Welcome to Gaia! ::

My apartment that I just moved into has kind of have a bug problem, disgusting and really creepy as they come out at night and I am awake most of the night. So my bed frame broke, leaving me to sleep on my box spring with my mattress on the floor. It's still comfortable, not much of a difference besides not having a bed frame but I won't be able to get a new bed frame until next friday and I'm wondering if the bugs will crawl in bed with me since its on the floor now? As for other furniture its still at my other home and I won't have a way to even get that moved for 2 weeks.

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
Can you call the landlord and have them spray your apartment? During the winter with my apartment we get an increase of little critters coming in from the outside as well, mainly spiders. Our landlord sends a bug guy to handle it. And it's nice when you live in an apartment, because you don't have to pay for it.

Divine Sage

oidptmidfk
My apartment that I just moved into has kind of have a bug problem, disgusting and really creepy as they come out at night and I am awake most of the night. So my bed frame broke, leaving me to sleep on my box spring with my mattress on the floor. It's still comfortable, not much of a difference besides not having a bed frame but I won't be able to get a new bed frame until next friday and I'm wondering if the bugs will crawl in bed with me since its on the floor now? As for other furniture its still at my other home and I won't have a way to even get that moved for 2 weeks.

You could put something under the bed to elevate it.
Little Dead Soldier
Can you call the landlord and have them spray your apartment? During the winter with my apartment we get an increase of little critters coming in from the outside as well, mainly spiders. Our landlord sends a bug guy to handle it. And it's nice when you live in an apartment, because you don't have to pay for it.

I tried, they insisted there wasn't a bug problem and that its just because its winter, and told me to try spraying it myself. I just find it odd theres more bugs than usual even in the winter, and alot of them don't look like they've came from the outside. I've bought raid and I've been spraying it around and I haven't noticed or seen any since but then again that doesn't mean they're still hiding. sad
Flemmes Felares
oidptmidfk

I was thinking of that but I'm not sure what I could use or how I could do it. Any ideas?

Divine Sage

oidptmidfk
Flemmes Felares
oidptmidfk

I was thinking of that but I'm not sure what I could use or how I could do it. Any ideas?

Good question. What do you have in your apartment? You could also probably set up some sort of barrier or net to keep them out, like how people have mosquito curtains.
Flemmes Felares
oidptmidfk
Flemmes Felares
oidptmidfk

Good question. What do you have in your apartment? You could also probably set up some sort of barrier or net to keep them out, like how people have mosquito curtains.

The only thing I can think of currently are long wooden shelves. I could probably buy something that would work I'm just unsure what to buy confused

Divine Sage

oidptmidfk
Flemmes Felares
oidptmidfk
Flemmes Felares
oidptmidfk

The only thing I can think of currently are long wooden shelves. I could probably buy something that would work I'm just unsure what to buy confused

Shelves sound interesting. Maybe you can clean out your room, and then block any crevices or holes where things can crawl through.
Is mainly one type of bug that you get? I'd recommend capturing some and trying to identify it. Its easier to control creepy crawlers if you know what you are dealing with.

Indulgent Partner

oidptmidfk
Flemmes Felares
oidptmidfk

Cinder blocks. Had my bed on cinder blocks for 2 years.
If it's a roaches, they're going to be hard to kill with store bought sprays and stuff. Roaches usually require professional exterminators.

If its ants, ants are easy to kill with baits. I always get ants in my kitchen the winter.

That sucks that your landlord won't do anything. Bugs seek warmth in the winter, so that's when they are worst in people's homes..

Fuzzy Bibliophile

12,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image what kind of bug is it?
I'm assuming you're renting- you should tell your landlord about the bug problem and get them to fix it. I had a big ant problem in my old place and they would come in every now and then and spray for us. If they're dumb and won't do anything, see about using those bug bombs. They're easy and not too expensive.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

14,075 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
Moogle Voodoo
User Image what kind of bug is it?

This.

If we knew what kind of bug(s), then we could offer better information.

Shy Gaian

3,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
Make sure they aren't bed bugs first.

You can get bug traps at a Home Depot, line some Bounce dryer sheets along your bed, and keep the apartment clean is the best advice I have.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff