what u want me to say you gave me an answer to a question i didnt ask.

but i'll apologize for being passive aggressive thats my b. i'm not in a good place right now sorry bruh emotion_brofist

Wealthy Consumer

8,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
shy gh0st
Heartless_Angel_in_me

it was pointing out the fact you were a psych major while correcting me that made me feel like i was sitting at a lecture tbh.

but like i said the word "facility" is not the same as the word "institution".

people hear "i needed to use the facility" and it's like oh, thats okay!
people hear "i was institutionalized" and it's like OMG ARE U VIOLENT... DONT COME NEAR ME....

word choice = a lot.

i wasnt giving another term. i wasnt asking for the correct definition.

like idek what u want me to say you gave me an answer to a question i didnt ask.

but i'll apologize for being passive aggressive thats my b. i'm not in a good place right now sorry bruh emotion_brofist

I was actually tryin to back up your statement. Sorry you took it the wrong way. And sorry I didn't like you being passive aggressive. We cool. emotion_brofist

Busy Bunny's Widow

Sweet Spirit

Heartless_Angel_in_me

I was actually tryin to back up your statement. Sorry you took it the wrong way. And sorry I didn't like you being passive aggressive. We cool. emotion_brofist

oooOOoooh i see now.
sorry User Image

Demonic Lunatic

hey, if you're not suicidal make sure to cut in locations that secrete less blood. Like don't cut on your lower arms or anything.

and no idea. New Jersey is the complete opposite.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff